Forums > Gamecube

Rise of Nintendo

Posts (211)

• Projekt360

Projekt360

#4636644 - 13 years ago

Wii all know that Nintendo is not gonna fall so we don't need anyone saying they are.

From playing cards to the greates systems ever, Nintendo has been there for the real gamers not just the graphic whores.

Talk about Nintendo's past, present, and future from their best ideas to their worst.

• Caboose

Caboose

#4636695 - 13 years ago

I've always wanted to see the cards that Nintendo has made. And no, i don't mean Pokemon

• pinkarmour

pinkarmour

#4636766 - 13 years ago

if anything sony would be the closest to falling.
    a lot of gamers are middle class teens and adults, and not many can really afford to spend $600 on a system alone, next you still gotta buy games, accesories and another controler ot two. thats a lot of money for the average person to waste. i'de rather go in with $600 and get a wii and also get like 6 games and another 2 controlers, and still have money left over.

• HacknKill

HacknKill

#4636767 - 13 years ago

I'm really going off of gaming at the moment, everything seems the same to me. I know I'm getting a Wii though. This console seriously looks like it's gonna change alot in the gaming industry, I frankly can't wait for Nintendo's impact on the industry with this new system.

• Caboose

Caboose

#4636847 - 13 years ago

A co-worker and I were talking about the PS3. He said that his kids were going to get the Premium system and a few games. at 650cad plus approx. 70 per game, They'd have to save up over $900 after tax for the system. Thats the system, and 2 games only. Nothing else!

Gonna be a lot of broken bank accounts come November!

• Maximus777

Maximus777

#4636899 - 13 years ago

Almost a grand for a PS3 + 2 games... you could get a Wii and 2 games for a third of that price.

• I_PK_You

I_PK_You

#4637080 - 13 years ago

less than a thrid by what im hearing, the games will be at ?30, and the Wii itself will be less than ?200. Ninty have already stated that they intend to gain succes by each housohlod having a 360 or ps3 along with a Wii, which i think is a great marketing strategy.

• Caboose

Caboose

#4637113 - 13 years ago

Last report, is that the Wii will not be any more than 25,000 Yen which is $222usd or $250cad at the current exchange rate!

• I_PK_You

I_PK_You

#4637122 - 13 years ago

Ye, its pretty good isnt it? I'm definately going to get it when it as soon as it comes out.

• I_PK_You

I_PK_You

#4637149 - 13 years ago

And $222 is ?119.62 at current exchange rates, which rocks for us Scots!

• I_PK_You

I_PK_You

#4637155 - 13 years ago

WTF why does it change every pound sign into a question mark...thats crazy...

• Caboose

Caboose

#4637171 - 13 years ago

I see that too. I think it has to do with the font pack used by the forum software!

• I_PK_You

I_PK_You

#4637192 - 13 years ago

Damn thats kinda annoying, from now on ill just say pounds...

• Gamer064

Gamer064

#4637314 - 13 years ago

From the NES to the Gamecube.... (we'll see what happens with the Wii)... Nintendo has been there for us and by the looks of things, Nintendo is not going anywhere any time soon....

• John117_MC

John117_MC

#4638365 - 13 years ago

In reply to Caboose, #8:

They (Nintendo) specifically said 25,000 yen and $250 USD - not just 25,000 yen and then convert that. They also said the price would not exceed that, so it could be lower.

No word on game prices, but best guess for the older games is something like $2 for original NES games, $5 for SNES games, $10 for N64 games, and I'm not sure about Gamecube games. All those will only be available via download, of course.

I haven't really heard anthing about Wii games though.

• Caboose

Caboose

#4638692 - 13 years ago

You play GameCube games using the origional disc. You don't download the GameCube games

• nuketrap

nuketrap

#4640794 - 13 years ago

Well this download function is going to be popular, I have told people and some are interested in getting the Wii just for the downloadable back catalogue.

Post edited 5/26/06 9:23PM

• coston89

coston89

#4641203 - 13 years ago

Also the Wii has Wi-Fi so if you had Wi-Fi for your DS, free internet gaming for your Wii too

• I_PK_You

I_PK_You

#4643062 - 13 years ago

The annoying thing is that games like Perfect Dark and Conkers Bad Fur Day wont be available because of Rare's takeover. It means that Microsoft now owns the rights to them, and that means that there is very little chance they'll let Ninty use them...

• nuketrap

nuketrap

#4646085 - 13 years ago

But they were distrubuted and licensed by Nintendo though, so does that mean they own the games?

• coston89

coston89

#4646595 - 13 years ago

Yeah they could still come to Wii

• I_PK_You

I_PK_You

#4648175 - 13 years ago

Hmm...i see what you mean, but it'll probably mean a legal battle over the rights for them, and since it was rare who created and wrote the program etc, they'll probably win.

• Gamer064

Gamer064

#4648214 - 13 years ago

Actually I think Rare would like people to relive they're old classics....

• coston89

coston89

#4649883 - 13 years ago

Yeah, but if microsoft finds out, nintendo would be sued for a lot of things

• Sukra

Sukra

#4649900 - 13 years ago

I'm a Nintendo and Sony supporter. The only good thing Xbox has done is Halo and that in turn gave birth to the miracle that is RvB