Forums > General Discussion

Roosterteeth Internet Chat Relay?

Posts (16)

• LostNirvana

LostNirvana

#13732229 - 9 years ago

I'm not sure if one is in existence right now so I'm putting this in as a 'Make it or Find it' mission. I feel like there should be an IRC for Roosterteeth. Not like a channel for Roosterteeth on an IRC but RTs own official IRC. Anyone here able to host one? Any Admin/Staff actually reading this? I've heard there use dot be a few but they're all dead.

Think of the possibilities!

• Hunter

Hunter Achievement

#13732374 - 9 years ago

RT Live is sorta like that, only it's laggy as hell and it doesn't happen very often. I tried getting a Ventrillo server up and running on the site, but it died because of lack in interest.

• LostNirvana

LostNirvana

#13732385 - 9 years ago

In reply to TheSlayerMH, #2:

I'm linux so I wouldn't be able to ventrillo. Are you some sort of anti-linux dick or something? I'm insulted by you!

jk, try something people of all platforms can do though. That's why I want an IRC.

• LBCountry

LBCountry

#13732422 - 9 years ago

*Internet Relay Chat

From experience, Burnie isn't a fan of a regular IRC server/channel for the site. He believes, or did at one time, that it would seriously detract from the forum activity on the site.

That said, we set up a third-party Grifball IRC channel and a few satellite channels (mostly team-based) on the ARG-IRC.net server a while ago, and we maintain them still. Something similar could be done for other forums/the rest of the forum.

• LostNirvana

LostNirvana

#13732433 - 9 years ago

In reply to LBCountry, #4:

I hang out in forum games and Roleplay doesn't work in IRC...General Discussion IRC?

• jeremyizpang

jeremyizpang

#13732455 - 9 years ago

Dude that would be awesome if it worked well and all the fans could talk to each other easily =)

• Hunter

Hunter Achievement

#13732496 - 9 years ago

I think we have a Teamspeak server set up, don't we? Like as a substitute for RT Live?

• JoseDRojas

JoseDRojas

#13734321 - 9 years ago

I'd love a chat or sorts. It may detract from the forums a bit, but at the same time a community grows closer when people can communicate directly or rather instantly.

• LostNirvana

LostNirvana

#13734324 - 9 years ago

In reply to JoseDRojas, #8:

I don't feel like it'd distract the forum much, I'm in an IRC right now and it doesn't take up too much of my forum time.

• biosword

biosword FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#13737085 - 9 years ago

lol, we had this a few years ago thought now we all just chill in useless

• Chalky991

Chalky991

#13741905 - 9 years ago

In reply to LostNirvana, #3:

You do know that Linux can run ventrillo? It's called Wine.

• LostNirvana

LostNirvana

#13741953 - 9 years ago

In reply to Chalky991, #11:

It's called "Wine Sucks".

• Chalky991

Chalky991

#13742120 - 9 years ago

In reply to LostNirvana, #12:

I just couldn't understand why you'd complain about not being able to run something on a 'platform' when there is ways around it. That and there is many, many types of cross platform IRC programs out there?

• LostNirvana

LostNirvana

#13742130 - 9 years ago

In reply to Chalky991, #13:

Ventrillo is another story though. I'd have to run Wine and Wine doesn't run well

• Chalky991

Chalky991

#13742138 - 9 years ago

I have no problems and I am using Ubuntu Karmic 9.10 and I have no problems what so ever.

• JoseDRojas

JoseDRojas

#13742143 - 9 years ago

True I use a Linux system and Wine sucks hard sometimes. That said it works fine fro Vent. The obvious solution to the problem is a Rooster Teeth Chat.