Forums > General Discussion

need help making this rp.

Posts (14)

• thinkmaster

thinkmaster

#13716323 - 9 years ago

Well if you know me i'm not very creative so i'm looking for help with story and plot to it. but here's what i have.

Player controllable: human, beastmen, monsters.

Mod controlled: monsters deemed to destructive for a single rp'er to defeat.

Plot: There will be 5 villages (Need to be named.). There will be 2 beastmen villages and 3 human villages. None of the villages like each other and each village would like to see the others destroyed. Villages will be attacked on a regular basis by monsters and will have to fight it getting something good for a win and bad for a lose. Players can attack other players if there from a different village. PC monsters can attack any PC character even other monsters and launch attacks at a village if so desired forcing players to defend it.

story: no current ideas.

character sheet:
    name: (Dont need to have a last name. Void for monsters.)

Age / Birthday: (How old are you and when were you born. Void for monsters.)

Species: (Name of Monster, Beastmen or Human.)

Weapon: (What you fight with. Example: Bow, hammer, lance. Void for monsters)

Armor: (What monster it's made from. Everyone start with leather. and gets better stuff as they defeat enemy monsters. Void if you are a monster)

• Mike

Mike FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Feed Me Memes

#13716328 - 9 years ago

I see you also posted this in your journal. It should probably stay there.

• Faded_Light

Faded_Light FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#13716333 - 9 years ago

seems it could be quite complex, but if pulled off correctly, pretty good... in theory... maybe

Post edited 3/29/10 12:11PM

• TrigunRules

TrigunRules

#13717002 - 9 years ago

Well does anything have special traits?

• thinkmaster

thinkmaster

#13717008 - 9 years ago

In reply to TrigunRules, #4:

yes.

• Chalky991

Chalky991

#13717123 - 9 years ago

I think this is a very good Idea, but I think you need to work on it a bit more. Yes, it's good in concept but you need to pay attention to details. Some good ways to start would be:-

Add classes - give the potential players to play how they see fit, whether it be typical fighter classes like Mage, Warrior, Rouge etc. Get creative too, make some mixed up classes.

Make Damage tables - It's all well and good that you have a class and a character but if you don't know how much health he/she/it has, then a fight could take a while. Add something that would be fair for both sides but realistic at the same time. ie

Beast man: Str: 5 Int:3 Sv: 5+

Human: Str: 3 Int: 6 Sv: 3

Something like that, but also attention to the detail is good.

Traits - No on will play if there's no advantages between the species and their classes. Make disadvantages too otherwise you might make a god class and not even know it.

Make Rules - This is the boring part, but if you want it to work then you have to do this. Make rules around the species about how they move or how much. How many attacks they have, how much mana they have each (if you want that) how much mana spells take up. Will they get exhausted while fighting? Add rules for everything!

Test it - Play a few games with friends, see how they like it and get some feedback on the project about rules, traits, attacks spells etc.

Then after that is all said and done, then focus on the story. Hey, even hire some help the more the merrier.

• thinkmaster

thinkmaster

#13717281 - 9 years ago

In reply to Chalky991, #6:

Well it's based off a game with some changes. monsters are limited by what they can do in the game and each rp'ers must use monsters in a way that follows there personality in the game. the humans have access to the gun weapons from the game. The beastmen cant use gun weapons but they have slightly higher speed/strengh, and smell. classes are decided by which weapon you give your character for the rp. Stat's are affected by your armor and i have a friend help me work out the hp thing. Weapon advantages are power/short range and speed/long range but long range has less power also some weapons can block and some cant also how they can be used follows the game.

Hows that?

• Chalky991

Chalky991

#13717333 - 9 years ago

In reply to thinkmaster, #7:

It's a good start, but I think you need to draw some stats up, I think you should restrict any of the species, what I would do is make it so that they can only use something to a limited capacity. Come up with as many ideas as you can and get making some rules, stats and so on.

If all goes well for you, it could become a quite popular game.

But, it's all up to you.

• jeremyizpang

jeremyizpang

#13718887 - 9 years ago

In reply to thinkmaster, #1:

Here's any idea the monsters and humans are at war. You must chose your side and complete quests for your king. Once you reach a certain level you are free or may continue doing quests. If you are free you can go to the beast villages and try to fight the medium-high leveled monsters, or vice versa. I think their should be 6 villages. 3 for each group.

If you are a monster you do quests for the leader or the pride, or something like that...

• jeremyizpang

jeremyizpang

#13718895 - 9 years ago

In reply to jeremyizpang, #9:

BTW this is for the story plot thing

• TrigunRules

TrigunRules

#13732221 - 9 years ago

How are the special talents or attribute decided and what game is this a tweak of?

• thinkmaster

thinkmaster

#13732235 - 9 years ago

In reply to TrigunRules, #11:

Monster hunter freedom unite PSP.

• TrigunRules

TrigunRules

#13732239 - 9 years ago

In reply to thinkmaster, #12:

Ok never heard of it but still how are the special things determined?

• thinkmaster

thinkmaster

#13732246 - 9 years ago

In reply to TrigunRules, #13:

Well if you mean advantages and defense and stuff like that I'm still working on that stuff. I will post it when it's done. I have a friend who knows more about the workings of these attributes and he's going to help with that.