Forums > General Discussion

Orders, Medals and decorations

Posts (9)

• trissy4

trissy4

#12420254 - 10 years ago

Does anyone here have an interest orders, medals and decorations? or have questions on the subject?
    This topic DOES NOT INCLUDE HALO, RVB or OTHER MEDALS ONE GETS IN GAMES.

I consider my self a beginner enthusiest when it comes to this topic (still got a long way to go) and wanted to start a disscusion thread on this topic. Civil or military, any era is fine.

So lets get talking smiley0.gif
    Oh and if is the wrong forum thread to post this, please direct me to the proper thread.

Post edited 4/13/09 7:50PM

• lancerman10

lancerman10

#12423870 - 10 years ago

My grandfather was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross for his service in WWII. 31 bombing missions.

• Cyko_Somatic

Cyko_Somatic

#12424269 - 10 years ago

My Dad got a Bronze Star for his time in Iraq and witnessed some officers get combat ribbons for getting shot at.

• osiris32

osiris32

#12425080 - 10 years ago

I have my Eagle Medal. And the Sharpshooter Awards that Grandpa got in WW2.

• PaddyN

PaddyN

#12425840 - 10 years ago

At a Remembrance ceremony last year, I did a double-take when I saw someone wearing a Victoria Cross. Turns out it was This Gentleman.

• Royplayer89

Royplayer89 RTX Guardian

#12426782 - 10 years ago

I won a citizenship award...

YAY FOR COMMUNITY ATTENTION AWARENESS!!!!

• SCDude

SCDude

#12427037 - 10 years ago

I have a gold medal in Poom Se from the Tae Kwon Do L.A. Tournament and a bronze in sparring form that same tournament.

• trissy4

trissy4

#12440778 - 10 years ago

In reply to PaddyN, #5:
    That is amazing. To se a living recipient of the VC would have been a briliant sight.

In reply to lancerman10, #2:
    I have a grandfather that was on a mine sweeper in WWII, he cleared the beaches of D-day for the ships.

Awsome stuff guys, keep it coming.

• Kender3421

Kender3421

#12444435 - 10 years ago

I personally have a Navy Achievement Medal. I got that my last month in the military.