Forums > Board Games & Tabletop Games

Looking to join/make an RPG campaign.

Posts (16)

• TheBigBen

TheBigBen FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16070046 - 6 years ago

I'm sick of DMing and want to join a group where I can be a player again. I play D&D 3.5 and 4e, GURPS 4e, and Pathfinder. I'd also be willing to try new games, but I don't have those books. Does anyone have a campaign with an open slot, or is there a DM who wants to start a new group?

• MatthewCoe

MatthewCoe

#16080929 - 6 years ago

Well, I'm sick of playing and want to try my hand at being a DM.

Let's do it over Skype and Maptools 1.3.b87. My schedule allows me to do it on Sundays every week at roughly 1:00 PM Mountain Standard Time (GMT-7:00). Once we get 4 or more players, we can begin.

First session will be a test run, to make sure all the players have their hardware and software configured correctly, make sure everybody's got the rules straight, and will feature a mock battle to get you guys used to working on the same team. After that, it's story time, baby.

Anybody interested can skype me at Tallcoe0. BAM. *micdrop* *walks away* *sheepishly comes back, dusts off mic, and puts it on the stand* *walks away again*

• MatthewCoe

MatthewCoe

#16080941 - 6 years ago

Almost forgot: The game is Pathfinder, Neutral to Good aligned characters, start at level 3, COME UP WITH A BACKSTORY!!! I'm not gonna set limits on how long your backstory is, but at least make it long enough to be interesting. DM's thrive on PC Backstory Plothooks, yaknow.

That is all.

• TheBigBen

TheBigBen FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16081454 - 6 years ago

I built my campaigns on the fly around character backstories. It's fun.

I'm In! Only qualm I have is that my Sunday morning schedule and evening schedule are always pretty booked. I'm in Central time, putting me an hour ahead, so it would be best if we could start at noon MST, because that would give me about 4 hours in the gap. We could do it at 1:00, but just know that limits the maximum time I can play.

As an added question: How far are you willing to let us go with character choices? Can I play an Aasimar, or would you prefer us sticking to the more basic races and classes? Also: How are we rolling stats?

Post edited 8/16/13 7:27AM

• MysLorenzo

MysLorenzo FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16081579 - 6 years ago

In reply to MatthewCoe, #2:

I don't mind joining up but I really can't say much for my availability, especially once I get a job. You are also hitting up about 3pm here, just as an fyi.

• MatthewCoe

MatthewCoe

#16082016 - 6 years ago

The schedule is absolutely flexible and open for debate. If you guys agree on a different time or day, then we can absolutely change it.

We'll do Point Buy. Each stat starts at 10, and you can assign 15 points as you see fit. If you need a bit more oomph in a stat, you can sacrifice another stat to increase your point pool. Using this method, you can have a minimum of 7 and maximum of 18 points in a stat.

As far as races are concerned, go hog wild. If you want to play a monster, try not to pick one that has Racial Hit Dice, otherwise encounters will be a nightmare to balance. Keep in mind that this campaign will be equal parts talking and fighting, so if you decide to play a monster, the party may run into problems talking to people who are insensitive to the party's multicultural hiring policies, and may attempt to stab the undesirable with a flaming pitchfork. (The main quest, however, will occur in a town that IS sympathetic, so you won't muck everything up by being creative.)

Once you guys add me on Skype, we can have a quicker and more decisive discussion on scheduling.

• jennepsilon

jennepsilon

#16237103 - 5 years ago

In reply to TheBigBen, #1:

Don't know if you're still looking, but my friend is trying to recruit a few more players for his GURPS campaign over skype. We have a small group, and two of our regular players have been having trouble with their schedules so they'll be sitting out. We're more RP-oriented than fight-oriented, and like to derp around plenty too. PM me if you're interested, it'd be great to have you!

EDIT: I really need to look at the dates on these posts...

Post edited 11/01/13 3:08PM

• AlexGormley

AlexGormley

#16382767 - 5 years ago

In reply to JennEpsilon, #7:

Whats the difference between GURPS and D&D?

• jennepsilon

jennepsilon

#16382874 - 5 years ago

It's a much different system. All the dice are d6 and your d20 will be 3d6. A lot more customizeable than D&D, I like it a lot more because you don't have to choose a specific class.

• AlexGormley

AlexGormley

#16382879 - 5 years ago

Oh, ok i like how this sounds i like it a lot, i may need a little bit of a walkthrough but once i get some traction i'll be off and running, would you let me join you?

• AlexGormley

AlexGormley

#16382882 - 5 years ago

and if they're not doing it anymore I'm willing to run something 3.5

• TheBigBen

#16383624 - 5 years ago

Wow, somehow I missed the GURPS invite. That still available?

• jennepsilon

jennepsilon

#16384134 - 5 years ago

Possibly, I'll have to ask the DM.The campaign we were trying to run fell through but he is starting a new one soon that may need players depending on things.

• Hydriatus

Hydriatus

#16389720 - 5 years ago

Well if people come here to find games, I've got a Savage Worlds RWBY campaign waiting on players...

• AlexGormley

AlexGormley

#16410215 - 5 years ago

Ok I am beginning a Skype Campaign 3.5. homebrew world and gods, with some of the cast as gods as well, join the race to determine which is better magic, or science. meet new people from your RT community

• AlexGormley

AlexGormley

#16417061 - 5 years ago

In reply to JetixGuy, #16:

sure if you want to play i'm used to new players, and experienced, if you're interested msg me