Forums > General Discussion

Volunteering

Posts (8)

• trissy4

trissy4

#11397376 - 10 years ago

Im about to join St johns Ambulance in NSW, and i cant wait for the experience of the eviroment of being a first aid officer at events.

My question to you guys is do you volunteer for anything? and what do you get out of it (aka, good feelings, etc)?

i would like to see your ressponces, no matter what it is.

• Razielsr1

Razielsr1

#11397513 - 10 years ago

I've only ever volunteered for a few thing in my life... and when I think about it, it was actual a good thing and felt really good. I say that because when I did Volunteer, it was because no one would and I really felt bad for the person trying to organize the whole thing (I didn't feel that great about it at first... but yeah lol).

I don't know if Charity is the same, but I do a fair bit of that... if only to tell people that I'm nice enough to do something like that. I don't think I'm rich, but I do believe that if you want something... ANYTHING... you have to give a little first.

• RAWPOWER95

RAWPOWER95

#11399965 - 10 years ago

I've volunteered at the zoo here for almost 3 years. Partly for fun, and partly to work with the animals.

• trissy4

trissy4

#11400523 - 10 years ago

thats cool

• Rmunoz

Rmunoz

#11449944 - 10 years ago

I do have friends that Volunteer for a local fire Department and they said it gives them experience to put on there resume, help with the community, plus the good feelings as you mentioned.

• eviltim80

eviltim80

#11453417 - 10 years ago

i volunteered at a library so i could get volunteer hours for my college applications. after realizing that all i had to do was organize a few books everyday and sit at a computer (which i constantly used for the internet and barely anything else) i got it as a part time job once i was done volunteering. easiest $6 an hour ever.

• Luckystars

Luckystars

#11524805 - 10 years ago

In reply to trissy4, #1:

In high school I would volunteer with others around town, and in college I was in a service fraternity where we volunteered in orange county.

I do it because its the right thing to do.

Deep down I think that taking care of each other is what makes us human and creates meaningful relationships. And if you've given up on humanity, there are always animal shelters that need volunteers lol!

• Smushsauce

Smushsauce

#11525245 - 10 years ago

I volunteer at a no-kill animal shelter. It's pretty easy - clean cages, keep dogs and cats groomed, fed, and exercised. Useful since I'm in college and owning a pet right now isn't an option where I live. Keeps me in touch with animals since I don't get home to see mine often.

I do about 5-15 hours a week, depending on my class workload.