Forums > Far Cry 3

Farcry 3

Posts (49)

• MADDOG900

MADDOG900

#14605492 - 8 years ago

The next title in the Farcry series is looking great so far, This time focusing more on story with an interesting new villain.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lXHmWRziHA

Of all the new games at E3, I think Farcry 3 is one I'm looking forward to the most.

So far it looks like Ubisoft is sticking with the amazing open world environment style they had in Farcry 2. If they can successfully build on what made Farcry 2 such a great game, and work over what held it back, this could be a contender for game for the year.

• ElderKrios

ElderKrios

#14607441 - 8 years ago

I loved Farcry 2, but the shooter controls and story left something to be desired. The story aspect is clearly taken care of, and the cover based shooting and multi kill take downs give me great hope.

• MASTER131313

MASTER131313

#14609367 - 8 years ago

Sorry to disagree with you but I didn't like that game, it's better MW3 or battlefield 3

• MrGrieves

MrGrieves

#14609486 - 8 years ago

I had that idea for FPS cover systems like 3 years ago. Damn UBI Montreal scanning my brainwaves.

• CraigAA1028

CraigAA1028

#14633723 - 8 years ago

Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity? Oh, I did? Well, um, never mind then. Let me just untie your hands.

• MADDOG900

MADDOG900

#14747906 - 8 years ago

I read that the open world is supposed to be ten times bigger than farcry 2.

If this is true, and since everyone compares it to stalker anyway, I hope they follow the formula of sectioning off parts of the game with boundaries like mercs with powerful weaponry. It would help relieve the repetition that crippled the second one.

I think this also means maybe flying vehicles? I never really felt the need to fly in Farcry, but helicopters might work. or just a friendlier fast travel system.

• Ribblies24

Ribblies24 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14768555 - 8 years ago

Helicopters would be cool. Personally though, I'm hoping the map creator is still in, but gets just a little less complicated than it was in FC 2, I could never get things quite the way I wanted to in it... Definitely getting it the instant it's out though, luckily I've plenty of other games to keep me busy until then.

• ElderKrios

ElderKrios

#14768763 - 8 years ago

In reply to Ribblies24, #7:

I used to be cautious of map editors on consoles, they always seemed to be very rigid and not big on variety. However the Halo Reach Forge really turned my opinion around, if FC3 had a editor of that type we could see some very interesting maps.

• MADDOG900

MADDOG900

#14769063 - 8 years ago

In reply to ElderKrios, #8:

Far Cry does it better than that though, Halo doesn't have much depth in forge besides being able to move more stuff on certain levels. In Far Cry you can sculpt the terrain and build the whole map, and I'm sure it will be the same in Far Cry 3.

• MADDOG900

MADDOG900

#14776934 - 8 years ago

I also read that the villain in the demo is just one of many, each with a distinct personality, and each on their own island in the game world.

• HelloIamDrew

HelloIamDrew

#15193915 - 7 years ago

If there is no map editor I will no be getting it.

• MADDOG900

MADDOG900

#15195350 - 7 years ago

In reply to HelloIamDrew, #11:

I've poured hours into the map editor, even more than the actual games lol. I kind of hated Far Cry 2's though. Regardless, it just isn't Far Cry without that.

• HelloIamDrew

HelloIamDrew

#15195832 - 7 years ago

In reply to MADDOG900, #12:

I loved the map editor in FC2 you could do so much. What I did hate was all the people uploading maps who were completely rubbish at making them.

• HelloIamDrew

HelloIamDrew

#15195836 - 7 years ago

In reply to MADDOG900, #1:

I just hope traveling around the map isn't as tedious as it was in FarCry 2.

• MADDOG900

MADDOG900

#15197065 - 7 years ago

In reply to HelloIamDrew, #14:

I was using the editor on the xbox 360 version, so I could barely put anything in the map before the limit was reached. Some of the better user created maps were pretty awesome though, even if they weren't exactly fit for matches.

Most of the awesome stuff I made was in the Far Cry Instincts editor. I would prefer a limit more like the one in that, where you could build huge forts across the map and still have space to put in decorations, like forests. PC players probably wont have much to worry about either way.

• HelloIamDrew

HelloIamDrew

#15197074 - 7 years ago

In reply to MADDOG900, #15:

That was so annoying it ruined lots of my maps. You could only put very few objects in the same 1km square of the map it made me scrap some of my good maps.

• flapjacks

flapjacks

#15197467 - 7 years ago

Well, I have looked into everything I could for Far Cry 3. And what we have is the following:

Map Editor
    Multiplayer
    Extensive Single Player Campaign that is supposed to cut ~40 hours of just the Main Missions
    No more Weapon degradation
    Various In-Game Bonus DLCs depending on where you pre-ordered.

And more details for Multiplayer. If you guys don't know, when you level up weapons, they stay that way, unlike in FC2 where they reset every match.
    NO VEHICLES IN MULTIPLAYER
    And a bit I kinda like: When you win or lose a match, there is an option for the Top Member of the winning team to pick. He can choose to Punish you, or Pardon you. If you choose Pardon, she simply cut him free of his bonds and she get a 'Thank you' for sparing the Top Member of the losing team. If you Punish, it ranges from a brutal beating, to a machete to the skull.

• HelloIamDrew

HelloIamDrew

#15197485 - 7 years ago

In reply to flapjacks, #17:

When you upgrade you weapons in FC2 they didn't reset assuming you played on Ranked.
    It's a shame they'll be no vehicles i multiplayer.

• flapjacks

flapjacks

#15197501 - 7 years ago

Well. I've been looking over everything I can find on it. BTW Far Cry 3 will be making another appearance at E3 this year.

• HelloIamDrew

HelloIamDrew

#15197614 - 7 years ago

Someone should make a group and organize play dates, that'd be awesome.

• flapjacks

flapjacks

#15197626 - 7 years ago

In reply to HelloIamDrew, #20:

Agreed. And since they said that Far Cry 3 MP is very team oriented, I'd like to make sure that if everyone on this thread is going to get it, should have each others backs. (I've got a 360, so here's my GamerTag: Lone Seraph) Looking forward to fighting along side who gets Far Cry 3

• HelloIamDrew

HelloIamDrew

#15197638 - 7 years ago

In reply to flapjacks, #21:
    Cool expect a friend request from: Pink Phoenix 15.
    Anyone else who looks at this thread can add me if you want.

• flapjacks

flapjacks

#15197757 - 7 years ago

In reply to HelloIamDrew, #22:

As you suggested, someone should make a group for this. So I took the liberty to do so. Here it is The Far Cry 3 Community Group. Hope to see some creative people with their maps and clans. And hopefully people here will be able to even settle grudges amicably.

• MADDOG900

MADDOG900

#15198366 - 7 years ago

In reply to HelloIamDrew, #16:

I always ended up spending several hours building stuff only to realize there was no room for plants or anything, that was the only thing I hated about that editor.

In reply to flapjacks, #17:

I have mixed feelings about the weapon degradation. It's nice that you wont have to replace your favorite weapons frequently, but it added to the whole survival aspect of the game when you were in the middle of nowhere and had to really only on your machete and stealth. It was cool stabbing someone and then using their rusted weapon to kill their friends. Speaking of which, I hope stealth is better.

and no vehicles? how am I supposed to make an awesome map without hang gliders?

• HelloIamDrew

HelloIamDrew

#15198371 - 7 years ago

In reply to MADDOG900, #24:

The guns in FC2 were made out Swiss cheese practically.