Forums > Australian Rooster Teeth Street Team

ARTST design

Posts (45)

• red_design

red_design

#31181343 - 8 years ago

Hi guys,

Please use this thread for any design ideas you may have for the Street Team. This could include artistic concepts like Street Team shirts, badges or hand outs. All sorts of ideas are welcome, however, visual aids to convey your idea will help everyone understand it more and give it a better chance of being used. Please also describe what you are designing or what your idea is for. (eg. Shirt design)

Just waiting on the ARTST logo design from Josh. If you have alternate designs, you can submit them here too and we may use them for other aspects of the group in the future.

(Note: any ideas concerning RTOZ the event can go on this thread)

• red_design

red_design

#31181344 - 8 years ago

As an example, this is my Street Team for Red Undead (my comic):

red_design4d82efc8d9db1.jpg

I've got two girls wearing a Red Undead shirt (with www.redundead.com) on the back. They're supposed to be side characters. I've got another girl 'cosplaying' as one of the main characters of the story. All three of them went around Armageddon Expo handing out magnets and taking photos with people. I'm also wearing a Red Undead shirt (black version).

• red_design

red_design

#31181345 - 8 years ago

Here's another photo that shows the shirts a little better:

red_design4d82efe14b380.jpg

(who doesn't love a squad of Storm Troopers?)

Point is to get ideas - as wild or crazy or out there - and get the brain thinking about how to get the Australian Rooster Teeth Street Team the most awesome street team there is. It starts with some art and design ideas and concepts!

Post edited 3/18/11 12:50AM

• wilko383

wilko383

#31181346 - 8 years ago

coolcaiti - after over a week of keeping you waiting I can finally post the ARTST designs you wanted.

artstaus.jpg

artstaus2.jpg

artstausbws.jpg

Personally I don't think it works as well as the RvBOZ ones I made. I don't know why. Maybe it is the font not suiting the ARTST text as much as it did the RvBOZ text.

• Caiti

Caiti FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Velvet Scarlatina

#31181347 - 8 years ago

I didn't click "watch" my bad!

Thanks Josh! Hmm.. Do you mind if Kim or Scott have a play around with the logo as I think they've a broader range of fonts.

• red_design

red_design

#31181348 - 8 years ago

In reply to wilko383, #4:

In reply to coolcaiti, #5:

Taking Josh's idea using a slightly different font and arrangement:

red_design4d91b3ef7775e.jpg

The logotype was starting to shape so i took it a step further:

red_design4d91b4818ad83.jpg

• Caiti

Caiti FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Velvet Scarlatina

#31181349 - 8 years ago

I can't tell you how much I dig the platypus hey. I'm sooooo loving it!

• devilmaycrye

devilmaycrye

#31181350 - 8 years ago

I agree with Caiti. The platypus is the best one

• Arvin

Arvin

#31181351 - 8 years ago

In reply to red_design, #3:

There were storm troopers in that photo?

Also, and maybe its just me, but does the last aRTst design look like a fish?

• Caiti

#31181352 - 8 years ago

In reply to TheArvinM, #9:

I think it's just you lol it looks normal to me

• Scav3nger

Scav3nger

#31181353 - 8 years ago

In reply to TheArvinM, #9:

Once you see it, it can't be unseen. Now I can't stop seeing it.

Thanks.

• Azz22a

Azz22a

#31181354 - 8 years ago

even though we are in australia keep the platapus outline but keep the colour in theme with rooster teeth with red and blue. just an idea as remember the whole idea of the street team is to promote RvB/RT

• Caiti

#31181355 - 8 years ago

In reply to Azz22a, #12:

Hmmmmmmmm, interesting!

• Scav3nger

Scav3nger

#31181356 - 8 years ago

In reply to Azz22a, #12:

You raise a fair point.

• Azz22a

Azz22a

#31181357 - 8 years ago

or even red then silver then blue so the outline of the platapus would have three colours. Or even have it smiling with teeth missing LOLZ

• Scav3nger

Scav3nger

#31181358 - 8 years ago

In reply to Azz22a, #15:

I'm not sure that would work now that I'm visualising it, especially given that red and blue are the RvB colours, not the RT colours.

• red_design

red_design

#31181359 - 8 years ago

the logotype for aRTst, like i mentioned before, was starting to take its own shape (outside of the australian map shape). I was going for a surfy type of look (rip curl or billabong) where it's a little rough and rugged. It was initially a shark shaped logo but i thought the platypus was more australian. I used the green from the previous aus map logo but would prefer a red or blue color to it. I've also left it as 1 color to show how it can be used for different things. Appreciate the feedback.

And yes there are stormtroopers in the 2nd photo of the red undead street team.

• red_design

red_design

#31181360 - 8 years ago

ARTST logo refinement:

I used red and grey as it seems to represent RT better than red and blue - which would represent RvB. I did try blue at one point but it didn't have as much impact as the red (i'm not being biased).

red_design4d9af002a2453.jpg

• devilmaycrye

devilmaycrye

#31181361 - 8 years ago

I reckon the Red and Gray works better than Red and Blue. And (obviously) the Platypus adds the authentic Australian touch

• Azz22a

Azz22a

#31181362 - 8 years ago

i like the first one.

• Caiti

#31181363 - 8 years ago

In reply to red_design, #18:

I really like this as I feel it's more Australian than you meant it to be i.e it's sort of Aboriginal in a sense too. I love it.

• devilmaycrye

devilmaycrye

#31181364 - 8 years ago

Now that Caiti mentions the "sort of aboriginal sense", could we trial a Red, Gray/Black and Yellow logo?

• Azz22a

Azz22a

#31181365 - 8 years ago

In reply to DevilMayCrye, #22:

Personally people out Side Australia wouldn't know what those colours mean. I would stay away from using those colours IMO.

• devilmaycrye

devilmaycrye

#31181366 - 8 years ago

In reply to Azz22a, #23:

Considering this stuff is mainly for Australians, I think it would be a nice touch, and give a nod to the people whose lands we stole.

• Scav3nger

Scav3nger

#31181367 - 8 years ago

In reply to red_design, #18:

Looks great!