Forums > BioShock

Historian Achievement?

Posts (10)

• hey36

hey36

#10665696 - 11 years ago

I am currently trying to get the Historian Achievement (the one where you have to collect all the audio diaries in the game), and it's a doozy. Do you think that Jack/KnucklesDawson/Geoff should do an achievement guide for this helluva achievement?

BTW, how many audio diaries are there?

• Crunchsaurus

Crunchsaurus

#10671124 - 11 years ago

Eh, I don't think so. They have guides and stuff on other cheat websites that list them all.

• geoff

geoff FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#10727838 - 11 years ago

that would be a ton of work, but maybe we'll give it a shot.

• endosun

endosun

#10798030 - 10 years ago

iv got the guide book for the game and all the diaries are there theres about 100 its one crazy achivement but for a 100g its probebly worth it

• Agusta

Agusta

#10956176 - 10 years ago

there are a total of abour 122 or 123. But i have all achievements so go ahead and ask me if you need any tips.

• Noxxender

Noxxender FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keep it clean.

#11376231 - 10 years ago

It wasn't that hard, I did it with just a text guide. o.o
    And on my fist play. ;D

• kalvaza

kalvaza

#11377729 - 10 years ago

xbox360achievements.org have a full list along with mapped locations for the audio diaries. In one of the in-game menus it has a list of the diaries you already have so all you have to do it match up the ones you don't have and go back to nab them.

Should point out that when you make your way back to the bathysphere, you choose your location with the D-pad, NOT the analogue stick. For a while it had me thinking I couldn't go back...

Personally I went through the whole game again on easy and got all the diaries, tonics, weapon stations and anything else I didn't have in one go. Takes longer but it was an excuse to play through again.

• Oreo_Bot

Oreo_Bot

#11482460 - 10 years ago

Since it's so many, it should probably be a two or three part affair, like the Dead Space thing with the logs or whatever, can't remember what they were. Or you break it down by level, maybe even two per level since they're so big. I would really like to see this one though.

• sg1simmons

sg1simmons

#11485288 - 10 years ago

which game is the 'historian achievement in anyway? just want to know.

• drugamer

drugamer

#11495115 - 10 years ago

That would be Bioshock Sir. But that historian achievement is no walk in the park. If you do plan on getting the said achievement you HAVE TO GET 2 TAPES before you see the very 1st little sister (you can kill her or anything). If you don't get those then you got to start all over again! To let you know you got them here is where they are and whom they are by.

-Hole In The Bathroom Wall - Steve Barker - Kashmir Restaurant bathroom
    -New Year's Eve Alone - Diane McClintock - Kashmir Restaurant dance floor

As well here is a TEXT guide on where they are all at. There are 122 in total to get!
    faqs.ign.com/articles/817/817664p1.html