Forums > Comics & Anime

Manga Fans Unite!

Posts (9)

• Cruelrath

Cruelrath

#13630834 - 9 years ago

For those of you who haven't heard, Nick Simmons, the son of KISS frontman Gene Simmons, created a comic series called "Incarnate" which blatantly plagiarized famous manga such as Bleach, Hellsing, DeathNote, One Piece, Deadman Wonderland, NANA, Vampire Hunter D, and a few others. For more information on this crime here's a link with comparisons.

Comparisons: community.livejournal.com/bleachness/446299.html

In addition, a Facebook group dedicated to bringing attention to this issue has been created and anyone interested in helping the cause, please join and help spread the word however you can. News has already reached Viz Media, Bleach creator Tite Kubo, Radical Comics (the publisher of the plagiarized material) and all further production and distribution of the comic has been halted until a solution is found.

Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/pages/Calling-for-legal-action-against-Nick-Simmons-for-plagiarism-of-other-works/10150099569020063?v=wall&ref=share

• ErokDragun

ErokDragun FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Just here

#13631911 - 9 years ago

you cant "blatantly plagiarize" 8+ sources...when you have similarities w/ that many different sources, it is called sampling, or some other vague word that means influenced.

If it is a crime, then there will be lawsuits by the owners and publishers of the stolen from sources. Did you check to see if maybe, just maybe, Nick Simmons got permission to use the images? I mean he can obviously afford to.

As lame as I think this thread is, I am sure it will garner some attention form anime fans, so you guys have a ball.

• uhhguy

uhhguy

#13631923 - 9 years ago

1259766359767s.jpg?1267130157

• uhhguy

uhhguy

#13631924 - 9 years ago

1259766427899.png?1267130146

Holy shit

• T_Flaems

T_Flaems

#13632021 - 9 years ago

In reply to ErokDragun, #2:

well, for the distribution to be suspended and everything pulled back, there's gotta be some level of truth to it

i don't know about the other manga series involved, but i do know that there are uncanny resemblences to a lot of Bleach characters, and some very damn near identical poses held by the characters

granted, there is no law saying two manga can't have a character each in the same pose, but the artwork is way too similar!

• Bearengar

Bearengar

#13632171 - 9 years ago

I honestly don't think that they signed off on letting him use there work. I can't speak for the other mangas because bleach is the only one i read. But from what ive read and seen about KT is that he doesn't like people screwing with his work.

I tried to find the link but couldn't sorry. Theres an article about movie studios pretty much throwing money at KT to let them make a live action Bleach movie. His response was that, If you could in a movie what he's done with Bleach. "I would never had made Bleach."

There may not be any proof saying he said yes or no at the moment. A comment like that makes you believe that he wouldnt agree to it.

Post edited 2/26/10 7:05AM

• Cruelrath

Cruelrath

#13633302 - 9 years ago

In reply to ErokDragun, #2:

Trust me, he didn't get permission. If the publishers are launching investigations and halting productions then he couldn't have. Plus Tite Kubo himself tweeted about this and sounded genuinely surprised.

• ErokDragun

ErokDragun FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Just here

#13635165 - 9 years ago

I have seen a lot of other sites bringing this up, so it looks like Gene Simmons lawyers are about to earn their paycheck.

• Cruelrath

Cruelrath

#13641278 - 9 years ago

Update: Nick Simmons released a statement through a representative today.
    comicsworthreading.com/2010/03/01/nick-simmons-releases-statement-takes-no-responsibility/