Posts (79)

• S1apSh0es

S1apSh0es

#32167991 - 6 years ago

Let us continue where we left off: Xboned

• Kingfisher

Kingfisher

#32167992 - 6 years ago

My main issue with it is the mandatory kinect. Having to pay for something that I won't use bothers me.

I wonder why there is such a big change of the policies of MS all of a sudden with used games and once every 24 hours online. Why did they think it would be a good idea?

• milesprower

milesprower 2005 Ten Years 2015

#32167993 - 6 years ago

The deal breaker for me was the 24-hour authentication. Until that is absolutely gone, the console will never be in my apartment.

• RVB501

RVB501 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32167994 - 6 years ago

My deal breaker is a combination of the Kinect and internet connection. Bad combo, especially with the NSA shit going down.

• milesprower

#32167995 - 6 years ago

In reply to RVB501, #4:

I hope that guy successfully stays in asylum.

Hey, US government, breaking news: we don't like being secretly spied on, you fucks.

• RVB501

RVB501 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32167996 - 6 years ago

In reply to milesprower, #5:

"Oh, secretly spying on you guys is illegal? Don't worry, we'll make it legal soon."

Where's the nation's reset button when you need it?

• S1apSh0es

S1apSh0es

#32167997 - 6 years ago

In reply to Kingfisher, #2:

The main deal breaker: can't share games or use them on separate consoles, and used games come with a fee. It's completely retarded and counter-productive. I can't begin to tell you how many games I bought simply because a friend let me borrow it first, and now that word-of-mouth marketing opportunity is pretty much done. Also, having to pay more for a gimmick that I never wanted in the first place that always has to be turned on is stupid.

On the subject of the NSA, that definitely hurts Xbox a lot. It's bad timing in the worst possible way to have a govt big brother story break at the same time you're implementing your own big brother system. People get confused and think that maybe MS is also sending information to the NSA (which MS as a whole is doing data mining for NSA, that's confirmed, so it's not a leap to say the Xbox will monitor you as well. I hope this NSA story breaks one of the major parties and causes the 2016 election to go tits up because that's the only way we get through to the politicians in favor of this system.

• milesprower

#32167998 - 6 years ago

Hey Microsoft, want to know how badly you fucked up this month?

Your customers are going over to your competitor to buy a console for features it doesn't have.

• RVB501

#32167999 - 6 years ago

Back when it really mattered and the PS2 and Xbox were new, me and my bro were the "not quite cool" kids on the block, because everyone had an Xbox with halo, and we had a PS2. (we somehow were the only kids with Madden 2004 so we were 'cool' for that)

This kinda makes me look back at those days and smile. Poor Xbox fanboys. Sad that Halo 5 will do so poor since nobody will have a console to play it on, but that's the price you pay for developing a game for a single platform, when the platform suffers, so do you.

• S1apSh0es

S1apSh0es

#32168000 - 6 years ago

In reply to RVB501, #9:

Odd that you say that because at the time Sony had exclusive rights to EA Sports games, including Madden.

Post edited 6/13/13 9:26AM

• milesprower

#32168001 - 6 years ago

In reply to RVB501, #9:

I had a feeling that going into this E3, Sony's goal was to return to the market dominance it had with PS1 and 2.}

I didn't have a PS1. I didn't have a PS2 until 2007. No PS3 until 2011.

But without a doubt, Sony has earned my loyalty this week; just about as quickly as Microsoft lost it.

MS, we don't CARE if you want to bring game prices down. We don't CARE that you want to compete with Steam.

Bottom line, this is shit we didn't ask for, and if an employee has to come onto 4chan to anonymously defend your console, you folks are in for a world of hurt.

But I'm gonna be following his advice: "Want a console primarily for gaming? Get a PS4."

I'll be doing just that. Because guess what? You're not going to own my living room you corporate shills.

• S1apSh0es

S1apSh0es

#32168002 - 6 years ago

In reply to milesprower, #11:

I think I might just make my play with a serious desktop PC and hope to hell that Xbox is in such a rut that they have to port Halo 5 to PC to make ends meet. Until then, digital hats are forever:

Stately_Steel_Toe.png

• milesprower

#32168003 - 6 years ago

In reply to S1apSh0es, #12:

That's another thing; Microsoft is trying to do instantly what Steam did slowly over 8 years.

And yes I'd like a desktop gaming rig too. But I'll have to build that slowly.

• Kingfisher

Kingfisher

#32168004 - 6 years ago

this is shit we didn't ask for

Relevant?

All the extra features also bother me, more stuff I won't be using and have to pay for (if I get one).

• milesprower

#32168005 - 6 years ago

In reply to Kingfisher, #14:

I don't use barely any of the features my 360 has. Gaming and netflix, and that's it. And that's when it's on. Hasn't been for at least a week.

• S1apSh0es

S1apSh0es

#32168006 - 6 years ago

In reply to milesprower, #15:

I downloaded the ESPN app for 360, only to find that the local games I wanted to watch were all blacked out due to agreements that had been made between the schools, NCAA, ESPN, and MS. I quickly deleted it and moved on. The Last.fm app was pretty neat though.

• milesprower

#32168007 - 6 years ago

I'm just scared to death as a gamer if the Xbox One succeeds.

If it does, anti-consumerism will become the norm.

We won't be buying games anymore. We'll be buying temporary licenses to play those games.

• RVB501

#32168008 - 6 years ago

In reply to S1apSh0es, #10:

Very interesting, but I seem to remember playing it on a Gamecube once around the same time... I think it was Madden 2002 or 2003. I could be wrong. Perhaps later 343 will start developing for PC? I really hope so, I'd give 343 all my money for a new halo game on the PC.

Got a PS2 in 2003, think it was 07 when I got the PS3, because at the time we had a ton of PS2 games and accessories, I guess we were already pretty loyal to Sony. That, and the hardware was so much better. Remember the HDDVD vs. Bluray wars? Good times. smiley0.gif

Post edited 6/13/13 10:04AM

• Lorcan0c

Lorcan0c

#32168009 - 6 years ago

I swear from the way Microsoft's PR guys are behaving, it's as though they don't understand that their target audience are human beings... I can't believe how dumb they think gamers are. No wonder they're asking for the "Stick with 360!" video to be taken down. So naturally everyone is re-uploading it.

Post edited 6/13/13 9:58AM

• Kingfisher

Kingfisher

#32168010 - 6 years ago

In reply to Lorcan0c, #19:

Link?

• S1apSh0es

S1apSh0es

#32168011 - 6 years ago

In reply to RVB501, #18:

Sony agreed upon an exclusivity contract with EA Sports sometime in the early 2000's, but that contract expired in either 2004 or 2005 because I distinctly remember playing NCAA 2006 on Xbox

• Lorcan0c

Lorcan0c

#32168012 - 6 years ago

In reply to Kingfisher, #20:

Here.

• nob0d

nob0d

#32168013 - 6 years ago

ok... whats wrong with having the kinect mandatory? it will probably come with it... and... despite accidentally not turning it off or pausing it and accidentally turning it on with your voice, there is nothing wrong with it. I like it because i will no longer need to buy a capture card, i can just stream everything im doing through it.

Also... looking at the xbox one through a professional aspect, it really wont matter in tournaments because most of the time they are using the xbox versions through computer.

Post edited 6/13/13 10:18AM

• S1apSh0es

S1apSh0es

#32168014 - 6 years ago

In reply to nob0d, #23:

Did you seriously just make my case for me? Thanks bro.

• Lorcan0c

Lorcan0c

#32168015 - 6 years ago

In reply to nob0d, #23:

Show of hands, how many people want a device in your house that constantly watches you, listens to you and records your activity? Can you really trust micorsoft when they say "We swear we're not monitering you!" in light of all this NSA garbage going on for you guys in the US? Besides, I don't want some asshole to be able to yell "XBOX TURN OFF" in the middle of my game just to troll me. During the Xbox One reveal, people watching the stream via their consoles with Kinect kept constantly having their machine either go to the dashboard or start doing things at random because the presenter on stage was shouting commands, which came through the speakers and then were registered by the Kinect.

Also they're so going to monotise the shit outta that because it can detect how many people are in the room. "Want to watch this streamed movie? Oh it'll cost more if you're watching with your whole family".

Stop using the word "Professional" by the way. I seriously doubt you know what that word even means.

Post edited 6/13/13 10:23AM