Forums > General Discussion

Best Game/Movie Trailer Music

Posts (26)

• JoseDRojas

JoseDRojas

#13374094 - 9 years ago

What are some of your favorite combinations of music and game or movie trailers and why?

I just found my favorite yesterday when I saw the L4D2 commercial featuring Clutch - Electric Worry. It's a perfect feel for a game that's set in the deep south and the lyrics used in the trailer fit so well. An Awesome band nobody ever knows about combined with a game everyone seems to know about, they will hopefully get some great exposure because of it. It worked for MIA with Paper Planes in the Pineapple Express trailer.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uWjuueTtNg

Post edited 11/24/09 2:29PM

• pwolter0

pwolter0 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Formerly Wolfbait1

#13374329 - 9 years ago

In reply to JoseDRojas, #1:

I always thought the opening sequence/ trailer for Kingdom Hearts with Simple and Clean was a wonderful choice. Just really captured the feel of the game.

• metalcherry

metalcherry

#13374410 - 9 years ago

This is quite old but for Silent Hill they used to use In a Heartbeat (which is also found on the 28 Weeks later scene where Robert Carlyle character is running away from the house where he believes his wife is being killed)
    The song is so gripping that when SH first came out it felt so appropriate for the game because it is quite an intense so just like the trailer.

• omega14

omega14

#13374471 - 9 years ago

Both Gears Trailers (Mad World by Gary Jules and How It Ends by DeVotchKa) were both really good. Both showed the sense of desperation of the humans, and the edited lyrics of both songs fit very well what's happening in the trailers. Also, I liked the sense of hope that is present in the Last Day trailer (Gears 2), which was completely absent in the first one.

• JoseDRojas

JoseDRojas

#13383271 - 9 years ago

In reply to metalcherry, #3:

For sure that was awesome. Music can really amp up the intensity and change the mood of trailers, for example the RT "Home run" L4D2 trailer music and audio lighten an otherwise dark game. It exposed the viewer to a whole new level of entertainment the game can provide. L4D2 can be fun and goofy, i mean come on...boomers. But in this trailer it seems soo much more dramatic.

• hellshanks

hellshanks

#13384355 - 9 years ago

300 with the hardcore music was kinda offsetting. But kinda kick ass at the same time. A lot of Skating vids have actually good editing to where the music fits with the tricks and stuff. Not expected from some of the people who skate...

• Lungrot

Lungrot

#13384655 - 9 years ago

I thought that the trailer for borderlands with Cage the Elephant's "Ain't No Rest For The Wicked" turned out exceptionally well.

• KSal

KSal

#13385855 - 9 years ago

In reply to Lungrot, #7:

totally agree with you

• JoseDRojas

JoseDRojas

#13387172 - 9 years ago

In reply to Lungrot, #7:

Yeah I agree that was a wicked track for that trailer. This one also was awesome, but not as good imo, still a wicked track and game though. This was more of a showcase of the game really so I don't know if it can be considered a trailer. www.youtube.com/watch?v=657Tt28xDc8

• JoseDRojas

JoseDRojas

#13409941 - 9 years ago

Thanks for the bump spambot.

• SiBiMR3

SiBiMR3

#13410618 - 9 years ago

for a movie Jackass the movie O Fortuna
    and for a game Gears of War Mad world

• americanskid

americanskid Professional Spectator

#13411251 - 9 years ago

ODST live action trailer.

It was better than a movie!

• KSal

KSal

#13412016 - 9 years ago

In reply to JoseDRojas, #9:

I think a song like "Song 2" by Blur would be a cool ad to a Borderlands Trailer or Gameplay video...well...Song 2 would go pretty badass with mostly all FPS...at least that's what I think...

• JoseDRojas

JoseDRojas

#13412107 - 9 years ago

In reply to AmericanSkid, #12:

So true! There was some serious production value in all aspects of the those trailers.

In reply to KSal, #13:

Song 2 goes well with anything that moves fast haha.

• KSal

KSal

#13412422 - 9 years ago

In reply to JoseDRojas, #14:

hahahah yeah thats right XD

• ChaosGod343

ChaosGod343

#13421209 - 9 years ago

The first Watchmen trailer that was released, with Smashing Pumpkins - The Beginning is the End is the Beginning.

So many cheers in the theater, and the music just fits so perfectly.

• ipontje

ipontje

#13428311 - 9 years ago

I thought the background music in bioshock really gave the game an awesome creapy feeling!

• JoseDRojas

JoseDRojas

#13428640 - 9 years ago

In reply to ipontje, #17:

In the trailer or in the game? In game music is a whole other ballgame, not to change the subject but Price of Persia: Warrior Within has my vote for that topic.

• KSal

KSal

#13433400 - 9 years ago

In reply to JoseDRojas, #18:

I Stand Alone by Godsmack right??? I remember the song but not much about the trailer....I remember it looked fine...

• SADByrd

SADByrd

#13442868 - 9 years ago

I hate to state the obvious, but I see 19 replies and nobody's said... Portal!
    It's been two years and I still listen to Still Alive semi-daily =]

• Sir_Bowen

Sir_Bowen FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#13444036 - 9 years ago

I'm kind of surprised no one has said this, but by far the best in my opinion is One Winged Angel for Final Fantasy VII. There hasn't been a bad guy that could top Sephiroth's God like aura and the song goes so well with his image.

• Eyhren

Eyhren

#13470958 - 9 years ago

I was gonna mention the L4D2 opening cinematic, but you beat me to it. I was also gonna mention Borderlands but you beat me to that too.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDSRdp6Ar3M
    That's probably the best Borderlands trailer. It's the same music but they used it really well in that one.
    Another game with a really well-chosen soundtrack is Dirt 2. Even if you don't like it as music, as a soundtrack to a game like that it's pretty much perfect.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCxfS7UmGsU

• Eyhren

Eyhren

#13470962 - 9 years ago

In reply to SADByrd, #20:

In reply to Sir_Bowen, #21:

While I agree with both of you guys about their musics being awesome, neither of those are trailers.

• Sir_Bowen

Sir_Bowen FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#13472824 - 9 years ago

In reply to Eyhren, #23:

Whoops. Meant to put Final Fantasy VII Advent Children, not the game. The movie had a trailer and they played that song.

• Eyhren

Eyhren

#13473234 - 9 years ago

In which case I am absolutely 100% in agreement with you. Awesome film.