Forums > Film Making & Machinima

Achievement Hunter Minecraft Animations!

Posts (25)

• daltton

daltton daltton

#16557378 - 5 years ago

I've been teaching myself how to do basic animating and stuff, and have been making Achievement Hunter Minecraft Animations for a couple months now. I've already learned a ton and have improved :) I would love for you guys to see them and tell me what you think! This is my youtube channel: www.youtube.com/user/daltton09 and this is my latest animation - Michael Hates Luca - www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I4d9ktJ07s
    If you watch them please leave feedback and tell me what you think! :)

• AfRoSaUcE

AfRoSaUcE Mage of Hope

#16559276 - 5 years ago

This is hilarious, subscribing to you once I get to my home computer.

• daltton

daltton daltton

#16559432 - 5 years ago

In reply to AfRoSaUcE, #2:

im glad you like it! thanks for the support :)

• Emmrys

Emmrys

#16559751 - 5 years ago

I love these animations!

• daltton

daltton daltton

#16560255 - 5 years ago

In reply to Emmrys, #4:

thank you ^^

• Tabaschritar

Tabaschritar

#16560835 - 5 years ago

As someone who isn't satisfied by only one RTAA a week, this is definitely a worthy contender to fill that gap, and that's high praise indeed. The only complaint I have would be at the end of the videos, it seems a little "pat myself on the back-y" to have your youtube comments all up on your dick..

• daltton

daltton daltton

#16561178 - 5 years ago

In reply to Tabaschritar, #6:

yup haha i put that vid on reddit and trust me the people were not shy about how they felt about that! haha i was wondering all day if i should do the comment thing or if it would be too douche bagy, but i also wanted a reason to use the sweet music at the end so i just did it. but yeah no more comments at the end lol i hear ya. But thank you for the feed back man

• YouRebelScum

YouRebelScum

#16561409 - 5 years ago

In reply to daltton, #1:

www.youtube.com/user/daltton09 and this is my latest animation - Michael Hates Luca - www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I4d9ktJ07s
    If you watch them please leave feedback and tell me what you think! :)

I like the body language you give the character, especially when they're lounging around--you do a mean lounge pose. Gavin's reaction pose when he spots the creeper is probably my favorite part so far. I'm going to study this.

Its your art and art style, but I personally think that everyone looked a little too wide-eyed in some of the early shorts, giving it an almost South Park kind of look. If thats what you're going for, huzzah, but it still kind of weirded me out.

At any rate, subscribed! Thanks for posting.

• daltton

daltton daltton

#16561616 - 5 years ago

In reply to YouRebelScum, #8:

thank you very much! So far, im not too good at making very realistic body movement so i figure it would be a better bet to instead of crappy realism, make it overly simple but exaggerated movements. as for the eyes, i wouldnt really say i was going for any paticular look, but i think the eyes looking how they do now is the best fit :)

• daltton

daltton daltton

#16573641 - 5 years ago

posted my latest animation this morning, give it a look at and tell me what you think!? teaching myself how to do this stuff and im getting a lot better, anymore advise you guys can give?? www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucpKMChBE_c thanks!

• AfRoSaUcE

AfRoSaUcE Mage of Hope

#16574926 - 5 years ago

In reply to daltton, #10:

Keep creating and do not stop. I made that mistake when I had a golden opportunity. I was slightly famous in the Machinima field on youtube for about a year but our production team stopped making content and we really had something good.

• daltton

daltton daltton

#16575007 - 5 years ago

In reply to AfRoSaUcE, #11:

dont worry i wont be stopping :)

• kylebrodeur

kylebrodeur

#16579318 - 5 years ago

Good animation dude. What's your process?

• daltton

daltton daltton

#16580371 - 5 years ago

In reply to kylebrodeur, #13:

i e\watch all the videos, takes notes on what i like, get the sound, edit the sound,then animate to the sound and upload, glad you like it :)

• kylebrodeur

kylebrodeur

#16580386 - 5 years ago

In reply to daltton, #14:

What programs do you use? How do you set up your characters?

• daltton

daltton daltton

#16580919 - 5 years ago

In reply to kylebrodeur, #15:

I use cinema 4d, Sony Vegas, and hypercam. B idk what you mean about setting up the characters.

• kylebrodeur

kylebrodeur

#16580956 - 5 years ago

I guess I meant rigging. I use Cinema 4D too. But I don't do character animation. I'd like to try some day.

• daltton

daltton daltton

#16581745 - 5 years ago

In reply to kylebrodeur, #17:

oh rigging, just like the normal goals and poles, ik legs. and pose morph for the face

• ZoeEngleby

ZoeEngleby

#16605998 - 5 years ago

I've seen them all even before I saw this post, I loved them and rewatched them tons of times. They're amazingly animated, and you did a great job on them!

• daltton

daltton daltton

#16607680 - 5 years ago

In reply to ZoeEngleby, #19:

well thank you, this is a great comment to get me out of the after school slumps! thanks again :)

• AfRoSaUcE

AfRoSaUcE Mage of Hope

#16607844 - 5 years ago

How do you create the Minecraft environment? Or do you record it separately?

• daltton

daltton daltton

#16608724 - 5 years ago

In reply to AfRoSaUcE, #21:

im not 100% sure what you mean, but ill answer anyways lol. i animate everything in cenima 4d, like the trees, grass, hills, podcast set, and the lighting. then i ad the sound clips from whichever video im using. the i might ad minecraft sound effects like falling damage or walking on grass etc. So i think im answering your question, i dont use after effects of anything, its all done first try, or i re-do it.

• AfRoSaUcE

AfRoSaUcE Mage of Hope

#16608739 - 5 years ago

I guess what I was asking was did you create the landscape in Cinema 4D, but you pretty much answered the question lol

• daltton

daltton daltton

#16609878 - 5 years ago

In reply to AfRoSaUcE, #23:

Lol yup it's all modeled and textured in C4d

• AfRoSaUcE

AfRoSaUcE Mage of Hope

#16610408 - 5 years ago

In reply to daltton, #24:

Pretty amazing dude, keep it up.