Forums > Forum Games

How About a Nice Game of Chess?

Posts (1844)

• Fhajad

Fhajad Forum Games Moderator

#10780643 - 10 years ago

So as many of you may have noticed by now, I'm Fhajad and I now over look the on goings of this forum, the Forum Games Forum.

Many of you may not like me as it is right now, but I'm looking to fix this. I want to hear what you guys have to say. What problems do you think are wrong? What could be better? What do you like best of Forum Games?

I'm willing to hear any suggestion, I want to hear what's going on.

I AM NO LONGER THE MOD OF FORUM GAMES, PLEASE REPORT ALL THIS SHIZZ TO HOBBIE.

Post edited 4/25/09 5:28PM

• TheForge

TheForge

#10780670 - 10 years ago

Post deleted by a moderator

I want stuff that's helpful, that is in no way helpful.

• TheBadger

TheBadger

#10780678 - 10 years ago

Well first, I want to hear what ideas you have on improving the Forum Games Forum.

• TheForge

TheForge

#10780704 - 10 years ago

Did you just edit my post? that is blatant abuse of power. I made a reasonable suggestion and you snuffed it.

Personally I think you shoudl observe for a while before you go making sweeping changes.

• Fhajad

#10780705 - 10 years ago

In reply to TheBadger, #3:

I want to hear others before others start trying to tear down my ideas and therefore getting off track for the purpose of this topic.

• KyfeHeartsword

KyfeHeartsword FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Circa '06

#10780711 - 10 years ago

Think there needs to be more organized games, like the Mafia thread, that has been going on for a year strong now, and its is epic win. Lock stupid games, keep organized ones.

I agree with this statement a whole lot. This is why I don't like RPs too much in here, the poor disorganization of some is just horrid.

• Fhajad

#10780715 - 10 years ago

In reply to TheForge, #4:

A personal attack on me isn't a suggestion.

• BobSalawalatski

BobSalawalatski

#10780723 - 10 years ago

I can tell by the way this thread started that it will be quite interesting.

I'll put it on my watchlist.

• TheBadger

TheBadger

#10780740 - 10 years ago

In reply to TheForge, #4:

Forge, Behave. You really should give Fhajad a chance before you go all holy crusader on him.

• TheForge

TheForge

#10780743 - 10 years ago

In reply to Fhajad, #7:

I did not make any attack on you, I merely stated that you should be impartial and actually look before you leap.
    I'm keeping screen-caps now to send to ben.

In reply to TheBadger, #9:

Crusader? I'm just defending our position so we don't get deleted.

Post edited 8/21/08 10:14PM

• BobSalawalatski

BobSalawalatski

#10780748 - 10 years ago

In reply to TheForge, #10:

Ooo, send them to me too

• Fhajad

#10780764 - 10 years ago

You're really taking an attacker stance before I even do anything. I'm trying to get an idea of what's going on before I do any deletes, edits, moves, whatever.

I really think you need to cool down.

• TheBadger

TheBadger

#10780771 - 10 years ago

Well so far you're NOT doing a very good job. At least he came into our threads and asked us about it before really doing anything else. And he hasn't locked/deleted/ or unnecessarily edited any of our RPs yet, has he?

Stand down and be more reasonable.

• southparkboy

southparkboy

#10780783 - 10 years ago

This post was deleted by a moderator

Please don't post this kind of crap in my threads.

• TheForge

TheForge

#10780787 - 10 years ago

In reply to Fhajad, #12:

I apologize for my behavior. I have a lot of stock in the RPs and it bothered me when you threatened them. Please note however that I have not yet made any threatening or angry posts. I merely ask that you think before you act. Neither am I accusing you of acting without thinking. I'm just want to make sure.

Post edited 8/21/08 10:19PM

• crazylilviet

crazylilviet

#10780802 - 10 years ago

You know, we could do a game of chess...

Does anybody remember when we had Risk in here? There were actual physical prizes for the winners, too.

We should totally do that again. With more mod control to make sure we don't get duped, that is.

(Gambling? Through the internet? Must do!)

• TheForge

TheForge

#10780892 - 10 years ago

I can't say I even come close to supporting the bull that goes on in a lot of RPs, but The club RPs are held to standards. If you want to get rid of what you dislike about RPs (And clearly it's not the RPs themselves that you dislike) you should let us set an example of how to make RPing better. We have rules about grammar and posting style and preventing bullshit. (wait, is bullshit considered swearing?)

Adendum: We are working to organize things. Shouldn't we be on the same side?

Post edited 8/21/08 10:27PM

• KyfeHeartsword

KyfeHeartsword FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Circa '06

#10780895 - 10 years ago

In reply to Aerlynn, #6:

*cough*ListenToThisGuy*cough*

• KyfeHeartsword

#10780930 - 10 years ago

In reply to TheForge, #17:

Shit, there's no fucking rules about swearing.

Anyway, back on topic: there needs to be rules and guidelines for all RPs/games. The Mafia thread is the best example for an organized game. There are a couple others that are also good example but can't be thought of at the moment.

Post edited 8/21/08 10:33PM

• TheBadger

TheBadger

#10780970 - 10 years ago

<font color="#6666ff">I agree with this statement a whole lot. This is why I don't like RPs too much in here, the poor disorganization of some is just horrid.</font>

I think this was one of the things Forge was trying to talk about. Yes, we have a lot of poor and below-average RP threads, but don't judge all of them just on what you see in just a few threads.

• Fhajad

#10780994 - 10 years ago

In reply to TheBadger, #20:

So many to look through that it gets pretty difficult in weeding out what's quality and what's not.

• Abyss2

Abyss2

#10781028 - 10 years ago

I agree.

• KyfeHeartsword

#10781036 - 10 years ago

He doesn't, I know Fhajad personally, he RPs and loves playing on well organized RPs. I've RPed with him and he's a great character user. I'm pretty sure once this forum gets cleaned up a little he will join in on some of the RPs. Fhajad isn't Anti-RP, he's Anti-retards and anti-hypocrisy.

• TheForge

TheForge

#10781079 - 10 years ago

In reply to Fhajad, #21:

Indeed, which is why most RPs are self regulated (or not regulated at all), I set up the club for this very reason.

In reply to Aerlynn, #23:

Well that's good news.

Post edited 8/21/08 10:40PM

• TheBadger

TheBadger

#10781101 - 10 years ago

In reply to Aerlynn, #23:

That's fine. Being a member and RPer in this site for little more than a year, I am just worried about the well being of a number of threads and the future of RPing as a whole on Roosterteeth because I do not know Fhajad.