Forums > Community Hunters

Trouble Uploading.

Posts (7)

• Rico

Rico FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32041070 - 6 years ago

Hey, I've recently started getting back into making community videos and I was trying to upload a video of mine when I got an error message telling I was submitting an invalid file type. I have tried submitting it in both WMV and MP4 and I have made sure that each time I tried submitting it it was under the upload limit. I have tried converting the video file and re rendering the original Sony Vegas project file and nothing has worked. Any help with this would be much appreciated!

• trevorc

trevorc FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32041071 - 6 years ago

Hm, I've never had issues with it, and I've uploaded several recently (in mp4). Could it be your connection dropped at some point or that your upload speed is somehow messing with it? I'm only speculating that it's not the upload tool due to my lack of issues with it, but maybe I just got lucky. Others seem to have gotten issues as well, but mostly from size or file type.

• Rico

Rico FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32041072 - 6 years ago

In reply to reached, #2:

I have never even gotten the chance to begin the upload process, it just gives me the error when I select the video I want to upload.

• Whiistler

Whiistler

#32041073 - 6 years ago

Now I don't know if this problem could be real, but what if one of the files in your video is corrupt and it's corrupting the whole file when you export it? Does the video play fine when you watch it on your computer after you export it?

• BioHRay

BioHRay FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32041074 - 6 years ago

In reply to Rico, #1:

Could be one of two things: uploader down time (just try again and see if it works now) or a corrupt file (a part/all of that footage is garbage and can't be used)

• Rico

#32041075 - 6 years ago

In reply to Whiistler, #4:

In reply to BioHRay, #5:

You guys were both right, one o the clips I use for the video was corrupted. Thanks for the help!

• BioHRay

BioHRay FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32041076 - 6 years ago

In reply to Rico, #6:

Anytime