Forums > Forum Games

RP - Wrecking Worse: A Modern Drug War

Posts (180)

• jp4464

jp4464 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16573484 - 5 years ago

[Disclaimer: THIS THREAD DOES NOT CONDONE THE USAGE OF DRUGS OR ANY KIND OF SUBSTANCE ABUSE. Roughly based on the Hit TV- Series Breaking Bad, our characters work within the drug trading industry (as well as some officials who want to shut the industry down). We are not advocating the usage of any of the substances described within the thread, we are simply RPing as traders and businessmen within the business of drug transportation. This thread advocates creativity and diversity through each post, even within the serious, real-life scenarios presented to the characters. All of this is in good fun, and, to reiterate, DRUG USE IS NOT CONDONED AT ALL IN THIS THREAD.]

Plot: Earth, 2015. A huge boom in substance abuse has tainted modern society to no end. Addicts and junkies roam the streets, while police officials and government agents track down the sellers and traders in the drug business. Drug lords rise to power, Businesses fall into nothingness.
    What side are you on? Take a risk with the law to make some BIG cash, or stamp down on crooks and put an end to the drug business? You decide.

Rules (PLEASE READ BEFORE JOINING IN):
    1. Be Civil: We're here to be creative and have fun; try not to be a jerk during the process (unless that's how your character is, haha.)
    2. No one is invincible: This is an obvious, but important one. We're not superheroes. We're dastardly men and women trying to run a successful (but catastrophic) drug industry. If you die, you die. Try to pay attention to the people around you to get an idea on what happens when you do.
    3. HAVE FUN! Though this is a closer-to-home, real-life scenario game, there is going to be some ridiculous moments popping up here and there. We don't want to be too serious in this game. If you walk into a drug store and a stripper mugs you, go with it. If an old lady rams into your truck and your entire supply of cocaine is ruined, so be it. Remember to stretch your mind for creative situations that our characters must face, though you must try to be as realistic as possible with how the characters deal with such scenarios.
    4. Character Sheet: It wouldn't be a real RP without an official RP Character Sheet. Be as creative and diverse as your little mind can be! Just try not to be too ridiculous with your character; we want all of our characters to have a balanced set of strengths and weaknesses when conflicts arise.
    Here are the sheets for both sides:

The Insiders: The Bad guys. They deal with trading, selling, and transporting various substances.

Name:

Position: (Example: Driver, Assassin, Drug Lord, etc.)

Business Affiliation(s): (Do you work with another character's drug cartel, or are you part of your own business?)

Strengths: (Nothing too specific. Gives your character the upper hand in different situations.

Weaknesses: (Same as above, but holds your character back in different situations.

The B-Team: The good guys. They deal with locking up fugitives, criminals, and overall villains.

Name:

Position (Example: Cop, Police Chief, Lawyer, etc.)

District Affiliation(s): Do you work in your own branch of law enforcement, or are you partnered with any other characters?)

Strengths: (Same as strengths in Insiders Sheet)

Weaknesses: (Same as weaknesses in Insiders Sheet)

Alright, that's pretty much it. Don't forget to have fun, be creative, and THINK AHEAD; you never know what's gonna happen out there...

-JP

• Thaydan

Thaydan

#16573491 - 5 years ago

Insider

Name: Jason "Jax" Mercer

Position: Assassin

Business Affiliations: Freelance

Strengths:
    -Stealth
    -Espionage
    -Hunting
    -Freerunning

Weaknesses:
    -Areas that prohibit stealth (wide, flat, and open, as well as well lit)
    -Gun Fights
    -Close-Quarters-Combat

• jp4464

jp4464 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16573521 - 5 years ago

Insiders, all the way.

Name: Ron "The Conductor" Hawkridge

Position: Drug Lord/ Businessman

Business Affiliations: Head of 'Hawkridge Transport and Associates.' Works with @miriam2695 and @Bigbuck1 during various operations. (currently hiring)

Strengths: Professional demeanor, various aliases, Calm under pressure. Decent fighter.

Weaknesses: sporadic outbursts of anger lead to diminished loyalty from staff.
    At times indecisive and extremely stressed.

• StrangerCoug

StrangerCoug

#16573544 - 5 years ago

The B-Team

Name: Matthew de la Riva

Position: Cop

District Affiliation: 5th District, under the employ of @ChaosMana

Strengths:
    - Sharpshooter. Prefers to carry a 9mm pistol, but is also skilled with a shotgun.
    - Fast runner. He runs one mile every other morning on his treadmill before leaving for work as one way to keep fit.
    - Good investigator and intelligence asset.

Weaknesses:
    - Impatient and too aggressive. These two together have led to more than one accusation of abusing his power as a police officer.
    - Known gambling addict. If he's distracted with a game (usually poker or blackjack), he usually will not notice drug lords operating in his vicinity.

• Intergalctic_Godfather

Intergalctic_Godfather A deal you can't refuse

#16573565 - 5 years ago

B-Team

Name: Justin Cruz

Position: Sheriff deputy

Affiliation: 9th District , assigned to the Sheriff

Strengths:
    -Hawk eye, can see deals from 300 meters away(binoculars make this even worse for crooks)
    -Marathon runner
    -"keep the Peace" abillity, allows for recruitment of bystanders to help

Weaknesses:
    -has to drink lots of water as a part a treatment he is undergoing requiring frequent bathroom breaks
    -short temper with suspects

• ChaosMana

ChaosMana

#16574169 - 5 years ago

The B-Team

Name: Adamska Siviain
    Position: Chief

District Affiliation: 5th District Chief

Strengths:
    - Trickshot: Single Action Army Revolver- Extremely accurate with his weapon, even able to control the ricochet of his shots.
    -The Joy :Highly skilled in CQC
    - Call of the Beast- Rally's any nearby 5th District Troops to his position.

Weaknesses:
    - Six Shots..: Very long reload time
    - Lone Wolf : Show off, sometimes reckless.
    - Dueler: Loves to battle, and has a very hard time turning down a fight..or a chance to get even.

• Thaydan

Thaydan

#16574256 - 5 years ago

My, my. Seems like @jp4464 and I are the only Insiders...I love unfair odds like these... *pops knuckles*

• StrangerCoug

StrangerCoug

#16574261 - 5 years ago

jp4464 is trying to get bigbuck1 and miriam2695 to play for the Insiders, and trust me, it's not fun when I can just trounce you.

• Thaydan

Thaydan

#16574265 - 5 years ago

In reply to StrangerCoug, #8:

Hmph. Assassins are never caught.

• bigbuck1

bigbuck1

#16574705 - 5 years ago

Insider
    Name: Duke Crandel

Position: Smuggler. (will smuggle anything from drugs to stolen equipment, illegal aliens, to just about anything that can fit on his ship.)

Business Affiliation(s):Freelance but to smuggles for @jp4464" target="_blank">@jp4464 alot.

Strengths: Athletic, Good liar, Jack of all trades, Can speak English and Russian he can also read English and Chinese, Clever.

Weaknesses: Doesn't seem trust worthy, Has trust issues, paranoid about a man with a tattoo that says Sarah Adams because he was told that man will kill him, Really superstitious, Don't know when to quit.

• bigbuck1

bigbuck1

#16574711 - 5 years ago

how did I put 2 @jp4464s on that post

• jp4464

#16574847 - 5 years ago

(Should we get started, oh wait for some more characters?)

• Thaydan

Thaydan

#16574859 - 5 years ago

In reply to jp4464, #14:

(What da heck, let's do it. It's 3 to 4 anyways.)

• jp4464

#16574944 - 5 years ago

"God, I fucking hate cops."
    It's about 2 in the morning, and I'm looking down at two poor blue bastards, blood spreading and dripping through the cracks of the wood. South docks. Somewhere in Jersey.
    My gun's smoking, and I'm laughing to myself at how pathetic these guys were. Graveyard shift surveillance? Bullshit. Somebody tipped them off. Luckily they believed my little story. At least, before I blew their heads off.

They call me the conductor. I run a drug cartel down in Mexico, where my crew members deliver and trade some high quality shit. I'm talkin' heroin lined with gold, cocaine mixed with diamond shavings, and meth crafted with Bahamas pink sand. Beautiful shit, my friend.

Anyways, so I'm sailing down on this big ship with my friend Duke, a smuggler who works for me. Great guy, always meets his quota. We had a deal to be made with this guy from Trenton. Jack spades. He runs a Russian roulette circuit, and needed to satisfy his need for crack. Instead of flying over (like, where the fuck would you land a jet in jersey? Like half the state is city blocks), we just took our ship, 'S.S Maryland.'

And as we pull up to the docks, I hear some guy on a loudspeaker say "stop the boat! You are under arrest."
    So what do I do? I get off, shake hands, and tell em I'm just a business man with a shipment of goods to be dropped off at this lot.
    I show them my id, give them my business card, and show them the list of "goods" I was dropping off. Then:

Boom.

Boom.

They drop to the ground, and I look around cautiously. No witnesses, no more cops, no b-team scumbags pointing rifles at my chest. We're good.
    The trade with jack went by well. He was hyper as fuck, but I got my money so I could care less if he jumped off of his building doing a backflip.
    Duke and I packed up and started the car, when I noticed a car turn the corner about 3 blocks away. Unmarked car. Chevy.

Matt Riva, 5th district. I've dealt with him before. Let me off with a warning when I parked in a handicapped zone. Cool guy, terrible gambler though.

"Just act cool. Duke, keep your pistol handy, just in case."

He pulled up to us, shining his flashlight in our direction. "You guys alright?"

• Thaydan

Thaydan

#16574995 - 5 years ago

In reply to jp4464, #16:

Jax happened to be on an assignment at that time, which was the surveillance of Rivera. Somebody wanted him out of the picture, and, as an assassin's creed See what I did there? he doesn't give the names of his clients. His phone buzzed, and, upon checking it, was given the clear to merge his soul with infinity. He took aim with his sniper rifle and...........down went Rivera. Jax then packed up and left, having been told earlier to leave anynwitnesses alive. Somebody wanted everybody to know he was dead...and now he was.

• bigbuck1

bigbuck1

#16575103 - 5 years ago

So after we and by we I mean Me and Ron. Ron's a cool guy, he pays well, he never gives you more to smuggle than you can get in you truck or in my case my ship the 'S.S Maryland'. Witch I won that ship in a poker game along time ago, so long infact that I can't imagine life with out that big old fishing boat that I use for smuggling.
    So after we got my ship tied to the docks I got off and waited while Ron talked with Jack and I translated between them two a bit since Jack has english so bad a baby could talk better english. Then after that I locked all the doors on my ship and Me and Ron went to the car he had there waiting for us. then that cop Matt riva came, he asked us if we were alright.
    I put a hand on the Desert eagle that I had in my right pocket acting like I was impatiently waiting with my hands on my hips. I look at Matt then said "Yeah, we alright." I said witch I followed up with "Any bars around here though?"
    (those events are if it wasn't Matt that was shot in the previous post.)

• Intergalctic_Godfather

Intergalctic_Godfather A deal you can't refuse

#16575371 - 5 years ago

This job is always tough. After the MIA reports of several port authority personnel, an APB was put out to find people in possession of the same explosives found at the scene.

But thats all we have to go on....

• bigbuck1

bigbuck1

#16575380 - 5 years ago

(I just figured out that it was Matt who was shot. It is hard to tell who people are talking about when they misspells the name of the character.)

Corrected events:
    So after we and by we I mean Me and Ron. Ron's a cool guy, he pays well, he never gives you more to smuggle than you can get in you truck or in my case my ship the 'S.S Maryland'. Which I won that ship in a poker game along time ago, so long in fact that I can't imagine life with out that big old fishing boat that I use for smuggling.
    So after we got my ship tied to the docks I got off and waited while Ron talked with Jack and I translated between them two a bit since Jack has English so bad a baby could talk better English. Then after that I locked all the doors on my ship and Me and Ron went to the car he had there waiting for us. then that cop Matt Riva came, he asked us if we were alright.
    BOOM
    The sniper rifle was deafening I then pulled out my desert eagle and pointed it strait ahead not sure where the shot came from."Что ебать!?" I yelled in Russian then I looked at Matt who was still in his car with blood all over him and the interior of the car, obviously in pain.
    I looked over at Ron wondering what he was planning on doing next.

(oh and sorry about getting things mixed up because Thaydan spelled Riva, Rivera)

• StrangerCoug

StrangerCoug

#16575435 - 5 years ago

(Don't forget the "de la" in front of the "Riva", too, guys. His last name's three words.)

I play dead, hoping that that will make Duke and Ron go away.

After about fifteen seconds, I no longer see or hear any sign of them. I slowly reach over to the police radio and speak into it. I'm not able to speak loudly, as if I want to.

"De la Riva to base, de la Riva to base." I say, "I have been shot by Duke Crandel and Ron Hawkridge. You should have files on them. I need medical assistance at the docks. Over."

"Base to de la Riva, we will dispatch an ambulance," the base responds. "Do you know where the suspects are at this time? Over."

"Negative, base. I do not know where they are at this time. Keep a lookout. Over."

"Ten-four, de la Riva. Do you need any other assistance at this time? Over."

"Negative, base. De la Riva out."

I see someone peeking into my car and draw my gun, which was still holstered. I want to shoot, but can neither muster my strength or steady my hand enough.

"Don't move," I weakly say.

• Thaydan

Thaydan

#16575443 - 5 years ago

Jax was a nice distance away from his murder, knowing very well that he covered his tracks. He disappeared into the sea of people and went into a cafe, where his client was.

"Did you do it?"
    Jax only nodded, silent as ever.
    "Good...now then, your payment."
    In the next few seconds, all Jax saw was a suitcase full of money, which he took and walked out.
    "I hope to do business with you again," called his client out to him,
    He didn't listen or care.

He went to his usual haunt, a storm drain that had been left unused over the years. Sitting on the couch he set there, he turned on the radio and listened to it, waiting for his next assignment.

• StrangerCoug

StrangerCoug

#16575516 - 5 years ago

The ambulance arrives, by which point I am unconscious. I am slowly taken out of my cruiser and loaded into the ambulance. I am fighting for my life.

• bigbuck1

bigbuck1

#16575882 - 5 years ago

I sit in the pasenger seat while Ron is driving then after a few moments I set the Desert Eagle on the dash. "Where did that shot come from?" I say to which I follow up with "БьюÑÑŒ об заклад, что парень, который ÑтрелÑл, что КС Ñидит в Ñвоем небольшом отверÑтии, что он называет дом Ñ Ñамодовольным выражением на лице ожидаÑ, Ñвоей работой в новоÑÑ‚ÑÑ…!" in Russian angrily.

• Thaydan

Thaydan

#16575902 - 5 years ago

In reply to bigbuck1, #25:

((CRAP that's a heckuva lotta Russian!!))

• bigbuck1

bigbuck1

#16575914 - 5 years ago

In reply to Thaydan, #26:

(Hey where he grew up in a neighborhood that had a lot of Russian immigrants and Russian speaking kids and he only knew two people who spoke English and he didn't see them to often, only enough to pick up Russian and English)

• Thaydan

Thaydan

#16575999 - 5 years ago

In reply to bigbuck1, #27:

(Whoa...)z