Forums > Film Making & Machinima

Need Voice Actors

Posts (6)

• RampantPygmy

RampantPygmy FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33270798 - 2 years ago

Alright so I make a machinima named War: 2600 (you can see the first story arc titled "Island Annals" here). I need voice actors. Several.

Kerry: (Australian accent is preferred) Has 8 lines. Line read to audition is

"Hahaha, I wouldn’t mess with him if I were you Yuorgei. Let’s get back to base, Colin’s going to want you to report to him directly after that performance."

Henchman 1: Has 2 lines. Line to audition is

"Okay, take it easy we'll surrender." (said soothingly)

Henchman 2: Has 1 line. Line is

"The what?" (said in a loud whisper)

SAP Radio Voice: Has 6 lines. Line to audition is

“The pelican’s ETA is 30 seconds. Abandon the mission, That is an order!”

Soldier 1 and Soldier 2: They each have 1 line so I figure a single voice actor can cover them both. Their lines are

Soldier 1: “Hey! Lieutenant Dall. How are you doi”
    (Soldier 1 is cut off by Crimson shooting him in the face. Body collapses and soldiers 2 and 3 look down at the body before looking back up at Crimson)
    Soldier 2: “What the fu!”
    (Soldier 2 is cut off by Crimson shooting him in the face. Crimson follows up by shooting Soldier 3 in the face too.)

Moe: (Fonzie style character with Fonzie's voice too) Has 8 lines. Line to audition is

“Larry this ain’t funny.”

Larry: (Inner city/street) Has 4 lines (five if you consider violent chocking noises a line) Line to audition is
    “Man, I don’t want to ask him, he’s creepy.”

Tallen Sands: (Extremely efficient Bounty Hunter, is the bad guy for the season so expect 30+ lines however I am not done writing him yet) Line to audition is

“That’s a tall order, and it’s gonna cost you extra.”

There will be a few more characters added, but those are all I have written lines for as of yet. Ideally all voice actors will have some recording experience and a mic around the quality of the Blue Snowball. Please send your submissions to destitutionmedia@gmail.com

• RampantPygmy

RampantPygmy FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33279520 - 2 years ago

Alright I have actors for every part except these:

Tallen Sands

Moe

Larry

• SentientLMG

SentientLMG

#33285843 - 2 years ago

Did you get enough voice actors for those last three parts? I'm interested but don't live in your state.

• RampantPygmy

#33286061 - 2 years ago

In reply to SentientLMG

I still need one for Moe (no one has been able to do a good Fonzie voice), I also have a couple new male parts that have come up. Announcer (just try to sound like the Halo announcer and that's good enough), Benjamin Herod, (very precise, ambitious, and maybe slightly British, but I'm not set on that). Recruiter, (rough and tumble mercenary recruiter). And lastly, I have a few scattered extras.

As far as recording goes, just have a decent quality mic and some recording software (a Voice Actor I have in the UK uses a Blue Snowball mic and sends the takes via Garageband files). Sometimes it takes a few different emails, but I haven't had any real issue with that method thus far.

• SentientLMG

SentientLMG

#33286185 - 2 years ago

I am planning on getting a mic tonight. I have done stage acting for about 5 years now and do voices very well that has been one of my strong points in acting. I'm willing to do whatever is needed if you would be interested. Could I send you some voice files in the next few days for a few parts?

• RampantPygmy

#33286297 - 2 years ago

In reply to SentientLMG

Absolutely! just email it to destitutionmedia@gmail.com