Forums > Comics & Anime

Girl Genius

Posts (107)

• datalaughing

datalaughing FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Always Right

#14951668 - 7 years ago

This is an awesome webcomic. If you have not read it, do so immediately. Start right here. It's a beautifully drawn steampunk adventure. Won the Hugo got best graphic story 3 years in a row. You must read.

GG.jpg

For those of you who are familiar with the comic, I thought I would start up this thread to foster discussion. New pages every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (maybe a little earlier if you know where the sneaky gate is, but spoiler text for pages not officially posted yet, please), and now you can come here to share thoughts on them.

As for where we are now, I've heard a lot of people saying that the repairing the castle story arc has been waaay too long. I don't know that I agree, but it looks like we're finally moving beyond it, and now is the battle for Mechanicsburg. Agatha has Gil, the Castle, the town, and pretty soon an army of Jagermonsters on her side. So is it gonna be tough? All I know is, my gut says maybe.

Post edited 12/04/11 7:59PM

• JayCee

JayCee FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14951679 - 7 years ago

In reply to datalaughing, #1:

I blame you for getting me into this comic, but it really is enjoyable.

• Nixorbo

Nixorbo

#14951726 - 7 years ago

I'll be honest, I have no idea what happened before they reached Mechanicsburg.

Of course, I live in Mechanicsburg, PA, so there is that.

• megafire

megafire

#14954184 - 7 years ago

I cannot wait to see what the J├Ągers are going to pull.

• datalaughing

datalaughing FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Always Right

#14954197 - 7 years ago

The last panel of today's page almost makes me feel sorry for the freaky bad guys under glass walking robot thingies. On the other hand, they were reeeally annoying. So fuck 'em.

And come on, calling Agatha the "Witch of Mechanicsburg" seems to be making it kind of personal, doesn't it?

Post edited 12/05/11 3:58PM

• megafire

megafire

#14954209 - 7 years ago

In reply to datalaughing, #5:

You'd think they'd know better after everything she's already accomplished.

Then again, the reason they weren't stopped by the Doom Bell was their resiliance, not necessarily their intelligence.

• JayCee

JayCee FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14954214 - 7 years ago

The real question is... Agatha/Gil or Agatha/Tarvek

• datalaughing

#14954218 - 7 years ago

Gil, duh. Tarvek got stuck in a sack. Who does that?

• megafire

megafire

#14954220 - 7 years ago

In reply to JayCee, #7:

Dear, the real question is: Who the fuck is Axel Higgs?

• megafire

megafire

#14954221 - 7 years ago

In reply to datalaughing, #8:

I'm with Data here, Tarvek's constant double-teaming just really put me off.

• JayCee

#14954228 - 7 years ago

In reply to datalaughing, #8:

That was a rather risky fashion choice...

In reply to megafire, #9:

That has already been answered... he's unstoppable

• megafire

megafire

#14954230 - 7 years ago

In reply to JayCee, #11:

That's 'what', not 'who'.

• datalaughing

#14954232 - 7 years ago

While I am very curious to know who Mr. Higgs really is, what I'm looking forward to most is the moment that Zeetha and Gil realize they have the same dad.

• JayCee

#14954243 - 7 years ago

In reply to megafire, #12:

In this case I'm not sure there is a difference.

In reply to datalaughing, #13:

oh, won't that be a fun conversation...

• Nixorbo

Nixorbo

#14954347 - 7 years ago

In reply to JayCee, #7:

Gil/Agatha/Tarvek, duh.

• datalaughing

#14957293 - 7 years ago

I love the tank whose primary weapon is a giant mallet.

Also, "Science has failed me." Ha!

• megafire

megafire

#14957330 - 7 years ago

In reply to datalaughing, #16:

So until then, they'll just have to use the monsters.

• JayCee

#14957387 - 7 years ago

In reply to megafire, #17:

Natch

• datalaughing

#14957499 - 7 years ago

Well, we do know from a previous page that Mechanicsburg has plenty of monsters, all of whom serve the Heterodynes. So I guess it makes sense. Also, more huge robotic perversions of science should be as polite as this one. I almost feel bad for it.

• Nixorbo

Nixorbo

#14957554 - 7 years ago

In reply to datalaughing, #16:

... Or be reduced to a pitiful two dimensions!

It actually makes me want to watch Robot Wars.

In reply to osenernanc, #20:

In reply to osenernanc, #21:

In reply to osenernanc, #22:

Cleanup on aisle 7.

• megafire

megafire

#14957626 - 7 years ago

How sad that HTML does not work here, isn't it?

• datalaughing

#14964226 - 7 years ago

Such friendly monsters.

• megafire

megafire

#14964228 - 7 years ago

In reply to datalaughing, #22:

The Heterodynes did raise them well.

• datalaughing

#14964248 - 7 years ago

You know, since leaving the Castle, Agatha really hasn't made much of a showing for herself. Mostly running. If she's gonna be in charge of Mechanicsburg, I think she needs to pick things up a little. The Castle kind of kicked her out before she was quite ready.

Completely unrelated thought that just occurred to me, you think Klaus ever knew that his friend Bill named his (Bill's) son after him (Klaus)? He was gone until after the Other's attacks ended and the kid was long dead, and he never got the chance to speak with the seneschal after his return. He's not an overly sentimental guy, but I think he would have appreciated it.

• datalaughing

#14970166 - 7 years ago

So the new page seems kind of overly dramatic. You'd think we'd never seem jagermonsters before.