Forums > General Discussion

The Sandwich Thread

Posts (105)

• Dane_SFC

Dane_SFC

#10918979 - 11 years ago

I seriously just had what is possibly the greatest sandwich that man has ever created! It contained fresh, white bread that I was forced to go to the bakery to buy, no butter but instead a thin lacing of BBQ sauce (putting the sauce straight onto the bread is in my humble opinion, the secret to unlocking the powers of the sandwich), then the leftover chicken from the night before which was cut into tiny pieces. Cutting the chicken small is another secret I think. Then came the lettuce, tomato and parmesan cheese. Yes the cheese that smells like vomit! Seriously I am in heaven.

I dedicate this thread to THE SANDWICH!

Yum. Sandwich.

smiley12.gif

• Caballistics

Caballistics

#10919795 - 11 years ago

Squire.

What the Hell?

• ShavedIguana

ShavedIguana

#10920372 - 11 years ago

I think the best sandwich in the world is just a good ole pulled pork BBQ sandwich, and a cold beer. Now there's good eatin'. *Drools*

• Nina_Z

Nina_Z

#10922390 - 11 years ago

i have a few.

a chicken nugget roll- chicken nuggets from say maccas or something, with lettuce, mayo, cheese and all in a bun or bread. Its pretty good.
    alos chicken, avocado, cheese with sour cream as well. Thats good in a sandwich and also a craepe.

• AngerSphere

AngerSphere

#10922411 - 11 years ago

In reply to ShavedIguana, #3:

Ain't nothin' better!

• the_bloke

the_bloke

#10926374 - 11 years ago

large white roll, roast beef, relish, cheese, tomato, lettuce and avocado
    I would rather eat it than stick it on my dick

• AngerSphere

AngerSphere

#10928173 - 11 years ago

I also like a good Pork Chop sandwich. It has to have that spicy mustard though.

• Coffeeh

Coffeeh

#10928557 - 11 years ago

I shouldn't have come into this thread....now I'm super hungry and away from home D:
    Now, I like a tuna sandwich, but only if the tuna is mixed with ranch dressing and a bit of mayo. It's yum. Try it. :D
    Or a taco.... *shot*

• buckeyedon

buckeyedon Crackpottist

#10931735 - 11 years ago

Let's see - ok - I've got some bread (think it's wheat). Now what's in the 'fridge' - hmmm - mustard is a start - ooo!! olives! - some cottage cheese - sprinkle some soy sauce on - dash of seasoning salt - tabasco sauce - and another slice of bread. Mmmm - mmm. Good Sammich!

Post edited 9/06/08 7:25PM

• DrGim

DrGim FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#10936342 - 11 years ago

In reply to Dane_SFC, #1:

damn
    you managed to take an off hand coment
    and make it into a great thread
    amazing
    but not as amazing as the sandwich
    cause that's why we are here
    the sandwich

• hedleschiken

hedleschiken

#10939165 - 11 years ago

We had a Salsa Festival just down my street and at this Columbian restaurant, they had this (pardon my spelling) pulled lechonero or roasted pig on a spit on a flat iron tortilla with this sauce, I think it was sofrito with a nice kick. All with a side of the pork skin...man it was fucking good. Unfortunately not part of their regular menu.

A great sandwich I do at work that sells great, Chicken Florentine. Grilled garlic and herb chicken breast on a ciabatta, panini, or focaccia bread, a little pesto spread, some spinach, and strips of fire roasted red peppers. Sometimes stick a slice of buffalo mozzarella on there.

• AngerSphere

AngerSphere

#10940192 - 11 years ago

Anyone ever had Gyros (pronounced like "euros")? I don't know if they count as a sandwich, but they are delicious none the less. They are spiced beef or lamb meat, lettuce, and a cucumber-like sauce on a pita.

• Doddsoreric

Doddsoreric

#10940455 - 11 years ago

I have just discovered a great food, speaking of us Brits lol. In a part of Scotland called Ayrshire they have a scotch pie in a roll.
    It looks discusting but wow, its a great invention.

• Doddsoreric

Doddsoreric

#10940800 - 11 years ago

oh black pudding is amazing. Its made by mixing pigs blood with oatmeal or barley.
    Its fried in a pan and served in a traditional breakfast. Ok it sounds disgusting but tastes so good. Mind you sausages are pretty disgusting if you think about it but taste so good.

You also get white pudding, its the same but wi no blood in it.

Is it any wonder we all die of heart attacks lol.

• GreenMascot

GreenMascot

#10940832 - 11 years ago

the best sandwiches i have ever had is white bread nacho cheese Doritos and mustard

• Dane_SFC

Dane_SFC

#10943967 - 11 years ago

It makes me warm and fuzzy inside to hear of so many stories of great sandwiches through time.
    Lets hope that there are many more sandwiches to be enjoyed by all!
    smiley12.gif

• ShavedIguana

ShavedIguana

#10945502 - 11 years ago

In reply to AngerSphere, #7:
    And maybe a slice or two of pepper jack.

Another great one is a fried, boneless chicken breast with cheddar cheese, spicy brown mustard, honey mustard, bacon, and pickles.

God, I'm hungry now!

• Dirty_angel

Dirty_angel

#10945674 - 11 years ago

I love sandwiches

• kiwakim

kiwakim

#10945747 - 11 years ago

I never get tired of a good BLT...it makes me hungry just thinking about it smiley0.gif

• Doddsoreric

Doddsoreric

#10946524 - 11 years ago

a sandwich isnt complete without a bit of mayo on it. Just makes everything taste so much better.
    Well apart from bacon sandwiches, you need brown sause on them.
    yum.

• steelreefer

steelreefer

#10946922 - 11 years ago

Some people, they get a little fancy with their sandwich. They go through the trouble of finding and storing lettuce for the sole purpose of peeling off -- or, for the singularly industrious, shredding up -- a few leafs for that extra crispness.

Now, I'm pro-lettuce. I am drawn to salads, not often, but their contribution to cuisine has not gone unappreciated in my many years. I am heavily of the opinion that a few pieces of lettuce can only improve the state of any given burger.

Knowing this, let me suggest something to you.

Fuck lettuce.

Please, dear god, not literally.

Or in public. Especially not there. I don't need to be the progenitor of the internets' newest sexual perversion, The Leafy.

I mean, y'know, figuratively. I want you to get that lettuce the hell away from your sandwich and replace it with spinach.

Now, I know what you're saying. And it's wall to wall obscenities. but i'm right.

Here's what you do. Buy yourself a bag of Baby Spinach leaves. It should be in the same general area as the heads of lettuce. If you're lucky, your grocery store will sell them in a little plastic tub that keeps them even better. Make your sandwich as normal, and apply baby spinach leaves to the toppings as if it were the lettuce! I suggest ripping off the little stem that'll be on most of them because their texture is kinda weird when it comes out of the middle of a sammich. Just a single layer should be enough, but no one's stopping you from being little thick about it. I guarantee you'll never go back to lettuce.

Here's the trick. Make absolutely sure that you're getting baby spinach. It'll prominently say that it is right on the bag so it shouldn't be hard to figure out. Other spinach, that's the spinach that tastes like shit. I've had that spinach before as a child. The only way to eat that pile of biohazardous waste is to shovel in a forkful, managing somehow to keep your tongue off of it, and quickly take a drink so you can sorta swallow the whole mess with a minimum of taste.

Well, there you go what are you waiting for? Go make a delicious one right now? Just please for the love of God keep your pants on around the lettuce.

• griff714

griff714

#10947564 - 11 years ago

im never not in the mood for a good ol' italian sandwich. ciabatta with salami, provolone, lettuce, tomato, oil & vinegar. or ham if you like it. the only problem is it hates my waist. one slice of salami has enough fat to equal eight slices of turkey so you can just get rid of the salami and ham and go for turkey if you feel like eating healthy. those and some classic lays chips is all you need.

in the words of phillip j fry, "its like sex, except i'm having it"

• griff714

griff714

#10947861 - 11 years ago

or theres my personal fav. is white bread with chunky peanut butter and potato chips. tastes amazing

• ShavedIguana

ShavedIguana

#10948242 - 11 years ago

In reply to griff714, #26:

That's even better if it's of the chunky variety with a few slices of dill pickle.

• kiwakim

kiwakim

#10950160 - 11 years ago

In reply to ShavedIguana, #27:

Dill pickle, really? Well, I'll have to give that a try if it's that good.