Forums > Fantasy Lovers RP

Demons Walk the Earth

Posts (103)

• Abyss2

Abyss2

#32414967 - 5 years ago

For centuries, humans and demonic creatures had always lived side by side, both creating barriers and laws to set aside all of their differences. Both had their own places to stay and places to go without interferring with each other. For years, peace had remained in the huge city of Halifax, a place of dark secrets and never ending stories. Not much really happened to the citizens until finally, one rainy night, horror struck the once untroubled city. The news had reported a ground breaking story, that a human had been murdered in a fight in one of the local bars. The body was taken in for an autopsy to check for anything that might tell who the killer was or what they even were. Meanwhile, the friends and loved ones began to form their own plots as they eagerly awaited for the results of the autopsy.
    Days passed and finally the results for the autopsy had come in. The killer was in fact a demon, but not just any demon, a wolf demon. Imediately, the humans began their plans of chaos for the countless wolf demons in the area and many lives were lost due to the humans' merciless onslaught. The true killer was never found, but still the war continued on without any questioning.
    Some humans had decided to just stay out of the war for fear of becoming to involved. Even other types of demons fled from the city to mind their own problems. But others, humans and demons alike, helped to end the war in any way possible. Ever since then, suspicions and tempers were always flaring greatly in Halifax.

So who do you plan to serve and help?
    Are you amongst the countless demons or are you one of the humans killing anyone who got in your way?

The choice is yours. Just be careful who you trust and stand your ground.

You exit your home, be it an apartment in the highrises on the human side, or an old style villa in the Demon Sector. A strange figure in black robes stands there, watching you, his face shrouded in darkness beneath the robe's hood.

"Welcome to Halifax. Do enjoy your stay."

Characters are to be approved here.

• Abyss2

Abyss2

#32414968 - 5 years ago

Kagajibari just sighs as the dark figure vanishes. He's been rather active lately. I wonder what's happening. He shook his head, and continued out the door of his home. Kaga lived with several others of his Clan in a home close to the Wall, the massive structure that separates the human and demon sectors of the city. Kaga would frequently walk the wall, just marveling at the massive structure, but not today. Today, he had an appointment to keep, and his contact could not be kept waiting for too long.

He hurried along, and headed for the Drunken Ork Inn, a local tavern not to far from his home.

• kingcounty1

kingcounty1

#32414969 - 5 years ago

In reply to Abyss2, #1:

Rick just flipped off the strange figure and shook his head. "Yeah, whatever. You can go fuck yourself." He said, obviously not giving two shits about this guy, other than the fact the he was annoying the hell out of him and would get a good beating for it if he didn't lay off.

Rick's home was in a poorer section of Halifax, near the wall. It was a small apartment building, with Rick's own apartment being near the corner. It was a rather run down place, but it was better than what a lot of people had in that section of the city.

Rick then began making his way to The Squealing Pig for a few shots of whiskey before heading off to another day of work. People usually considered drinking at this time ridiculous, but a few shots helped McAllister get through a long day.

• Brainal

Brainal FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32414970 - 5 years ago

Aleg'handa exits his small, little, gothic styled home in the Demon Sector. Dressed to impress in a black suit and a red tie strapped tight around his neck, a strap on his usual suit case, allowing it to rest on his shoulder with hands free. He looked at the figure, and gave a big, toothy smile, giving him about and a pleasant, "Thank you." Before it vanished, in which case his smile dissipated into a frown as he stood right up. He sighed as he leaned back, rocking back and forth on his heels whilst in his human form, he went over his plans for the day. Which weren't much.

Without much of a care, he shrugged and headed off, figuring he'd just walk around for a bit. Hell, he might be able to encounter some fresh blood if he's lucky enough.

• kingcounty1

kingcounty1

#32414971 - 5 years ago

In reply to kingcounty1, #3:

Rick entered the bar and gave a small nod to the barman as he took a seat at the bar. The nod was returned as a few shots were put down in front of him. "Mornin' McAllister." The barkeep said as he went back to cleaning some shot glasses from the night before. Rick just grunted as he downed the first shot and placed the glass bottoms up on the counter.

• Abyss2

Abyss2

#32414972 - 5 years ago

Igne discimus. Igne nos. Igne, vigent. Igne pugnamus. Igne servamus. Igne vivamus.

Such is the Creed of the Holy Order of Fire. The Order had existed in secret for generations. Quietly serving the Gold Dragons, and carrying out their plans. The Golds knew a war was brewing, so they were grooming an allied force with which they could use to end it. Unfortunately, with many secret Demon and human factions coming out of the woodwork, their plans didn't succeed, and the War lasted on for many more bloody years.

Sanctus remembers these years vividly, but through the Creed, he is not bothered by them. He lives a simply life. He helps with the injured and sick, and also protects those too weak to protect themselves. He is also occasionally asked to patrol the wall, on both sides. Today he was patrolling the Demon side of the wall. In full armored, and shield on his arm, he walked along the side of the wall, both swords sheathed, but ready to be released at a moment's notice.

Meanwhile, Kagajibari walked cautiously by the Holy Order's strongest Paladin. He knew much better than to try and mess with the Gold Flame. It didn't take him long, but he made it to the Drunken Ork. It was a fairly large Tavern, run by a very large Ork.

"Oi! Kaga, ya git! yer late fer werk!"

"Yeah Yeah."

"Watch da lip, ya stupid git! Git ta werk, we gotz custamerz!"

"On it boss."

Kagajibari was the head chef at the Drunken Ork. He went into the kitchen to take stock. "Alright. It's time to get to work." With that, he rolled up the sleeve one one of his arms, He focused, and his fingers all turned into mini blades. He then went about cutting up all of his ingredients and prepared the simple meals the tavern served.

• kingcounty1

kingcounty1

#32414973 - 5 years ago

In reply to kingcounty1, #5:

A few more shots and Rick was out the door again as he headed to the shop where he made weapons. Mind you, he never sold the weapons. Heaven knows his boss wouldn't want him of all people selling off the weapons. More than a few customers would probably get their teeth knocked in if that were the case.

When Rick opened the front door to the shop, the same familiar tinkling of the bell rang in his ears. A small, fat man ran out from the back room with a big smile on his face, which immediately turned into a frown when he saw who it was. "Oh, it's you. Come on now, get to work. We'll be getting customers any minute now!" He said as he turned back and walked behind the counter.

"It's not like we're going to run out of weapons any time soon." Rick growled as he walked through the swinging doors that led to the workshop in the back.

• Brainal

Brainal FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32414974 - 5 years ago

In reply to Abyss2, #6:

So, there Aleg'handa was, walking around, swinging his suitcase to his step. He didn't have anything better to do, as he mostly acted as a volunteer for a little clinic down the way in the Demon quarter. Normally he just did boring attendant stuff, but occasionally they got a bleeder that needed his attention. But he wasn't due for an hour or so.The best part about being a volunteer was you could be late, and if you got yelled at, you could always just go, 'What are you gonna do, fire me?'

Eventually, in his wanderings, he reached the wall. And that's when he spotted Sanctus patrolling about. A large, sharp toothy grin appeared on his face, double checking he was in his human form, just as a formality. He put on a nice smile, and began to walk up to Sanctus, giving him a wave. Oh what he would do for just a drop of that man's blood. The value of it would driven insanely high, simply because of his power. "Good Morning to you." Aleg' said to the Paladin, giving him a wholesome bow, "Do you mind if I accompany you for a bit? I woke up early today and need to burn some time until I'm due for my task." He kept a safe distance, a few meters at that. Mostly so Sanctus didn't get the wrong vibe. Even though the wrong vibe was totally understandable. He was a demon, after all.

• Abyss2

Abyss2

#32414975 - 5 years ago

In reply to Brainal, #8:

Sanctus eyed him warily, and did a mental check, and then smiled to himself.

"On your way to the clinic, are we, Mr. Aleg'handa? Very well. Just try not to get in the way."

He waited for a reaction from the Demon. Sanctus kept a tab on the Demon clinics, which meant he knew everyone who worked or volunteered at them by name, and he had files on each of them back in the Monastery.

• Brainal

#32414976 - 5 years ago

In reply to Abyss2, #9:

"Yep. We haven't had that large of an influx of patients lately, but who knows? Have you heard of anything going around lately?" Aleg' asked, with honest curiosity. He mostly wanted to know if he actually would do work today, or would be more or less playing the role of assistant. He had little reaction on the outside to his name, but on the inside he felt his blood churn, having forgotten that the Paladin was so well renowned for a reason. Of -course- he knew who Aleg'handra was. He was a special kind of demon, one's who;s kind was dwindling a little by little. Either way, even by his false ideas of how the Paladin knew him, he decided to keep calm as he continued to press on with the conversation He decided to do this by adding some civility into their talk as well.

"So how goes your patrol this morning? Anything suspicious about? Any little rascal Demons causing any trouble?"

• Abyss2

Abyss2

#32414977 - 5 years ago

In reply to Brainal, #10:

Sanctus snorted.

"Nothing really ever goes on anymore. I don't see any action. It gets rather boring, but I'd rather be bored during peacetime than busy during war."

He left out that there was another protest on the human side about the mingling laws. At the end of the war, when Halifax was split in two, humans and Demons were not allowed to intermix. Within the last few years, however, those laws were relaxed, and life got a tad easier. But there were still radicals on both sides who wanted things to remain separate. The Demons tended to act in secret, while the humans were more vocal about it. Fortunately, Sanctus easily broke up the mob without resorting to violence. He just stood there, using his silence, and reputation, to make the mob feel uneasy, until it finally dispersed.

• Brainal

#32414978 - 5 years ago

In reply to Abyss2, #11:

"That's rather pleasant to hear. Well, I don't mean your boredom, but at least we aren't filling the streets with blood anymore.: He looked up at the wall, and mentioned something that happened to be on Sanctus' mind, "You think we'll ever see the day where we can live among each other again? You know, without being at each other's throats?"

• Abyss2

Abyss2

#32414979 - 5 years ago

In reply to Brainal, #12:

Sanctus sighed.

"I wish it were possible. But there are so many radicals and bigots on both sides, that it is not safe. However..."

Sanctus checked their surroundings to make sure no one could hear him.

"I've heard rumors that the Council of 10 is considering building a new section of the city. A section where it would be possible to coexist."

The Council of 10 was the ruling body of Halifax. It is comprised of 5 Demons and 5 Humans.

• Brainal

#32414980 - 5 years ago

In reply to Abyss2, #13:

Aleg'handra had to raise an eyebrow at this.

"Really? That's... That's rather surprising. Do we even have the resources to do this?" He asked, honestly intrigued by the idea. Especially with how tensions between the two groups can rise and fall.

• Abyss2

Abyss2

#32414981 - 5 years ago

In reply to Brainal, #14:

"There have always been enough resources. But unless the Dragons can agree on it, then nothing will get done. The Chromatics and Metallics have never agreed on anything and hate each other. If they all agree, then Hell itself will have frozen over."

He shook himself.

"Anyway, you are to keep this to yourself. Rumors are best left unspread."

• Brainal

#32414982 - 5 years ago

In reply to Abyss2, #15:

Aleg' nodded to this, thinking it over a bit. "Yeah, if that spread like wildfire, I doubt they'd ever pass it due to the radicals. But why do they never agree? I never understood it. I mean, they're all Dragons anyway?"

He held back the urge to talk about what he would also due to sink his hands into the blood of those things. The thought of just being able to hold Dragon blood made him want to rant about what he speculated the properties to be like.

• Abyss2

Abyss2

#32414983 - 5 years ago

In reply to Brainal, #16:

Sanctus chuckled.

"Trying to explain the feud between the Chromatics and Metallics is the same as describing Evil and Good, The Chromatics, led by the Reds would rather enslave the world and rule it then coexist. The Metallics, led by the Golds, would rather lead their own solitary lives away from the world."

He sighed.

"Just be glad you do not deal with them. They are all exasperating."

• Brainal

#32414984 - 5 years ago

In reply to Abyss2, #17:

"You have to deal with them? Sounds like you don't wake up expecting to have a good day." Aleg' had muttered. That's when a thought provoked his mind, mostly through the concept of blood.

"What sets a Dragon apart from a Demon anyway? Demons are basically anything non-human, right? And aren't Dragons well, non-human?"

• Abyss2

Abyss2

#32414985 - 5 years ago

In reply to Brainal, #18:

Sanctus scoffed.

"Nothing sets them apart. They have multiple forms as you do. They are Demons through and through. Just the name Dragon seems to garner more respect for them."

• Brainal

#32414986 - 5 years ago

In reply to Abyss2, #19:

"Am I allowed to call them assholes? Because I will if it means I don't get my head lopped off for traitorous crimes."

Of course, Aleg'handra was being sarcastic. But his point kind of got through.

"But what makes them special? Why don't my kind have the ability to make things happen or stop them?"

For a split second, he was about to say, 'Why don't we overthrow them?' But held his tongue. Voicing your opinion on them is one thing. But talking about rebellion is well, that's a completely different thing. That's something you could get your head lopped off for. Still the idea stuck in his mind, but he realized that meant another war. And his kind had been devastated by the last one, a new one might not even leave him alive. Not to mention people of different Demons or Humans alike. But the idea to be able to walk peaceful among both of them gave him a bit of happiness. He just hoped the council would let it pass, and the Dragons wouldn't piss on the idea.

• kingcounty1

kingcounty1

#32414987 - 5 years ago

In reply to kingcounty1, #7:

Richard was tapping the counter incessantly while he watched the front door, waiting for a new customer. It was the same every day. McAllister came in, they greeted eachother, then he disappeared into the workshop all day. Richard usually only saw a human or two for the whole day, which was unfortunate because he loved company. He couldn't even talk to McAllister, cause he usually got the evil eye and a gun to the face. Not much of a conversationalist that guy.

Suddenly, that door to the shop opened as a rather mid-sized, skinny lad walked in. He looked to be about 17.

"Why hello there sir!" Richard said jovially. "How may I help you?" The lad looked around curiously, eyeing the different weapons, some of which looked very dangerous. "I-i'm looking for a weapon...." He said quietly as he walked over to the counter.

Richard grinned. "Well, we have all types of weapons here! Guns, crossbows, knives, swords, you name it, we probably have it!"

• Abyss2

Abyss2

#32414988 - 5 years ago

In reply to Brainal, #20:

"While the Dragons have their own internal hierarchies, they are the strongest of all Demons. That kind of thing tends to give them more sway, whether or not we want them to."

He chuckled, " Even then, I've met quite a few of the Chromatic Dragons that were downright friendly. Not all of them want to kill or enslave the world. But the vast majority of Reds I have met, are in fact, assholes."

• Brainal

#32414989 - 5 years ago

In reply to Abyss2, #22:

"And the Metallics? They're generally considered the better dragons, right?" Aleg'handra had asked. "I decided to skip Dragon studies as a child." He said jokingly, mostly to cover up for his lack of knowledge.

(Were the Dragons involved in the War at all, or did they stay out of it?)

• Abyss2

Abyss2

#32414990 - 5 years ago

In reply to Brainal, #23:

"Each separate sect of Dragon tend to have their own personalities. But, yes. Metallics are generally more pleasant to be around."

• Brainal

#32414991 - 5 years ago

In reply to Abyss2, #24:

"How many sects are there anyway...?"

From what Aleg'handra knew, there were only the Golds and Reds as Sanctus had mentioned. But undoubtedly, there could be more.