Forums > General Discussion

Weight Loss & Getting Fit

Posts (3)

• realdeal_55

realdeal_55

#14198134 - 8 years ago

Almost three years ago, I came to the forums looking for help with losing weight. For the life of me, however, I can't find the thread I posted in, and I can't find any really relevant thread using the search tool, so I'm starting one.

Anyway, three years ago I weighed 350 pounds. Since then, I've changed my eating habits and have gotten more active, and today I weigh 222. I feel like I have more energy, I look a lot better, and I generally feel better about myself. I think it was DiMono who gave me the advice I worked off of, so Chris, if you happen to come across this thread, thank you so much. smiley0.gif

My problem at this point is I seem to have hit a wall. I only weigh myself once a week, and I've been stuck at this 222-pound mark for over a month. School has started again, and I appreciate that with school comes more studying (or in my case, practising (I'm a music student)) and there's less time for being active. However, I've been fairly regimental with doing DDR's workout mode for 45-60 minutes a day, five days a week, and going to the gym and doing cardio there for an hour once a week. I walk everywhere, including to and from school, which is a 1km walk each way. I haven't reverted to my old habits of eating out every night; not only can I not afford to, I refuse to live like that, anymore. I'm not living on Kraft Dinner, either; I cook pretty well for my roommate and I.

Anyway, I'm not too sure what to do at this point. My goal is to get down in between 150-175 pounds, but this wall is really starting to frustrate me. Also, losing almost 130 pounds has left me with what feels like a bunch of empty, awkward, flabby skin that I'm not too sure what to do with. I could start doing weight training at the gym and fill it out with muscle, but I don't want to be a bodybuilder, and I don't want to put on more weight.

So I'm a little stuck, and I appeal to you, the always-helpful RT community, for a touch of advice.

Please and thanks! smiley0.gif

• m00nweasel

m00nweasel

#14198205 - 8 years ago

In reply to realdeal_55, #1:

Dimonos thread

It is slow but still active.

• realdeal_55

realdeal_55

#14198223 - 8 years ago

In reply to m00nweasel, #2:

Good find, my friend. I'll have a mod lock this up.