Forums > Forum Games

Magic the Gathering Version of HALO

Posts (977)

• The_Krayze

The_Krayze

#4453172 - 13 years ago

I have seen may Magc card created on RvB. I have seen all type. Some of people, of Avatars, or Guns, of RvB Caharacters, and Especially Halo character. I have been thinging about this kind of game a lot and I would like complie a list of everyones thought of what would be a cool version of Magic the Gathering using details all from the Halo universe. I am makeing this thread for two reasons. On for the input for all the fans, so that we can get our ideas out for what we all would want the game to be, and two, so that I could get some help form everyone one the aspect of the entire Halo universe.

As for my Idea. Just like magic there could be different groups. In magic, there are (red, blue, black, green, red)
    red was usually fire releated, Goblins, trolls, mana was mountains and stuff of that nature
    blue was usually water relalted, mermen, fish mana was islands, and stuff of that nature
    green was usutally forest related. (I have a few squirrel card myself) but we are looking at elfves and treefolk, creatures of the forests, mana was trees, and things of than nature
    black was usually the death related. The undead were the prime of this. Mana was swamps and things of that nature
    White was usually hold and heavenly items. Angel, birds, stuff like that with mana as the plains.

Now for HALO, I am thinking maybe 4 colors. White, Red Black and Blue.
    White could = Spartans and Master Chieft (white would only be the card and the apporpriate mana, not the color of the character.
    Black could be for the Covenent. The grunts, the elites,
    Red could be for the flood
    blue could be the humans.
    -If we all would want five colors, we could have green as the brut race.
    [these colors do not have to be set in stone. I am just getting some ideas out.]

I have seen some master chief cards, and artifact card of the sword. We could have cards from all aspects of weapons, healthpacks, active camo, over shields, everything that we could thing of. Just like magic, the colors could be joined together. (you could use in my example white=spartans and black=covenet on the same team.)
    Its all just ideas. I have not even though so granular as to what hit points a marine would have, master chief would have, a spartan, elite, grunt, hell jumper, etc... I have just though so far as to say what groups and color and like I said, just ideas.

I hope this sparks some interests and I get some people to give me and everyone their ieas. I hope this topic takes off. Lastly, if this has been done before, I apologize and would apprecite a link to the current thred. Thank you for your time.

• falchion17

falchion17

#4458934 - 13 years ago

sounds like a good idea! i dont really know much about magic but i have seen all of the cards on random profiles!

• RyoChan

RyoChan

#4459060 - 13 years ago

you wrote red twice and it's white
    I think it's a good idea but I don't have the progam so if you have it please send me the link so I can download it PLEASE!!!

• luci_16

luci_16

#4459081 - 13 years ago

i like the idea

• RedPhobos

RedPhobos

#4460765 - 13 years ago

I was thinking that maybe Gray would be a color to indicate rank between certain elites.

• ash5549

ash5549

#4460849 - 13 years ago

Actually, it would make more sense for the flood to be black, seeing as they are a version of plague.
    The Covenant would be better suited to green. They are a very organic race, and green is best known for it's large beasts.
    The humans should be red, plentiful and cheap to cast, but very destructive when given the proper weaponry.
    White could be the ships, like the Pillar of Autumn, and officers of the military.
    Blue can be a toss up. It's a color assosiated with countering and negating the opponent's cards. This could possibly represent the artifacts of the forerunners.
    Finnaly, you missed one very important dynamic. The "sixth" color, artifact. The spartans and Master Chief would fit here perfectly.

• ash5549

ash5549

#4460861 - 13 years ago

Honestly, I think that this is a great idea.
    I know a lot about Magic, and would love to help out in any way I can!

• The_Krayze

The_Krayze

#4462130 - 13 years ago

Well, I am glad for all the input. Again, This is no where need the end of the idea. i just threw out ideas and color options. What I am hoping for is that some of the people with the created magic cards on their profiles would see this and maybe post the pics here so we have something for a basis.

• Bladieboe

Bladieboe

#4462942 - 13 years ago

and then? it sounds cool

• ash5549

ash5549

#4464221 - 13 years ago

I've been playing Magic for about five years now. My parents taught me how. The game is great, and I don't think that it would be too hard to make the cards. All you need are the images and photoshop.

On a side note, the weapons, like the SMG and the Sniper Rifle, would be best served as equipment cards. Equipment are artifacts that work differently than normal artifacts. After playng them, an aditional cost must be played to "equip" them to any creature card under your control, unless the card says otherwise.

The next problem is what each land is going to be. Here is what they are in magic. See if you guys can come up with some places in Halo that match.

Mountain- adds 1 red mana when tapped
    Island- adds 1 blue mana when tapped
    Plains- adds 1 white mana when tapped
    Forest- adds 1 green mana when tapped
    Swamp- adds 1 black mana when tapped

Also, there are special lands that have enhanced effects, like adding an extera mana.

One option is to leave the lands the same, and have all of the special lands be areas from Halo, with effects that reflect that area.

• The_Krayze

The_Krayze

#4464413 - 13 years ago

*NEW INFO*

I like the idea. I have been searching profiles from some of the halo themed magic cards that i have seen, but I have been unlcky. I like the ideas you have.
    For those that have never played magic, here is a quick idea of how a turn goes. I am unsure about the minimum or maximum ammount of card that one can have. When it is your turn. you pick up a card. If you have any mana cards, you can lay it down. You can only lay one mana card down at a time, I believe. You then have your creature/artifact phase. if you have enough mana to lay down the cards, you tap (turn the card on hits side); tap the certain amount. If the ard calls for 3 mana, you tap 3 mana cards. You can lay down as many cards as you have mana available. What ever you lay down, (creature/artifact wise) you can not use this turn.
    Next you have the attack phase. if you have any creatures/artifacts from the last turn, you can use them to attack your opponents. Some cards require them to be tapped. SOme require extra mana points that turn to be used, some even require life points. Hopefully you have some mana left just incase. You also have enchantments that can be used during battles. they require mana also, so again, be wise on your mana use. I then believe it is the opponents turn to play from his/her hand. One thing I forgot, you can only have 7 cards in your hand as a max. You must discard one card into your graveyard if you at any time will have 8 cards in your hand.
    ex.. if you have 6 cards in your hand, pick up one and have nothing to play, you can keep all 7 cards till the next round. If you have those 7, and it is your pick up card phase, you must discard one (to make 6 in you hand) and then pick up a card(which will make the 7th card.)

If I have forgotten anyhting, please tell me. As for ash5549, I know you will tell me. (I expect you to set me straight)

Later.

• ash5549

ash5549

#4464563 - 13 years ago

Okay, you got a lot right, but you didi miss a few things.

Your deck MUST have at least 60 cards. That's standard. There is no card cap on your deck. I you really want to, you could put every card you own into your deck. Seriously.
    In a deck, you cannot have more han 4 of any one card in the deck, unless the card is a basic land, or the card says otherwise.
    If it's a 2 player game and you are first, you do not draw a card at the begining of your first turn, but you do draw a card every turn after. If the game is more than 2 player, then you do draw a card first turn.
    After you draw, you go into your main phase. Certain cards can only be played durring this phase.
    After this you go into your battle phase
    Then your second main phase
    Then you end your turn

Here are the different types of cards and when they can be played:
    Creature: creature cards can only be played durring your main or second main phase, unless the card says otherwise.
    Artifact: same as creature cards
    Sorcery: same as creature and artifact cards
    Instants: These can be played at any point in time, as long as you can pay for the card.
    Lands: one land per turn, to be played durring one of the main phases, unless a card says otherwise.

The general consesus here is that the cards can break the rules. For example, having a Spellbook in play will take away the maximum # of cards per hand limit. You can now have as many cards in your hand as you want!

• ash5549

ash5549

#4465180 - 13 years ago

Oops!
    I missed a type of card. Sorry!
    Enchantment Same as Creature
    Enchant Creature Same as creature, but must be played on a creature

• The_Krayze

The_Krayze

#4481482 - 13 years ago

*UPDATE*
    Reval in the masterpiece that ash5549 has created. These are only a few of her cards. I want to say she has alteast 3 more. She has been working really hard, so give her some mod love to keep her wanting to do the great work. I have given her +1 mod for each card that she has created. I am into the project fully and I feed her need to make more. Help us and someday, Halo magic might be a reality.
    teamkill.jpg
    sniperrifle.jpg
    reinforcements.jpg
    plasmagranade.jpg
    intimadate.jpg
    HigherGround.jpg
    grunt.jpg
    gridlock.jpg
    ambush.jpg

• ravnica1101

ravnica1101

#4483884 - 13 years ago

heres a few of mine
    go to MarathonFan1 to see some other good ones
    ravnica1101441d9a4dec7c82kn.jpg
    ravnica1101441d9a89160bf8pr.jpg
    ravnica1101441d9a349693c3zx.jpg
    ravnica1101441d9aa6133265am.jpg
    tell me what you think
    more on the way

• ash5549

ash5549

#4484741 - 13 years ago

Some of the cards are overpowered, but I really like the concept for Flag Steal. Some of the wording needs to be changed. In magic they have a certain way of saying certain effects. But I must stay, kudos to you! Great effort!

• ravnica1101

ravnica1101

#4484780 - 13 years ago

thanks
    i tried to get the wording as good as possible
    if you are wondering about weapon and vehicle cards, its pretty straightforeward.
    Weapons are artifacts that have ammo counters on them, and those counters can be removed to deal damage to an opponent.
    Vehicle cards are artifacts that allow you to tap a creature indefinately, and the vehicle becomes an artifact creature or gains an ability
    More cards as soon as i can get back to my moms house

• ash5549

ash5549

#4484833 - 13 years ago

That's a good idea for the guns. I think I will use that from now on. I had an idea for the vehicles that was simmilar to that, except the creatuers would not be tapped indefinitley. Instead, the vehilcle would be like a wall, and when you tap on creatuer it can now attack as though it were not a wall. Tap a second and the vehicle gains first strike and a power boost. Tap a third creature, and that creature's power is added to the power of the artifact creature, and so on.

• ravnica1101

ravnica1101

#4484892 - 13 years ago

well, you can untap them , you can just choose not to

• ash5549

ash5549

#4484935 - 13 years ago

Yeah, that is true. I think that I'll do that in the future. I have a halfway decent pic for a warthog, and a great one for the banshee. I think I'll do those next.

• The_Krayze

The_Krayze

#4487464 - 13 years ago

Great work both of you. You are making this worth all the work. i will do my best to find pics Send me a list of the items you want found.

• MrRandom101

MrRandom101

#4487578 - 13 years ago

you need more creatures

• ash5549

ash5549

#4487641 - 13 years ago

We want to make more creatures, the problem is that we dont have the pictures to do it.
    Look heres a list of what we need:
    The Arbiter
    A pic of each level of Elite (all of the armor colors are their rank)
    A pic of Guilty Spark
    A pic of a Hunter
    Johnson
    The Admiral from the begining of Halo 2
    The Captain of the Pillar of Autumn
    The Heretic version of the Grunts, Elites, and the Heretic Leader
    The Bugg things
    One male and one female marine

• ash5549

ash5549

#4487658 - 13 years ago

Also, a dynamic, peaceful pic of each map in Halo and Halo 2, as well as what the maps name is and a quote for it would be a big help too.

• ravnica1101

ravnica1101

#4491332 - 13 years ago

hm..
    i need a pic of the lag screen in Halo 2, and maybe a pic of the map from the episode of RvB when tex assaults that place witht the key