Forums > Fantasy Fan~Fiction

Pokemon Platinum: Jewels of Friendship

Posts (7)

• SirSailorStar

SirSailorStar

#33637677 - 1 year ago

Prologue

A silver clock ticked on the black wall of Jubilife TV's new recording studio as a young girl sat reading the lyrics of a song. She frowned at the white piece of paper in her hands. A look of sadness soon began to well up in the girl's violet eyes.

"Soleil, its almost time to start recording," said a man, after he knocked on the studio door. "Have you finished memorizing the lyrics?"

Without responding, the young girl stood on her feet. Silver open toed sandals elegantly danced across the floor with every step Soleil took. The girl resembled a model in both appearance and posture as she made her way toward the door wearing a black ruffle skirt accessorized with a pink belt, a black tank top decorated with silver Turtwig image, and a silver sequined mini jacket with black stripes. Once she reached the door, Soleil took a deep breath.

"Alright," thought Soleil, before placing her right hand on the door knob. "You just have to fake for an hour. Then, you can play with Walnut to your hearts content."

Seeming to respond to her thoughts, the Poké Ball on her belt jiggled. Upon opening the door, Soleil let her light pink lips raise in a faint smile. The man behind the door then scooted past her with a phone to his ear. He seemed to be arguing with someone about a concert hall. That was the last thing Soleil wanted to hear about today.

"My Albino Princess!" yelled the man, after hanging up the phone. "Are you ready to perform in front of thousands? I booked you a new spot at the newly constructed--"

"Solar Stratosphere," moaned Soleil. "The place where the sun shines in the stratosphere of our dreams. Marx, is this all necessary?"

"Of course!" hailed the man. "With this new song and your next performance, you will be the new star of Sinnoh who finally surpasses the Perle of the Music Sea. I hate the pun in that title. Her name is just perfect for ocean based names!"

"Yes, just like Soleil is great for sun based names, right?" asked the young girl, with an eyebrow raised in mockery.

"Stop looking at me like that," said Marx. "Get in that studio, if you want a chance to train with Turtwig later."

"His name is Walnut," said Soleil.

In a somewhat lighter mood than before, the young girl walked into the recording studio to practice her song. She pulled her brown hair into a ponytail and let the next hour of life roll past her. When she finished, Soleil grabbed her lavender colored backpack. Now with a kick in her step, the young girl rushed into the elevator leading to the streets of Jubilife City, the most modernized city in all of Sinnoh.

"Oh, excuse me," said Soleil, who had just bumped into a blonde haired boy. "I didn't see you there."

"She's sure in a hurry," said the boy.

"Pip pipi!" twirped the Piplup following at his feet.

"I wonder what will come of her performance," thought Marx, as he watched from the studio window. "She has tried for the past five years to surpass Perle. I hope my idea of her being an opener to tomorrow's concert becomes a memorable birthday present for her. You can only turn sixteen once."

"Sir," said his assistant, who's voice echoed from beyond the studio door. "The phone is for you. Line 1!"

"Of course, it is," replied the manager.

• Masterweaver

Masterweaver FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Teller of Tales and Bard

#33637825 - 1 year ago

Critique the first: PLEASE double space your paragraphs.

In this forum, unfortunately, formatting is poorly supported and it must be handled manually.

Critique the second: Allow time for the readers to explore.

I could have said "show, don't tell," but that's not always the most helpful. I think the problem here is that you're throwing plot points at us rapidfire, and not giving us time to know them. We're introduce to our main character, and then she is thrust onto the stage, and we have no idea what she thinks of this. People are dropping story details left and right in a dizzying storm, leaving me wondering what is going on--not a feeling you want coming into a gentle scene like this.

Critique the third: Substance.

For all the plot points being thrown at me, I'm not seeing any reason (as a reader) to care. There's no investment in these characters, or the setting--I feel no risk, no engagement. I'm just, you know, nodding along, wondering why this is a story at all.

I know this sounds harsh. It might be, at that. But we all start somewhere. And you do have the technical aspects down pat.

• SirSailorStar

SirSailorStar

#33638028 - 1 year ago

In reply to Masterweaver

Thank you for giving me advice (I'll be sure to take you're critique into account)! However, let me defend this a bit. I didn't want to say too much since this was just the prologue. I wanted to introduce characters before getting to chapter one. Soleil is not necessarily the main character yet. She is in the prologue as she will be important and a story needs to start somewhere (if I introduce her now, you know of existence later on when she appears again). I wanted to set up that she is displeased with her music and wants to spend more time with her Pokemon. By chapter 5, things will be clear and a plot will be set up. I promise!

Edit: Forgot to say I type the chapters in Microsoft Office. I'll be sure to put spacing between the paragraphs next time.

• SirSailorStar

SirSailorStar

#33638123 - 1 year ago

Chapter 1—The Appearance of a Nightmare

“Are we there yet?” asked a young boy, who lazily rested head on his arms. “Look at pour, Rockstar. He’s bored!”

“Relax, we are flying above the Sinnoh region now,” said a woman wearing a dark red sun hat.

“We were supposed to be here last night,” said the boy.

“Qui,” said the Cyndaquil sitting on his lap.

“Well, I’m sorry,” said the woman. “A strange storm popped up out of nowhere and we had to take a detour. Just be grateful the pilots knew Jubilife city wasn’t the only place in Sinnoh they could land a plane.”

“Where are we going to land anyway?” asked the boy, before the plane came to an abrupt stop on the ground.

“Go see for yourself, Lucero,” said the woman. “Thanks to the Psychic type Pokémon up front with pilots, we just landed safely.”

“How the heck do you know that?” asked Lucero.

“I looked out the window,” said the woman, who spoke in a low, yet stern voice. “Do not leave this field without me.”

“Field?” replied the young boy, before placing Cyndaquil on the floor.

Following the burst of excitement filling his chest, Lucero ran to the front of the plane where the door was. His yellow sneakers squeaked across the plane with every step he took. The young boy almost ripped the pocket off of his red hoodie due to his impatient fleeing. Once he got to the door, Lucero pulled a camera out of his blue jeans. He then opened the door to see a beautiful landscape of flourishing flowers. From left to right, the entire field was covered in an array of different flowers. Some were yellow while others were pink though a majority of them were blue.

No longer being able to resist, Lucero ran down the steps the pilots had just lowered. The mechanics of the steps had not even been going long enough to reach the ground. However, this impatient boy was not going to be still any longer. Cyndaquil followed his trainer into the air with a jump of his own. Unfortunately, the Pokémon’s small arms and legs did not allow for long jump. Consequently, the little fire mouse Pokémon face planted into the ground beside his owner’s feet.

“Are you okay, Rockstar?” asked Lucero, as the little creature raised its arms up revealing a star birthmark on its belly.

Cyndaquil wanted his trainer to cuddle him. After rolling his eyes in annoyance, Lucero picked up the tiny Pokémon. He then began walking toward a patch of pink flowers. The sky above added to the beauty of nature sprawling out as far as the eye could see. Shining down on the flower field, the sun seemed brighter than ever. This left Lucero with a bit of confusion.

“What storm are we avoiding again?” asked the boy.

“Do not come here,” said an ominous voice.

“What?” asked Lucero. “Who said that? Show yourself!”

“I do not take orders from humans,” said the ominous voice, before a rush of dark wind pushed Lucero backward onto the ground.

In response, Rockstar readied itself with a battle stance. It knew something was coming. Inside the dark wind swirling over the pink flower patch, a black orb appeared. The black orb grew to be one inch tall and shaped itself into a furry looking Pokémon. Only concerned with protecting its trainer, Rockstar sent out a stream of flames from its mouth.

“I’m afraid that won’t work little ‘mon,” said the ominous voice, during creatures intense outpouring of effort. “Try as you might, that attack won’t get through the wind barrier.”

Despite hearing its efforts were futile, the little fire mouse did not give up. Thankfully, his trainer commanded an attack he knew would work. With a look of agreement on its face, the Cyndaquil turned to face his trainer. Then, it charged forth in a Tackle attack in order to knock the black orb outside of the swirling dark wind.

“You little pests,” said the ominous voice. “That orb cost me more energy than you could fathom! Regardless, it finished forming before you could do anything. Nightmare Eevee, take care of them!”

The black orb shot apart when the ominous voice gave that command. Where it once floated, a black Eevee now existed. Lucero had never seen an Eevee that dark of a color before. It had a gray tip of coloring at the end of its tail that matched the gray mane of fur around its neck. Just to match the foreboding atmosphere the thing created, its eyes had a slight bit of blood red coloring toward the bottom. In a flash, Lucero pulled out his Pokédex to examine the thing.

“Eevee, the evolution Pokémon,” said the Pokédex. “A creature with the ability to change itself into many forms. Girls seek out it out for its cuteness while boys hunt for them due to its future usefulness in battle. This Eevee seems to have a maleficent presence surrounding it.”

“That sounds normal,” said Lucero. “So, what’s going on?”

Before he could think, the evil looking Pokémon jumped at his Cyndaquil using quick attack. The creature summoned an aura of white light around it to charge at a bursting speed at Lucero’s Rockstar. Unable to counter, Lucero commanded his Cyndaquil to use flamethrower. Since he knew he probably couldn’t beat this strange Pokémon, Lucero was going to go for the side effect of flamethrower—the chance of catching your foe on fire.

“Go, Rockstar!” yelled Lucero. “Push all your power out! Flamethrower.

Set ablaze by his trainer’s words, the four red spots on Cyndaquil’s back protruded with red-orange flames. Once it raised its yellow underside off the ground, Rockstar sent out a bursting stream of flames from its mouth. The attack successfully hit the Nightmare Eevee, which caused its body to become engulfed by fire.

“All right!” shouted Lucero. “We hit it!”

_______________________________________________________________________________ 

Chapter Imagery

Hi, SirSailorStar here! I wanted to provide a couple of images to help visualize the story a bit. Unfortunately, I suck at drawing so these images are from the website Bulbapedia and are the product of the Pokémon Company International. Remember, Lucero’s Cyndaquil has a star birthmark. I don’t know how to change the Eevee so just imagine it with black fur, a gray mane, and a gray tip on its tail. Don’t forget the nightmarish red coloring in its eye. Spooky!

250px-155Cyndaquil.png

250px-133Eevee.png

• SirSailorStar

SirSailorStar

#33638944 - 1 year ago

Chapter 2—Fruit Friendship

Small tree branches scratched at Lucero’s arms with every passing moment. The young boy dashed toward the neighboring Floaroma Town with his Cyndaquil unconscious in her arms. The battle he had with Nightmare Eevee did not go as planned.

“Go, Rockstar!” yelled Lucero. “Push all your power out. Flamethrower!

In response to his trainer, Rockstar let out a bursting stream of flames from its mouth. Despite having its body engulfed by flames, the evil looking Eevee did not seem to be effected. Though the lingering flames indicated a burn, no energy seemed to be drained from the strange Pokémon. Before he realized, the Nightmare Eevee shot forth in blinding speed at his Cyndaquil. The impact from the Eevee’s Quick Attack knocked Rockstar into Lucero’s stomach, making both of them fall backward.

“Hang in there,” said Lucero, who had just ran through an opening in the tree line. “I’ll get you to the Pokémon Center A.S.A.P.”

With the relaxing sent of flowers filling the air, Lucero bolted for the Pokémon Center located near the entrance of Floaroma Town. Cyndaquil opened its eyes a little due to the sweet, soothing smell of the flourishing flower gardens decorating the town. Unfortunately, before Lucero could reach the Pokémon Center, Rockstar closed its eyes once again. This time, the little fire mouse Pokémon went limp from fainting.

“Nurse!” screamed Lucero, as he rushed through the Center’s electronic doors. “Help me! My Cyndaquil got knocked out by a terrible Pokémon in the flower fields. You have to save it!”

“Calm down,” said the nurse, before she reached into her pocket. “Give Cyndaquil this Revive. It will restore its energy.”

Once Joy handed the young boy a diamond shaped yellow tablet, he crushed it in his hands. Then, upon rolling Rockstar onto its back, Lucero gently opened the little fire mouse’s mouth. After getting the crushed up power into Cyndaquil’s mouth, he turned the Pokémon back over so it could rest on its stomach. Feeling like he could breathe again, Lucero sat down at the stool next the pink counter.

“Thank goodness you were here,” said Lucero. “If I hadn’t learned from Mom that there was a Pokémon Center in the town we landed by, I would have been in trouble.”

“Why is that?” asked the nurse.

“My Pokémon would have been miserable,” said Lucero, as his voice grew heavy. “I-I wouldn’t be able to bare that. He is my best friend! My Mom gave him to me last week for my eleventh birthday. In one week, we’ve grown closer together than I have with anyone in my entire life.”

“Awesome,” said a black haired girl, standing behind Lucero.

“Huh?” uttered Lucero.

“Ah, I’m sorry,” said the girl. “I ended up ease dropping there. I got worried when you came rushing through the door’s in a fit. I don’t like it when Pokémon suffer so…I wanted to give you these.”

Cupped in the sweet girl’s tanned hands were two Oran berries. She spoke in a soft voice to tell Lucero that these berries would restore the energy of his Pokémon. Since Cyndaquil was still unconscious from the early fight, the girl offered to grind them into a paste. Nurse Joy showed her to the kitchen while Lucero remained with his sleeping Cyndaquil.

Following behind the Pokémon Center’s nurse with the two Oran berries in her hands, the black haired girl began to think about Lucero. She thought about the determination she could see in his yellow colored eyes. It was the same kind of determination she had in her eyes when wanting to help an injured Pokémon. Beginning to let herself get distracted, she thought how his black hair had the same shine as hers. Does he care for his hair the same way I care for mine?

“Surely not,” said the girl.

“Did you say something?” asked the nurse.

“Oh, don’t worry about!” said the girl, who blushed in embarrassment. “I just ended up talking out loud.”

“I see,” said the nurse, before placing her hands on a white door. “This is the kitchen. Please use it as you see fit. I’m going back up front to get Cyndaquil and the boy.”

“Thank you, Miss. This should only take me a few minutes,” said the girl. “If it doesn’t, my name isn’t Maple!”

Upon entering the kitchen, Maple pulled a light red apron out of her white backpack. She put it on over the top of her white, floral patterned sun dress. During the process of berry grinding, Maple let her mind wander off to Lucero again. The girl thought about how Lucero’s eyes stood out from his Caucasian skin as well as the fiery contrast it made against his red hoodie. It was almost like a small, burning flame.

“Excuse me,” said Lucero, who had quietly walked in holding Cyndaquil. “The nurse said to come back here with Rockstar. Are you done with the berry paste yet?”

“Almost,” said Maple. “Just let me add the finishing touch for your fire Pokémon.”

Out of her bag, Maple pulled a bottle of red pepper flakes. She poured a tiny amount into her hands and added it to the blue past from the ground up Oran Berries. With a touch of spiciness in the refreshing paste, Maple knew Cyndaquil would eat every bite. When the Pokémon was placed on the counter near the bowl containing the berry paste, it stuck its long snout like nose to the paste to sniff. Apparently pleased at the smell, Cyndaquil began licking the energy restoring paste out of the bowl.

“Thank goodness,” said Maple. “I was worried it wouldn’t want to eat it.”

“Nah, Cyndaquil eats anything spicy,” said Lucero. “It’s a good thing you had those red pepper flakes on hand. Uh, why did you have those on hand exactly?”

“Oh, that,” said Maple. “Well, I happen to like putting the flakes in the smoothies I make. A kick of spice with a rush of sweet is a heaven sent magic, if I do say so myself.”

“Ha-ha,” laughed Lucero. “You’re cool. Do you want to have a battle when my little buddy heals up?”

“Certainly,” said Maple, before taking a Pokéball out of her backpack. “Plush and I would love to battle.”

After playfully throwing the ball into the air, the girl called out a Wurmple. The Pokémon was red with a cream colored underbelly. It has one medium sized yellow stinger on its forehead and two smaller ones on the tip of its tail. Running down the length of its cute body, the little creature had ten white, cone shaped caterpillar like feet. Curious about the creature Maple called Plush, Lucero took out his Pokédex.

“The worm Pokémon,” said the Pokédex. “This creature uses the stingers on its tail and forehead to defend itself from bird Pokémon. A bug type, this creature is incredibly weak to fire. No maleficent presence is detected in this Wurmple.”

“Maleficent presence?” spoke Maple, while Wurmple began to eat with Cyndaquil. “No way! Did you see one of those strange Pokémon in the flower field? Ever since those black clouds from Jubilife city began to spread over the cave on Route 204, weird Pokémon have started to appear.”

“Really? I guess you can figure out why Rockstar fainted earlier, since you know about those creatures,” said Lucero.

“Did you really fight one of those evil looking Pokémon?” asked Maple.

“Yes, it defeated my Cyndaquil in one hit despite being burned,” said Lucero. “I heard an ominous voice call the one I fought Nightmare Eevee."

Chapter Imagery

Wurmple

250px-265Wurmple.png

• SirSailorStar

SirSailorStar

#33640145 - 1 year ago

Chapter 3—Brawl in the Night

“Plush, use String Shot!” yelled Maple.

In obedience, the little bug Pokémon sent a stream of sticky thread out from its pincher like mouth. This attack has the ability to lower speed. Knowing this, Lucero commanded his Cyndaquil to use Flamethrower. The boy was going to attempt to end the battle before it began.

“Don’t think that will work,” said Maple. “Plush, ball up and dodge!”

In response to her trainer’s words, the Pokémon curled up its body into a ball shape to roll out of the way. Next, it used another String Shot attack as commanded by its trainer. With another layer of sticker string added to the battle field as well as his Pokémon’s body, Lucero began to worry. He knew Maple was holding something back.

“If you keep on dodging and playing tricks, we’ll melt you away,” said Lucero. “Rockstar, use Tackle.”

“Hah! Did you really just use that knowing how slow it’s going to move?” asked Maple.

“Maybe,” said Lucero, who had faint smile on his face.

“What are you planning?” thought Maple.

With a little worry in her heart, Maple told Plush to use Protect. Once activated, this move created a shield of light around its user to protect it from all attacks. When Cyndaquil hit the shield, it was sent back a couple of inches. No doubt, Maple trained Wurmple’s deflective abilities to be somewhat powerful.

To keep the fight from becoming stale, Maple commanded her Wurmple to use its tack attack. Knocking Cyndaquil back a few feet, Wurmple managed to get a slight upper hand in the fight.  Trying to keep the pressure on Lucero, Maple called out for another String Shot.

“Oh, enough already,” pouted Lucero. “I don’t want this fight to last until morning. Rockstar, light up the night! Flamethrower!”

With his back set ablaze with flames, Lucero’s Cyndaquil sent a stream of red hot flames out from its mouth. The inner orange glow in the flames made the entire battle field light up from the pitch black of night. Though the moon was out to provide light alongside the red glowing lampposts at each of the four corners of the battle field, Rockstar’s flame added an immense color to everything in the area. The sides of the Pokémon Center were faintly turned red by the flames, the brown ground underneath the Pokémon was set aglow, and the black pupils in Wurmple’s yellow eyes glowed bright from the oncoming attack.

“Plush, block it with Protect!” shouted Maple.

Unfortunately, this move lost its strength the more it was used. It also lost its accuracy at working, if overused. Though it had only been used twice in the current battle, the disadvantage Plush had against fire types came out with this second usage. The blue, square shaped energy shield was broken into pieces as the flames hit Maple’s Wurmple.

“Alright, that’s enough,” said Maple. “I don’t want Plush to faint. I know when I am at a loss.”

“Yeah!” shouted Lucero. “We won the battle, Rockstar!”

Meanwhile, inside the Pokémon Center, the nurse who had helped Lucero earlier in the day watched a news program. Apparently, a brown haired teenage girl with a Turtwig had been spotted running away from the Solar Stratosphere stadium. Moreover, she was headed for Ravaged Path on Route 204. That small cave was filled with poisonous Zubat. On top of all the craziness happening in that city, the nurse couldn’t believe a reckless teenager would try to leave that city with the threat looming over it.

“Honestly, someone should have paid more attention to this girl,” said the nurse. “She could hurt! Especially with a grass Pokémon like Turtwig as her companion. With the Pokémon Trainer’s school located in Jubilife City, that girl should know Turtwig is weak to poison type Pokémon.”

“There are no photos available to confirm with the ongoing storm,” reported the newscaster, “but we are lead to believe that the girl is Soleil. Why would she be headed for Ravaged Path? Is she trying to reach Floaroma Town? We will keep you updated as we receive more information.”

“Geez,” said the nurse. “Kids are insane these days! I’d like to spank the recklessness out of some of them.”

“Nurse, Nurse!” yelled Lucero, who had come running in holding Rockstar high in the air. “I won a battle against Maple! At night! Rockstar is an amazing Cyndaquil! After a little rest and Maple’s berry paste, it was able to perform at the peak of its abilities for me in the dark! Isn’t that great?”

“Why aren’t you kids asleep?” asked the nurse, at the exact moment Maple walked in. “An eleven year old boy and a twelve year old girl should not be awake so late at night!”

“Sorry,” responded the two kids.

• SirSailorStar

SirSailorStar

#33642584 - 1 year ago

Chapter 4—Adventure in the Dark

“Come on, Walnut,” said Soleil. “Don’t let that Zubat beat you! Use Bullet Seed!”

In response, the little grass Pokémon fired an onslaught of walnut sized seeds in a straight line toward poisonous Zubat. The bat Pokémon was knocked up against a jagged rock due to Turtwig’s attack. Before it could wake back up, Soleil threw the only Pokéball she had at its tiny body. When the pink colored Pokéball hit the Zubat, the Pokémon’s blue body turned bright red. Then, the creature went inside the Pokéball. After three twitches, the center button on the Pokéball flashed yellow right before it turned white.

“Yes, I just caught my first Pokémon!” yelled Soleil. “Now, let’s see if I can get that Zubat to help us. It shouldn’t be mad, since I used a Heal Ball.”

“Twig twig!” responded Walnut, as Soleil picked up the pink Heal Ball.

Upon calling out the Pokémon, Soleil took out her Pokédex from the lavender colored backpack she carried. When she opened it, the screen turned on with an image of the Zubat she just caught. The Pokémon flapped its purple wings in place waiting to see what was going to happen.

“Zubat,” said the Pokédex. “The blind bat Pokémon. It uses echolocation to find its way around as it does not have eyes. Caution should be taken with this creature due to its habit of sucking blood.”

“I was right,” said Soleil. “You can help us get out of here, little buddy.”

“Bat,” said the creature.

“Let’s name you first,” said Soleil. “The Pokédex said you suck blood and you are a bat Pokémon…”

“Zu,” uttered the flying creature.

“Dracula,” said Soleil. “I will name you Dracula.”

“Zu, Zu?” responded Dracula.

“Dracula, do you think you could use your echolocation to get us out of here?” asked Soleil.

As a result of her question, the blind bat Pokémon sent out a loud cry from its mouth. Though Soleil could not see it, the sound waves created by Dracula’s cry laid out a sort of invisible map in the Pokémon’s mind. Once it motioned for her to follow, she picked up Walnut to press onward with her new friend.

Meanwhile, Lucero sat a desk in one of the rooms located in the Floaroma Town’s Pokémon Center. He was writing in a journal about the things that happened during the day. His mother had finally caught up with him to bring him this journal.

“I finally finished,” said Lucero, before setting a pen down. “That was quite the entry. So much happened today, I can hardly believe it! I wonder if Mom is going to call of our vacation tomorrow will all the crazy popping up in Sinnoh all of a sudden.”

Bored out of his mind with this thought, Lucero jumped to his feet and called Rockstar out of its Pokéball. He then ran over to the window. In luck, he had gotten a room on the bottom floor. The fact he could climb out of the window without dropping to far to the ground made for an even luckier time. With Cyndaquil in his arms, the young boy jumped out of the window.

“All right, Rockstar,” said Lucero, “activate the flames for your back. We need to make a memorable night of this vacation and we can’t do that if we can’t see. What do you say?”

“Cynda…quil,” mumbled Rockstar, before doing as its trainer asked.

Back in the dark cave, Soleil walked around following her newly acquired Zubat. The dew dripping from above ran through the sixteen year old’s brown hair. It felt cold once it reached her scalp. She squeezed Walnut tighter as she kept walking. The sound of her silver heeled boots echoed throughout the silent cave. The only noise to break the silence was provided by Dracula’s screeches every now and again.

Pressing onward despite her growing weariness, Soleil could begin to feel a draft blowing against her legs. Once she reached two jagged rocks by the cave exit, a rush of wind blew a yellow ribbon off of her silver dress. She quickly turned around to grab it.

“Not happening,” said the teenager. “I have lost enough today.”

After tying the yellow ribbon back around her waster, the girl commanded her Turtwig to use Razor Leaf on the rocks. Unfortunately, it did not break them. Though the rocks were cracked, they were sturdy enough to withstand an attack. The jagged edges on the medium sized rocks also prevented Soleil from easily climbing over them.

The girl looked puzzled as she stared at Walnut. She was trying her best to come up with a solution while focusing in on the turtle like shell on Walnut’s back. Being a healthy Turtwig meant the shell comprised of earth was quite hard. Knowing this, Soleil commanded Walnut to use Tackle on the rocks. However, she told it to withdraw in its shell once it had a good amount of momentum built up.

With a nod of its head, the little green Pokémon walked to the wall opposite the rocks. It then clenched its yellow jaw, shook the dew of the twig coming out of its head, and charged toward the jagged rocks. When it got midway between the rocks and the wall, Walnut withdrew into its shell. The force built up by its speed caused the creature to slam against the rocks in its hard shell.

“Aw, man,” whined the girl. “I thought that would work.”

Suddenly, a dark cloud appeared above the cave. It took away the light provided by the entrance, which made Soleil feel even more uneasy. Dracula let out a loud screech and caused Soleil heart to skip a beat.

“I forgot you were flying behind me,” said Soleil. “So, do you see anything?”

“Zu! Zu, Zu!” cried the Pokémon.

A few moments of silence passed in the darkness of the cave. Soleil could feel Walnut shaking by her feet and heard Dracula flapping its wings by her ear. Once the moon’s light peeked back into the cave, Nightmare Eevee stood staring at the trio. The appearance of this Pokémon sent shivers up the teenager’s spine.

“Did you think you were going to escape so easily?” asked the ominous voice that had previously spoken to Lucero. “Soleil, you will never escape me.”

“No way,” said the teenager.

“I have yet to thank you, remember?” said the ominous voice. “How could I have ever accomplished anything without you?”

“Don’t say that,” said Soleil, as screams from her earlier performance rushed to her mind. “I don’t want to be thanked for that!”

“Are you still in denial?” asked the voice, at this point sounding somewhat evil. “Nightmare Eevee, would you please help them? Crush those rocks with a Shadow Ball.”

The red tint in Nightmare Eevee’s eye began to glow while it charged up a black ball of energy by its mouth. When the ball gained a hazy lavender aura, Nightmare Eevee sent the attack forward. The two rocks were then crushed under the weight of its attack.

“You see?” said the ominous voice. “I am helping you here. Although, my kindness ends with this gesture. Do not return to Jubilife City thinking you can stop me. I am far more powerful than you realize.”

“Rockstar, use flamethrower!” yelled Lucero, before Nightmare Eevee jumped into the air.

The evil looking Pokémon dodged that attack with the same speed it showed off during its first fight with Lucero. The boy did not know why it had appeared again, but he was not going to let it harm anyone. Beginning the second battle with Nightmare Eevee, Lucero commanded his Cyndaquil to use flamethrower once again.

Pokemon_Zubat.png

250px-387Turtwig.png