Forums > Forum Games

SPYFALL

Posts (3479)

• yelnocp

yelnocp FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold TNETENNBA

#17523834 - 4 years ago

Spyfall is a game of deception and bluffing. Everyone is told the secret location. Everyone except for the spy, that is. The goal is to try and figure out whom among us is acting too suspiciously, and unanimously accuse him to end the game. The spy wins if they can correctly figure out the location, or if the group accuses the wrong person.
    To play, we go in order, each person asking a question of another specific player. Your question can be about anything. It can be laden with clues to your fellow non-spies. Your answer doesn't have to be truthful (the correct answer doesn't matter). Be careful, if you ask or answer a question too vaguely, people might get suspicious. However, too many obvious clues will let the spy win. Pop culture references are relied on heavily, because their meaning in relation to the location are not always obvious.

A (bad) example:
    If our location was the moon, I might ask someone When did you last pull your pants down in public
    which could confirm to someone that I was not the spy.
    Remember the location could be literally anywhere. I've played games in "an asylum", "a submarine", "Neverland", and "my friend Harley's pants"

Once we have enough people to play (5-9), I'll pick a location and PM it to everyone except the randomly chosen Spy, then I'll post the question order. It will be question/answer only until everyone has asked their first question (no discussion). Then we'll loop back to the first person and continue. After every Q&A you may accuse someone as spy. If we don't have consensus, the next question will be asked. It may be a good idea to ask that person a very pointed question to try and confirm them as a spy.
    If we succeed in finding the spy, they'll get one chance to make a guess at the location for the win.

Some finer details:
    smiley9.gif Since we need unanimity, if you're not going to vote (or if you think it's someone else), say so asap so the next question can be asked.
    smiley9.gif NEVER reveal your location. This breaks the game... why are you playing? (You can reveal the location directly through your question or answer, but that's a booold move, Cotton)
    smiley9.gif The spy can end the game at will by revealing himself and attempting to guess the location.
    smiley9.gif Try not to take too long checking in on the thread. If everyone only checked in once a day, it could take a week to finish the first round of questions. Not a big deal, but we'll see how this goes.
    smiley9.gif@tag a player when you ask them a question. When you answer, tag the next questioner
    smiley9.gif If the game goes too long, the moderator will announce one final round before forcing the ultimate vote.
    smiley9.gif I'm not sure how this will work as a forum game, but here goes.
    smiley9.gif The moderator du jour knows the location and therefore is confirmed as not the spy, and therefore will not participate.
    smiley9.gif First question and spy are chosen randomly
    smiley9.gif Placeholder for something I undoubtedly forgot.

Created better example and updated @tag protocol

Post edited 5/20/15 7:31AM

• Llavan

Llavan FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17523940 - 4 years ago

This sounds like it could be fun, I'll play.

• hypershot12

hypershot12

#17525123 - 4 years ago

Sounds pretty cool, I'm down with playing.

• monopoly_j

monopoly_j

#17526017 - 4 years ago

Sure

• TheNefasus

TheNefasus FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold EtherCreeper

#17526034 - 4 years ago

I'm in. smiley0.gif

• KMH1995

KMH1995 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17526042 - 4 years ago

Count me in.

• CalPal

CalPal

#17526148 - 4 years ago

I'll give it a shot, why not?

• buckeyedon

buckeyedon Crackpottist

#17526357 - 4 years ago

Like Calvin said, "why not?".

In.

• buckeyedon

buckeyedon Crackpottist

#17526538 - 4 years ago

In reply to Xenos137, #9:

If there isn't, you can have my spot and I'll merely lurk (and possibly kibitz).

• hypershot12

hypershot12

#17526730 - 4 years ago

In reply to BuckeyeDon, #10:

It says in the post there can be 5 - 9 people. Xenos included, we have 8. So we could wait for one more or get this party started.

• buckeyedon

buckeyedon Crackpottist

#17526753 - 4 years ago

In reply to Laurenz, #11:

I'm just saying that if there are 10 or more peeps, I'll sit back in the hen house and kibitz.

• destiny_dg

destiny_dg

#17526761 - 4 years ago

Can we spectate? I don't really get it, and I think I'd be bad at it- but I really wanna watch things go down.

• hypershot12

hypershot12

#17526772 - 4 years ago

In reply to destiny_dg, #13:

You've posted here now, so you're watching the thread. I guess you could just sit back and watch it happen if you want to.

• destiny_dg

destiny_dg

#17526778 - 4 years ago

In reply to Laurenz, #14:

Ah, I thought it was going to be in some private group conversation. Alrighty, thanks.

• hypershot12

hypershot12

#17526780 - 4 years ago

In reply to destiny_dg, #15:

Not unless you say "in" smiley1.gif

• yelnocp

yelnocp FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold TNETENNBA

#17526972 - 4 years ago

Nah, Gameplay will take place in the thread.

I was going to do a poll for each vote, but that provides anonymity. How someone is voting is kind of relevant. But only kind of.

OK, so the way I see it our game consists of

Llavan
    Laurenz
    monopoly_j
    TheNefasus
    KMH1995
    CalPal
    BuckeyeDon (will not be kibbitzing this time, be it in a kibbutz or otherwise)
    Xenos137

And that looks like a great order for questions.

Speaking of which, does anyone have any questions before we begin?
    I'll pm everyone in an hour or so.

Post edited 4/18/15 3:17PM

• hypershot12

hypershot12

#17526984 - 4 years ago

In reply to yelnocp, #17:

So we vote in the thread? And we can ask anyone on the list a question?

• yelnocp

#17527065 - 4 years ago

In reply to Laurenz, #18:

Yes, vote in the thread.
    Anyone on the list.

• yelnocp

#17527079 - 4 years ago

PM's sent.

@Llavan gets first question, and we'll go from there. You can make accusations after Xenos137 asks her question.

• monopoly_j

monopoly_j

#17527291 - 4 years ago

In reply to yelnocp, #20:

Can we go more than one round through and does everyone have to have equal questions?

• Llavan

Llavan FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17527378 - 4 years ago

Ok then first question, if I messed this up I am sorry.

BuckeyeDon what is your favorite number?

• buckeyedon

buckeyedon Crackpottist

#17527388 - 4 years ago

∞

• hypershot12

hypershot12

#17527405 - 4 years ago

KMH1995, who is your favorite director?

• monopoly_j

monopoly_j

#17527407 - 4 years ago

Oh I'm next...just waiting for an answer.

• KMH1995

KMH1995 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17527412 - 4 years ago

Steve.