Forums > Film Making & Machinima

Youtube progress/Collaborations

Posts (37)

• TGamingPlaza

TGamingPlaza

#15305314 - 7 years ago

The RT forums have really helped me increase the popularity of my channel, and the channel is really progressing. I have 68 videos at the time of this post, but unfortunately i have even less subscribers than that! Any tips on how to rope in some subscribers? Or maybe something i need to change in my videos to grap those extra subs? I am one sub off hitting 50 subscribers which is a big deal for me.

I am also interested in collaborating with other Youtube channels, we could be in each others videos and essentially we would be giving each other subscribers too! If you're interested just check out my channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UCjB2VW6sFx3RrWF02VbS...

• xReklaw

xReklaw

#15306790 - 7 years ago

The secret is networking, and hanging out in a community like this is a way to go about it. I've been dinking around on youtube for about a year and I'm closing in on 500 subscribers, but honestly, I could have had more if I'd known how powerful of a tool collaboration can be. Don't just join one community, join about four or five. Take ideas from people that have a ton of views and subscribers and see if there's something you're missing.

I'm starting to get serious about my work, and I'm about to blow a large chunk of cash on a condenser microphone just to crank out that extra bit of quality. The only bad thing about having a film making hobby is the amount of cash you can spend on it (I'm unemployed so I sort of have to pick my battles).

Quality is the big word, actually. People won't want to watch your videos if they look and sound bad. Go find one of the big pros on youtube and compare your videos to theirs. Crystal-clear microphone? No background noise? High res?

The last thing I can say is that you have to be passionate about what you're into. I learned that one from Burnie at RTX.

For a community specific to Let's Plays and other things, I would check out www.voltronarmy.com, and for my youtube channels, www.youtube.com/user/xReklaw and www.youtube.com/user/Fireweaver . I'm not trying to divert attention away from Rooster Teeth, because you're in a good place full of gamers that care about this stuff, but expanding your horizons can't be a bad thing in this industry.

• SyrJirk

SyrJirk

#15312728 - 7 years ago

I'm having a problem with subs too. I see people with only one video or no videos that have more subscribers than me for some reason and I don't know why! So far the two videos I've made, everyone who's watched has liked more or less but I have 63 views on each and only a few likes and only gained one sub from them. I don't get it!

I make funny game videos and am working on more. I'm planning to put out more content and tips video for TF2 but I don't have the motivation without any fans to keep me inspired.

For reference: www.youtube.com/user/SyrJirk?feature=mhee

• AverageAfro

AverageAfro FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Mr

#15312956 - 7 years ago

I literally just started. Quality is something that I'm working on as much as possible, especially the level balance between game and microphone sound. I'm not in it too much for subs, more because I find it fun.

I do suggest putting yourself out everywhere, facebook is good, if your friends like it then they might send it on to other people who also enjoy this type of stuff.

Here's my channel. www.youtube.com/user/SamuelDMM?feature=mhee

• TGamingPlaza

TGamingPlaza

#15314101 - 7 years ago

In reply to SyrJirk, #3:

You can't expect to just make a couple of videos and expect everyone to subscribe, you need to show consistency. I have 75 videos which are made up of different series'. Keep at it and im sure people will sub!

• TGamingPlaza

TGamingPlaza

#15314104 - 7 years ago

In reply to SBustathedog, #4:

I've subbed because i like what i've seen so far, keep it up!

• AverageAfro

AverageAfro FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Mr

#15314111 - 7 years ago

In reply to TGamingPlaza, #6:

THanks man, I will.

• TuurtleDove

TuurtleDove

#15315988 - 7 years ago

Collaborating with people and even joining/creating YouTube Groups should help gain views and subscribers.
    A few people have already contacted me and basically what this means I'll have links to their YouTube Pages at the end of each of my videos, and They have Links to my videos. That way anyone viewing my Content has a greater chance of viewing theirs, ultimately meaning an increase in viewers and subscribers for everyone :).
    What this does help is avoid having your content get lost in the massive amounts of videos that are released on a daily basis, and is overall a great tactic for making it easier for people to find you.
    I actually recently gained about 20 Subscribers in a night, which was a huge surprise to me at the time
    (I'm now currently have around 40 Subscribers, I think).

• AverageAfro

#15316005 - 7 years ago

That's a great idea. I'll join in doing that if you like.

• SyrJirk

SyrJirk

#15316993 - 7 years ago

In reply to TGamingPlaza, #5:

In reply to SyrJirk, #3:

You can't expect to just make a couple of videos and expect everyone to subscribe, you need to show consistency. I have 75 videos which are made up of different series'. Keep at it and im sure people will sub!

I know, its just annoying when you get 10 requests to sub4sub and most of them don't have any content what-so-ever. :l

• TuurtleDove

TuurtleDove

#15317380 - 7 years ago

In reply to SBustathedog, #9:
    Well Here's My Channel If you want to give it a look first before making any decisions,
    www.youtube.com/user/TuurtleDovePanda?feature...

My Newest Video (Which Is just a short Quality Test Video) shows of how I will be linking viewers to other YouTubers who I'm collaborating with, I also Links to their pages on my main YouTube Page :).
    Basically it's merely to increase the ability for someone to find your videos and hopefully gain subscribers :)

• Althenias

Althenias

#15317686 - 7 years ago

not that im a good example but definitely getting out there and talking to people, and make sure to put videos out seems to help.

I'm currently making Lets Play videos and just released episode 6 of my bulletstorm videos on monday but im planning on doing some achievement/collectible guides soon, does anyone have any suggestions on games to do?

My Youtube channel for those interested in checking it out.

• AverageAfro

#15317884 - 7 years ago

In reply to Althenias, #12:

My suggestion is either to do a relatively new game, or look on the achievement hunter site and see which games don't have many achievement guides. Doing new games will get views, doing previous games will just be helpful for people going back to play them.

Tuurtle, those videos are really good. Message me or something about what to do. It might take me a little while to figure out how to edit in other videos at the end, but I can link for now.

• xReklaw

xReklaw

#15318138 - 7 years ago

In reply to TuurtleDove, #11:

I have a feeling you're going to be growing rather quickly. I need to figure out how to do intro-outro cuts like that, because it's extremely professional looking.

• AverageAfro

#15318307 - 7 years ago

In reply to xReklaw, #14:

Those intro cuts a pretty awesome

• Althenias

Althenias

#15318455 - 7 years ago

In reply to TuurtleDove, #11:

thats really cool, I need to play around and figure out how to make intros like that and how to link my videos on my videos

• Althenias

Althenias

#15318458 - 7 years ago

In reply to SBustathedog, #13:

ya I've heard not to do letsplays on a game less then 3 months old but for achievement guides they can be done whenever.

• TuurtleDove

TuurtleDove

#15318834 - 7 years ago

All Intro Cuts were created through Photoshop and Sony Vegas (The Program I use to Render Videos), Though I am currently looking for a more advanced editing program since Vegas can be a little difficult when it comes to precision.
    And all Video/Channel Links can be done through Pressing the 'Edit' button next to your Video in the 'Video Management' bar, There are plenty of video Tutorials to be found on it and is really quite simple to learn how to use :).

So I had a quick look at a few of your Channels, and besides the fact they're all really entertaining and enjoyable I may have a quick tip for a few of you. And I realise as a new YouTuber this Tip may not hold up very well, but here goes anyway:

Literally Tag the $h@t out of all your Videos!
    Try to max out on the amount of Tags you have (I believe the maximum word count is 65),
    Make sure these Tags relate to your video and are actually things People will search up on Youtube.
    The reason behind is that as a new Youtuber this is really the only way someone will be able to find you,
    so you really want to make it as easy as possible for your videos to be discoverable

• xReklaw

xReklaw

#15318951 - 7 years ago

In reply to TuurtleDove, #18:

I neglect the heck out of this, good tip.

• Althenias

Althenias

#15320062 - 7 years ago

I was using ArkSoft Showbiz which is what I use to capture but i recently started using Windows live movie maker and really enjoy it. I just need to come up with an intro for my videos.

Ya i figured out the tag thing, I try to tag anything relevant to my videos and ever double tag such like if the relevence is two words together i'll tag them both with quotes "word1 word2" as well as individually word1 word2 to maximize tags

• AverageAfro

#15320772 - 7 years ago

Final cut pro is the industry standard, it's what I use. but I'm not sure if that's available on windows. When I get some proper free time, I'll have a look into doing a similar style intro to yours, or outro.

• TuurtleDove

TuurtleDove

#15320817 - 7 years ago

In reply to SBustathedog, #21:

I don't believe is available on Windows unfortunately. So that may I'll just have to stick with Sony Vegas for now.
    And though that program may occasionally be a bit of a mess (Audio volume went down during Rendering in my latest video). I have experimented with it the most and it does for some great Video Quality Rendering.

• timmygregson

timmygregson

#15332584 - 7 years ago

i have also just started a channel, at the moment theres only one video but im planning on putting more up soon, any tips or advice anyone has for someone completely new and just starting out would be much appreciated =)
    my channel is: https://www.youtube.com/user/someaveragegaming
    but like i said theres only 1 video at the moment so dont expect too much yet,

• hellhoundf5

hellhoundf5 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15403463 - 7 years ago

I would love to collaborate...Heres my showhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS-p6WOGrhE&feature=plcp

• hellhoundf5

hellhoundf5 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15403465 - 7 years ago

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS-p6WOGrhE&featu...