Forums > Fantasy Lovers RP

Demons Walk the Earth Q&A/Character Talk

Posts (59)

• Abyss2

Abyss2

#32414135 - 5 years ago

The general plot line for DWtE is that Demons exist. A Demon is a very vague term used by humans which they apply to all non-humans. For ages, humans and Demons got along peacefully, until one night a human was murdered, and then it was determined a Wolf Demon was the culprit. While the actual murderer was never found, a long and bloody war erupted between Demons and Humans. A Coalition of like-minded humans and Demons eventually ended the war, but the damage was done. Relations between humans and Demons have never been the same, and tensions are often high between the two, and wolf demons in particular are hated by humans.

The world is large. It is a mostly barren wasteland, with large, snow-capped mountains in the north which wrap around to the eastern hills, and then become the warm mountains dominated by an extinct volcano in the south. Mt. Dominus is the home of the more evil aligned Chromatic Dragon clans (The hierarchy of which is Red, Green, Blue, Black, White), while in the northern mountains, Mt. Serpentis is the home of the good aligned Metallic Dragon clans(The hierarchy is Gold, Silver, Bronze, Copper, Brass). The city of Halifax dominates the western side of the world, stretching from the northern to the southern mountains.

Character Sheet:

Name: (What are you called?)
    Age: (How old are you. Note: Demons can be much older than humans.)
    Race: (Human or Demon? If demon, what kind?)
    Appearance: (What does your character look like?)
    History: (What have you been doing? Before the War? After it?)
    Family: (Do you have any family?)
    Equipment: (What kind of stuff do you carry around? Any weapons?)
    Specialty/Powers: (What's your specialty, if a human. What powers do you have, if a demon.)
    Other: (Anything not mentioned in the above fields.)

Humans have the advantage of advanced technology, but must be trained in certain specialties. They are also more numerous.

Demons, while fewer, have the advantage of having powers humans don't. They can also shift forms. Each demon has a human form, semi-demonic form, and a full demon form. Elves and Orks are the rare "Demons" who do not have multiple forms, and as such are more accepted by human society.

The most prevalent technology is Hextech. Hextech is a combination of magic and technology and emerged during the Great War. Created by the tech savvy of humans and the magic of demons, Hextech has changed the tempo of society in Halifax. The most prevalent use of Hextech is in human society, and they have evolved a more Steampunky society, where as the Demons' society has not changed much and is more of the normal fantasy society.

I'll create the thread once enough characters are made/approved. I am not opposed to you having multiple characters as long as each one is approved first, and you don't go crazy with it.

Also, here is the sheet for a character you should hope to avoid:

Name: Abyss
    Race: Unknown
    Appearance: Whatever he wants
    History: Unknown
    Family: Unknown
    Equipment: Whatever he wants (God Tier)
    Specialty/Powers: Whatever he wants (God Tier)
    Other: The Banhammer

Yes. If I catch any godmodding or general overpowered/dickishness, and I get enough complaints, you will be visited by him. You won't like it. So please, obey the rules.

Now, any questions?

• Abyss2

Abyss2

#32414136 - 5 years ago

A side note for something I forgot. The Great War ended about a hundred years before the start of the thread.

• meleesoldier

meleesoldier

#32414137 - 5 years ago

Name: Lucien "The Absent" Pinwheel
    Race: Human
    Appearance: li171_civilized.jpg
    History: During the Great War, the Pinwheel family was one of the leading researchers behind the work on creating and using Hextech. After the war had ended, the Pinwheels continued to back the researching community into this new and auspicious technology, but monetary only. Since then, the Pinwheels became part of everyday politics and found it their mission to find and document all aspects of history. Lucien Pinwheel, the second youngest of the family, was always a bit absent-minded from the rest of the family. He took to himself usually as he would spend long hours into the study of Hextech and magicka. When it was becoming apparently clear that his habits were becoming almost unhealthy, his parents gave him the chance to a more hands on approach that could benefit the family as a whole. His parents could fund expeditions that Lucien could go on in a quest to find a re-acquire rare and lost magicka items. The day before he left for his first trip, his father Marshall Pinwheel gave him the family heirloom; an authentic Hextech Gunblade from the Great War to use to protect himself in his travels. In his first expedition, he managed to acquire an old Runebook that still had all of its runes intact. Now he continues his travels in search of new and old powerful technology to acquire and document.
    Family: The Pinwheel Family of Social Scholars and Hextech Curators
    Equipment: Hextech Runebook of Multi-Use Runes, Big Book of Hextech, Book of General Magicka, a Hextech Gunblade, and an Adventurer's Backpack.
    Specialty/Powers: Knowledge of Hex-tech items and rare magicka items.
    Other: In order to determine if an item is magical in nature or if it an authentic Hextech item from the Great War, Lucien will often lick the item for its taste of magical output.

• kingcounty1

kingcounty1

#32414138 - 5 years ago

Name: Rick McAllister
    Appearance: 6'3, long black hair, stormy blue eyes, pale skin, medium build, 5 o'clock shadow, snake tattoo on his left shoulder(Head starts on the upper arm, tail ends on the back of his neck)
    History: He was raised with three older brothers in a poor home. His father was abusive, and his behavior was inherited by his brothers, who beat him up as well. Because of this, he grew up tough, and learned to take a hit while delivering harder ones. When he was 15, his father came home drunk one night, as usual. This night, he was in a particularly violent mood and attempted to beat up Rick. Unfortunately for him, Rick wasn't in the kindest of moods either and ended up killing his father by throwing him off of a balcony. He left his home that night and headed for anywhere but there. He eventually ended up becoming a weapon smith, crafting weapons from swords to guns to crossbows, whatever.
    Family: Just the brothers left. He never knew his mother.
    Equipment: Carries one pistol in the holster at his side and another in his back pocket. Both of the revolvers were made by him.
    Specialty/Powers: As said before, he can take a hit. He also packs a wicked punch and is a damn fast draw when it comes to weapons. Just don't be on the wrong side of him when you're in a bar fight, or a duel.
    Other: He really likes to drink. His favorite bar is The Squealing Pig. It's the only place that doesn't kick him out because of a rough fight.

• Abyss2

Abyss2

#32414139 - 5 years ago

In reply to meleesoldier, #3:

At first I lol'd at the licking thing, then Iol'd at all of the League references. I like him.

In reply to kingcounty1, #4:

Looks good to me. Nothing stands out that i take issue to.

I'm most likely going to be running either 2 or 3 characters. here is the first.

Name: Kagajibari

Race: Blade Demon, Dusk Domain, aka, Duskblade.

Appearance: All blade demons look eerily similar to humans, with the exception of having pointed ears. He also has slicked back jet black hair, and piercing green eyes. He's generally seen wearing a fancy suit, top hat, and monocle. But underneath his suit, he wears a suit of Scale Mail armor.
    History: Kaga is from an odd clan of Demons known as blades. Each blade has a particular domain, i.e. Dusk, Hex, etc. His clan appeared roughly at the end of the human demon war, and would have been mistaken for humans had it not been for their ears, which are pointed. (Like an Elf) It is unclear what the intentions of the Blade Clan is, but they can't be good for humans, or demons.

Family: Blade Clan of Demons

Equipment: Suit of Scale Mail Armor, worn under fancy suit. Has a Rapier, and he has throwing knives hidden in his sleeves.

Specialty/Powers: Duskblades cast different kinds of magic, mainly being either offensive or defensive. The offensive magic can be split into two further sub-groups, Ranged or Touch attacks. Kaga has been versed in all aspects of offensive magic, and knows a variety of both ranged and touch attacks. Is also very handy with swords.

Other: Kaga is a rather passive person, and will rarely resort to violence if there is still a way to talk his way out of things. Even if things DO get violent, he is still hesitant to use his magic inside of the city, as it can be highly destructive. He also has a pipe, which he smokes fairly frequently.

• kingcounty1

kingcounty1

#32414140 - 5 years ago

In reply to kingcounty1, #4:

kingcounty152fc20e60e043.jpg

This is kinda what my guy looks like. Ignore the whip though. XD

• Abyss2

Abyss2

#32414141 - 5 years ago

The Character Index has now been posted. You both my post your characters there. Thread to come as soon as we get one more person.

• Brainal

Brainal FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32414142 - 5 years ago

Name: Aleg'handa

Race: Demon, Blood-Mutilator

Appearance:
    slendy_by_brainal-d768l7u.png
    Full demonic form^- Stands at a rather short height of 5'5". Empty, white eyes, with no pupils to be shown, razor sharp teeth, and gastly white skin. Think beyond albino. He also has open gashes on the sides of his head, yet he doesn't bleed.

Semi- Skin tone dissolves into a pale white, not necessarily Albino in pigment, but just a few shades off. Pupils become white, and canines sharpen to a fine point. His hands and feet devolve into razor sharp claws, the tips of which have slight holes in them. He stands at 5'9" in this form.

Human- Short, cropped, black hair, a black suit and a red tie. He stands at 5'11" in this form, and has a rather fair complexion with some soft features to him. His skin appears silky smooth and feels just as soft. He's skin and bones, only weighing roughly 110 Lbs.

History: During the war, he was a Freelancer of sorts. With very few of his kind around, they became valuable to the demon warfront. Skilled Blood-Mutilators could force blood to stay in one's body, and keep the heart pumping while the received proper aid. While at the same time, they could become horrors of the battlefield, their strength only increasing as soldiers on both sides bled out and died.
    Aleg'handa was... Different. While he knew how to use his powers for warfare, he choose to act more as a medic, keeping beings alive. He didn't really work for the humans or the demons in his case though. He saw pointless bloodshed, which was really a waste to his kind, who view blood as practical currency, so he choose to attempt to save lives. On both sides. When battles occurred, instead of going behind the lines for one side to wait for the wounded, he instead stood in the middle of it all, concealing himself as he silently manipulated dying soldier's wounds, allowing the blood to be retained inside their body.
    Of course, in several situations, he was forced by one side to work for them against his will, but did it dutifully anyway. Occasionally taking a few blood samples along the way. But, after the war ended, he flocked to Halifax, where he holds a small place of residence by himself.

Family: Nope.

Equipment: He carries what looks like a briefcase, inside of which he carried dozens of small vials, which he tends to collect blood with.

Specialty/Powers: Control over blood. Be it forcing it to keep a heart beating, or boiling it inside someone, or pulling out his own blood and solidifying it into a blade. Heavy manipulation that involves what is considered in our world, "chemical properties". However, he has to be able to "reach it", in some method or another. He can't simply boil the blood of a person with no cuts. However, even a minor cut would allow him access to one's blood supply. Thought the flow of which depends on the wound.

Other: Blood-Mutilators are often thought to be immortal given their power. Age wise, they can be, though most choose to stop their blood flow after a horrific incident or another, which was quite the case after the war with PTSD. However, a shot to the heart, brain, or so on, would, effectively end one.
    He dresses sharply for no particular occasion, and often wears a vial of blood of his favorite person around his neck.
    Aleg' also tends to act rationally, and somewhat coldly. He doesn't seem to have a "side", be it good or evil, human or demon. He just works with what he's got. He himself believes in blood as a valuable currency, which makes a very handy bargaining chip against him.

(I wasn't sure what to do with appearance. So I winged it a little. Feel free to call out any BS otherwise. I wrote this at 1 AM, so it might not make too much sense. Apologies for that.)

• Abyss2

Abyss2

#32414143 - 5 years ago

In reply to Brainal, #8:

Looks good to me.

Also, thread is up.

• StarWarsNeko

StarWarsNeko

#32414144 - 5 years ago

This still going?

• Rayblade

Rayblade

#32414145 - 5 years ago

In reply to StarWarsNeko, #10:

I believe so...

• Abyss2

Abyss2

#32414146 - 5 years ago

Yes. I've just been doing other things. I tend to forget RT exists.

• StarWarsNeko

StarWarsNeko

#32414147 - 5 years ago

In reply to Rayblade, #11:
    In reply to Abyss2, #12:

Was considering making a character with a new image I found

I think she would fit here but if it's not very active...

• Brainal

Brainal FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32414148 - 5 years ago

In reply to Abyss2, #12:
    In reply to Rayblade, #11:
    In reply to StarWarsNeko, #13:

I know how to bring him back.
    *leaves a sacrifice of cool ranch doritos*

• Abyss2

Abyss2

#32414149 - 5 years ago

In reply to Brainal, #14:

• Brainal

#32414150 - 5 years ago

In reply to Abyss2, #15:

IT WORKED THAT ONE TIME IN SKYPE.

• Abyss2

Abyss2

#32414151 - 5 years ago

In reply to Brainal, #16:

If I find to post, I will post. But I think I'm gonna make another character, so I can have 2 things going on at once. Will continue when, again, I have time.

• Brainal

#32414152 - 5 years ago

In reply to Abyss2, #17:

Understandable. Then enjoy whatever you're busy doing.
    Which I assume involves... "demon research". *coughs*DARKSOULS2*coughs*

• Abyss2

Abyss2

#32414153 - 5 years ago

In reply to Brainal, #18:

The First Dark Souls.

• Brainal

#32414154 - 5 years ago

In reply to Abyss2, #19:

Damn it I was wrong.

• StarWarsNeko

StarWarsNeko

#32414155 - 5 years ago

In reply to Brainal, #18:
    In reply to Abyss2, #19:

Oh if your playing dark souls then it's completely understandable

Is a great game

I wish it was harder though

• Abyss2

Abyss2

#32414156 - 5 years ago

Here is the new character. If you guys have any issues with it, please let me know ASAP, so I can get the thread moving again.

Name: Sanctus Bellator

Appearance: Sanctus is often seen in his armor. Otherwise, he's fairly tall, standing at 6'6". While he's not extremely muscular, he's built. He has short, cropped black hair, with grey eyes, and a weathered looking face.

History: Near the end of the Great War, many factions previously unknown came into play, such as the Blade Clan of Demons, and the Holy Order of Fire. While never proven, there seemed to be some sort of pact between the Order, and the more Good Aligned Demons, mainly the Gold Dragons of Mt. Serpentis. Because of this, the chromatic Dragons fighting in the war fought them with extreme prejudice, as the animosity between the Chromatic and Metallic Dragons is ancient, and deeply rooted into both sides. Sanctus Bellator, also known as the "Golden Flame". Sanctus had a huge impact on every battle he fought in. He was well known for simply walking through fire, both magical and mundane. After the war ended, he volunteered everywhere helping victims on both sides. Of all the Order's Warriors, he is respected by both the Gold Dragons, and their Rivals, the Red Dragons, for his deeds.

Family: Sanctus considers the Order his family.

Equipment: Sanctus has his armor, which is enchanted with an assortment of powerful magics. While wearing it, he is immune to fire. He also has a greater resistance to magic that effects the mind. He has a larger Kite Shield, which is silver in color with a large golden flame in the center. He bears an enchanted Greatsword named Incendium, which is capable of setting on fire, and spewing it everywhere. He is more than capable of one handing it while using his shield, but often uses a smaller Longsword. named Ignis, which has similar, albeit weaker, enchantments as incendium.

Specialty/Powers: Sanctus is a monster in close-combat, but he is also well-versed in the healing arts.

Other: Despite being involved in some of the heaviest fighting during the great war, Sanctus is a very kind individual, and generally helps those in need. But do not rouse his anger, as his wrath will be both swift and brutal.

• Abyss2

Abyss2

#32414157 - 5 years ago

SO MY BRAIN HAS HATCHED SO MANY FUCKING IDEAS FOR THIS THREAD I AM GOING FUCKING CRAZY. I ALSO BOUGHT A SPONSORSHIP! WHY YOU MAY ASK? BECAUSE I'VE DECIDED TO KEEP A LIST OF NAMED NPCS WHO MAY OR MAY NOT BECOME IMPORTANT. IT ALSO MAKES IT EASIER TO KEEP TRACK OF NPCS AND WHERE THEY ARE/WHAT THEY DO. THIS ALSO MEANS THAT IF YOU HAVE "MADE" AN NPC, I'D LIKE TO KNOW THEIR NAMES, OTHERWISE THEIR "NAME" IS GOING TO BE HOW THEY ARE DESCRIBED.

WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, HERE'S THE FUCKING LIST:

Name: Small Fat Man
    Job: Owner of Weapon Shop

Name: Maorog da Keepa
    Race: Demon
    Subrace: Ork
    Job: Owner and Proprietor of the Drunken Ork Tavern

• Brainal

#32414158 - 5 years ago

In reply to Abyss2, #23:

[quote

Name: Small Fat Man
    Job: Owner of Weapon Shop
    heh

• Abyss2

Abyss2

#32414159 - 5 years ago

In reply to Brainal, #24:

BRAIN. YOU SHOULD POST MORE.