Forums > Books

Harry Potter 7 (Spoiler Warning)

Posts (911)

• DeeMonstar

DeeMonstar

#7761394 - 11 years ago

Go!

Spoilers from this point onwards.

Edit: Took my spoilers out since I'm abit... ahead than most people will be.

Post edited 7/20/07 4:04PM

• kakiller

kakiller

#7761654 - 11 years ago

ae2b483c.jpg

you know what to do

• roneman90

roneman90

#7761744 - 11 years ago

If those copies online are real, which I hope is verified soon, then I have already read it.

• DeeMonstar

DeeMonstar

#7761785 - 11 years ago

In reply to roneman90, #3:

They're real. Heaps of people with books compared them and they're exactly the same (expect for a few spelling and grammar mistakes in the one that is online).

• roneman90

roneman90

#7761892 - 11 years ago

In reply to DeeMonstar, #4:

Good.

I would like to say in your face to all who doubted me.

• ClassicMan

ClassicMan

#7762912 - 11 years ago

Im reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows right now, bet I finish it before you!

• HonestMan67

HonestMan67

#7762955 - 11 years ago

So that's the way the book ends huh? I expected something a little better.

• Kratos1

Kratos1

#7763074 - 11 years ago

I expected something a little better.

QFT

• Cheddarbek

Cheddarbek

#7763098 - 11 years ago

So, just to reiterate, the carpet leak is the real deal?

Weather it was or not, the PDF of it that I just read was pretty good.

• Cheddarbek

Cheddarbek

#7763173 - 11 years ago

How is it Harry, the one who's always been a little daft, second only to Ron, was able to deduce all the things about the elder wand before the final battle? And whence came the logic that Draco was the rightful master of the wand?

• Cheddarbek

Cheddarbek

#7763182 - 11 years ago

SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERS!!!

spoilersi2.jpg

• Cheddarbek

Cheddarbek

#7763187 - 11 years ago

It all just seemed...too easy, I agree.

• Cheddarbek

Cheddarbek

#7763200 - 11 years ago

You know, I still have a hard time believing that the leak actually was real. I mean, as I was reading it, I thought it was okay, for a fake, and I knew the real deal would be alot better. Alas.

• Cheddarbek

Cheddarbek

#7763252 - 11 years ago

So anyone know the true story behind the differences between the carpet leak and the flickr leak? Just US and UK versions?

• datalaughing

datalaughing FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Always Right

#7763481 - 11 years ago

In reply to hobbie, #6:

So is Teddy Tonks dating the daughter of Ron and Hermione, Voiltare or something? Harry's kid mentions how she's his cousin, which makes sense with the Ginny/Ron thing.

The name sounded French-ish to me. So I figured it was Bill and Fleur's kid. That would still make her the cousin of Harry's kids.

Post edited 7/21/07 12:08AM

• Cheddarbek

Cheddarbek

#7763557 - 11 years ago

So why, with Ted being 19 years old was he even AT the Hogwarts express? Let alone making out with Voiltare?

And also, are we right to assume that Harry and Ginny had been raising him? As Harry was his godfather?

• contractor

contractor

#7763606 - 11 years ago

In reply to Cheddarbek, #23:

That makes sense.

I agree about the ending. It was a nice ending, but not something really suited to the overall tone of the book.

• brokendown24

brokendown24

#7763947 - 11 years ago

I feel like a n00b, but here's my guess on the ending;
    Since Ron, Harry, and Hermoine are supposed to be finding the horcruxes and distroying the little parts of Voldemort, they're going to eventually relieze that the last horcruxe is/is inside of Harry (since Harry got parsoltongue, etc. from Voldemort, and even in the first book, someone said that when Voldemort gave Harry the scar, he [Voldemort] will be inside of Harry until Harry dies). Will they kill Harry? Will they put up with Voldemort to save the hero that we've grown to love and respect (erm...)? That I cannot answer.

• Cheddarbek

Cheddarbek

#7763991 - 11 years ago

Close.

After Voldemort kills Snape, Snape leaves Harry a memory, which Harry sees in the Pensieve, thus revealing that Harry is a horcrux, and Dumbledore knew he needed to die.

Harry faces Voldy, who kills him, however, since Voldy used Harry's blood to recreate his body in Book 4, Voldy is essentially a horcrux for Harry, so he yet again survives Voldemort's killing curse.

• 007bond

007bond

#7764041 - 11 years ago

I just finished the book about 20 minutes ago. It is so awesome, more then words can describe.
    When I reached the end, at first I felt a little disappointed, but then I thought, no, this is all JKR wanted, it's all here. And that feeling faded.
    Harry Potter, was, is, and will always be, the greatest thing ever.

• datalaughing

datalaughing FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Always Right

#7764122 - 11 years ago

In reply to Cheddarbek, #23:

Maybe she's 17 or something and still at Hogwarts. So he came to see her off as well. And I was wondering about whether Ted was raised by Harry. The way he says Ted comes over 4 times a week seems to me to say that he probably wasn't raised by Harry but that Harry was a big part of his life. Tonks, Lupin, and Tonks' dad died, but her mom was alive, wasn't she? Ted could have been raised by his grandmother, like Neville.

Here's one thing that's been bugging me since I read the book. How the hell did the sword get back in the hat at the end there? Annoying goblin guy had it. I doubt he went to Hogwarts and put it back.

Post edited 7/21/07 8:12AM

• kakiller

kakiller

#7764979 - 11 years ago

In reply to roneman90, #3:

my GF's sister confirmed that all the spoilers are true, and i doubt the 648 page pdf in that image is a fake that would be to much work to screw with people

• contractor

contractor

#7765059 - 11 years ago

In reply to datalaughing, #28:

In an emergency, I think the Sorting Hat has the power to retrieve the sword from wherever it may be. We're never explicity told in Chamber of Secrets that the sword was located inside the Hat, only that Harry had pulled it out of the Hat.

• sarge03

sarge03

#7765442 - 11 years ago

I thought the book was really good....though I wasn't a huge fan of the Epilogue. I'm glad that Severus turned out to be good, though I thought he would. smiley0.gif

• Master_Leaf

Master_Leaf

#7765708 - 11 years ago

Epilogue=Fail

Prince's Tale=Saddest chapter in the entire Harry Potter series, my eyes were watering

7 Harrys=Epic Win.

Harry is a horcrux= HA! I knew it. I KNEW IT! YES!

Again, epilogue=fail