Forums > General Discussion

Who would win a Battle

Posts (46)

• JMtzSchz1

JMtzSchz1

#14554206 - 8 years ago

Who would win a battle Power Rangers (all) vs (Spartans II & III and ODST Squad)?

• KWierso

KWierso AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

#14554229 - 8 years ago

Me.

• Johnnie_Cage

Johnnie_Cage

#14554309 - 8 years ago

Is the original Green Ranger/White Ranger Tommy going to be there? If so, Rangers win.

• AllShamNoWow

AllShamNoWow

#14554335 - 8 years ago

The White Ranger, solo.

• RVBFAN314

RVBFAN314 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14554365 - 8 years ago

SPARTANS & ODST.
    Martial Arts and melee weaponry don't mean jack shit against long-range assault weaponry, and even so, the SPARTANS are physically superior to the Power Rangers and both SPARTANs and ODSTs have full military training.

• sdavis117

sdavis117

#14554582 - 8 years ago

Power Rangers have giant mechs. As we all know, only giant mechs can beat giant mechs. Therefore, because the Halo cast lacks giant mechs, the Power Rangers would win.

• Jteeth

Jteeth FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Mandalf, his brother

#14554609 - 8 years ago

The brownman power ranger would win:
    Jteeth4dca078e86f08.jpg

• xShAdOw96x

xShAdOw96x

#14554760 - 8 years ago

Narwhal vs. Zebra

• TheNewman

TheNewman

#14555167 - 8 years ago

I would like to say spartan/odst, but i've seen what every power ranger can do WITHOUT their mechs:
    www.dorkly.com/video/12572/every-power-ranger-ever-in-epic-battle

• AKlinker85

AKlinker85

#14555187 - 8 years ago

If it's the original Japanese power rangers then I would give it to them...they have actual magic. The one's after though, meh, I'm betting the Spartans could probably do it...even without Droids to back em up. Guns will always win out on hand to hand weapons and let us not forget that it takes minutes for Power Rangers to even execute an attack.

• FoxboyPrower

FoxboyPrower

#14555653 - 8 years ago

Well the spartans have guns. Do the power rangers have guns? If power rangers could use their mechs than the spartans could use their tanks.

• TheNewman

TheNewman

#14555663 - 8 years ago

In reply to FoxboyPrower, #11:

tanks vs. a dozen or so giant robots? pretty sure giant robots win.

• RavenAdonis

RavenAdonis FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14555787 - 8 years ago

Some Power Rangers do have guns. To be honest, Rangers would win, hands down. They are magically and technologically superior to the ODST/Spartans. Sorry to say, but true.

• Radius55

Radius55 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Site Admin

#14555920 - 8 years ago

SPARTANs have Power Armor, Long Ranged heavy weapons, tanks (which automatically beat everything), years of military training, and can call in close air support, orbital bombardments, and nuclear strikes.

ODSTs have Ballistic Resistant (and sometimes semi-active) armor, a huge assortment of weapons, the same vehicles as SPARTANs, a significant amount of training, and could probably call in orbital assets if they needed them.

Power Rangers have colorful costumes, disco guns, crappy martial arts skills, a pitiful grasp of tactics (hand to hand=last resort), and giant toys pretending to be combat vehicles.

SPARTANs, no contest. A green squad of ODSTs could probably shred a a Ranger team in a short engagement.

• TheNewman

TheNewman

#14555924 - 8 years ago

In reply to Radius55, #14:

seriously, watch that video i posted (or at least skim to the end).

and then multiply that by giant mechas

• Radius55

Radius55 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Site Admin

#14557476 - 8 years ago

In reply to TheNewman, #15:

Mechs look cool, but are tactically terrible weapon systems. First, line of sight. If you have a mech the size of a large building, everyone within 10 miles will be able to engage it. A tank or infantry can only be engaged at close range or by non line of site weapons. So that mech better have some damn good armor.

Which leads to point number two, mass requirements. A tank, believe it or not, is armored as little as possible. Those slanted plates? The only reason they exist is to lessen the chance of penetration. Since anything coming at it from the air aside from artillery is unlikely to be survivable, the tops can be relatively thin skinned. With a mech, that's not possible. Not only is it impossible to slant plates to deflect rounds and save mass but they're taller than they are wide so you can't reduce weight by eliminating top armor.

Third Point: Weapons. A Scorpion fires a 90mm DU-AP round. I don't know about the penetration in the future, but the M-1 Abrams gun can penetrate 2 FEET of steel armor at 2000 yards. If you're telling me that a Mech could armor itself that heavily all over, you're crazy. Not only do the joints have to be left lightly armored but the fuel requirements for that would be insane. I will give you that the Mech's weapon could probably destroy any tank in one shot, but it's going to be facing several, all maneuvering independently. The only way to take them all out at the same time is to destroy the entire area.

Final point on why tanks will always beat mechs has to do with the sheer engineering requirements. Not only could you build several hundred tanks for the price of one of those pieces of junk, but they're more likely to run as well. Combat vehicles tend to break down without regular maintenance. If you have 100 tanks, and 5 are down at any one time, you can still bring 95 tanks to bear. If you have one mech and 5% of the systems are down at any one time, you're not going into combat. Not unless you have redundant systems that add mass, fuel, cost, and maintenance requirements.

So, basically you've got an ass load of battle ready killing machines on one side, and a creaky metal death trap on the other. No contest, and that's even without the use of the MACs in orbit. A bunker buster can penetrate over 20 feet of concrete when dropped from a few thousand feet. Want to guess what it can do when fired at relativistic speeds from orbit?

As for the ground combat. You completely disregarded my ouw comments that YOU NEVER USE HAND TO HAND AS YOUR FIRST CHOICE!!! If you did, Indians would still rule America. You use guns, and lots of them. Keep in mind as well, that the Power Rangers have no real Martial Arts skills, at least in the TV Show. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they would have them in this battle, but SPARTANs are enhanced to the point that they are no longer humans. Even without their armor their reactions are too fast to measure, their bones are reinforced to the point that they might as well be made of steel, and they are about twice as strong as any human has the right to be. With MOLJNIR, their reactions are further enhanced, they have armor abilities, they're pretty much bullet proof, and they've got energy shields.

So, here's how it will go down. The SPARTANs go out there using cover and concealment properly, open fire from long range, and kill a few idiots in Halloween costumes. Said idiots use "Magical Powers" like hyper speed to get to close range. The SPARTANs not only have reactions fast enough to still kill the idiots but they laid down minefields and secured their flanks and rear. If forced to retreat, they have open lines and have rigged their position to blow. Once they've downed enough of them, the Power Rangers will bring out the Mechs (after resurrecting their fallen comrades through the power of friendship or some other BS). Back to the earlier portions of the post, said mech will be clunky, lightly armored, and vulnerable to widely dispersed attacks. Spartans will use Rockets, Lasers, Gauss Warthogs, and Scorpions to knock it out of commission taking light casualties. Finally, they'll call down an orbital strike to erase the wreckage from the face of the planet. And that's what happens when you turn highly trained and well armed killing machines lose on a bunch of colorful morons.

TL;DR Version:
    SPARTANs are like SEAL Team 6 on steroids and in Power Armor. There's no way in hell a few kids in costumes are going to beat them.

• TheNewman

TheNewman

#14557485 - 8 years ago

I didn't read any of that

Too long

I'll just take your work for it

• tinyA26

tinyA26

#14557633 - 8 years ago

I have to say power rangers, only because I have to represent my generation. This is dependent on them being the mighty morphin power rangers from the first two seasons, not any of the other knockoffs.

P.S. as a fan of the WCW/WWF(E?) when I was younger, I have to point this out classic-web.archive.org/web/20040215220418/www.powerkangers.com/default.html. It was the funniest thing on the internet when I was 10.

• RVBFAN314

RVBFAN314 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14558566 - 8 years ago

In reply to sdavis117, #6:

Power Rangers have giant mechs. As we all know, only giant mechs can beat giant mechs. Therefore, because the Halo cast lacks giant mechs, the Power Rangers would win.

The Halo universe has something that can be considered a "giant mech". The Type-47 Ultra Heavy Assault Platform, more commonly known as "Scarabs".
    You know, those things that Master Chief Petty Officer SPARTAN-117 killed three of in Halo 3 alone, two of which he took on at the same time.
    RVBFAN3144887884f407b0.jpg

Also there was the one in Halo 2, which he boarded and took down all on his own.
    Now, not even the other SPARTAN-II Super Soldiers can quite match up to Good Ol' Sierra-117, but they come pretty damn close.
    As fun as it is to troll forums and be a massive prick in general, I'm not trying to troll here. Sure the Power Rangers have the Megazord, or whatever giant mech they use these days, and I'm sure it's powerful. However, in the immortal words of the late Sergeant Major Avery J. Johnson: "They're tough, but they ain't invincible!"

• sdavis117

sdavis117

#14558650 - 8 years ago

In reply to RVBFAN314, #19:

The Scarab is a walking tank. Mechs beat tanks. Therefore, mech beats scarab easily. Also you aren't going to board something that is 500ft tall and can run (which the legs of a 500ft person, which is fast).

• churchspwng

churchspwng

#14558815 - 8 years ago

But...Radius55 beat the hell out of the mech argument. Plus, think if the Spartans were like Tex, the Meta, and Wash. They could kick the hell out of the Power Rangers. But, yeah that guy (Radius55) pretty much shot down all the arguments in my opinion. I would want to watch the UNSC win, I'd bring popcorn.

• Radius55

#14558946 - 8 years ago

In reply to churchspwng, #21:

Thanks. The more I think about it, the less I believe the Rangers would stand any sort of chance. First, have you ever seen one shot before? Not once. Every enemy misses when they're on the ground which leads me to believe that they've been fighting, if you'll excuse the Star Wars analogy, stormtroopers with the occasional low class bounty hunter and Hutt thrown in. Up against forces trained in marksmanship with superhuman reflexes they will be hit and they will die. The only other point I want to bring up is that the only way you could beat someone in Power Armor with martial arts is with stronger Power Armor. Somehow I doubt that underneath those colorful plates the Rangers have much pseudo-musculature. On the other hand, SPARTANs do, and they're already inhumanly strong.

Oh, yeah, one more thing: Hot Hologram that can Hack into Anything >> Floating Disembodied Head that can't

• RavenAdonis

RavenAdonis FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14558965 - 8 years ago

In reply to churchspwng, #21:

He actually didn't. He presented arguments based only on what he knows of one side of the equation. He never properly researched Power Ranger abilities or the specific attributes and capabilities of their mechs.

• Radius55

#14559203 - 8 years ago

In reply to RavenAdonis, #23:

Then how do the Mechs overcome said problems? Especially the Line of Sight one that allows any unit within a huge radius to engage it? I've actually done research into this topic before, and there's a big reason large mechs are not considered a worthwhile weapon or branch of research.

• LiFeInABoX

LiFeInABoX

#14559336 - 8 years ago

I love the Master Chief and all, but the Power Rangers have the Megazord.

Then there's like 15 or so more Megazords to use and their owned armor vehicles. Each Megazord is comprised of multiple Zords that have various weapons, including cannons. The Zords are also much bigger than Scarabs and just sitting down, it can crush it. Zords are also more agile and much faster, some can travel up to 300 mph. The Zords are also living creatures, such as dinosaurs or mystical creatures, granting them strengths that the Scorpions can't compete with. We have no idea what Zords are made out of. Certainly not steel, but something much stronger. The Zords are also not exactly lightly armored, on the contrary, they have to be well shielded and armored to take the beatings they take from the giant monsters they fight. Seriously, one of them lives in a freakin' volcano. View a Megazord as an equal of Mechagodzilla. Mechagodzilla is one of the most power enemies of Godzilla and has come very close to defeating Godzilla on multiple occasions. Said Godzilla can withstand bombardments and attacks from tanks, jets, rockets, and such. Thus, Mechagodzilla should fare well against a similar force. Now add multiple Megazords to the equation and they can take on any ground force, tanks and all.

The Power Ranger suits also grant them superhuman abilities including: strength, speed, and durability, even invisibility. They too have laser guns and swords, and their weapons can be combined and stacked to be even more powerful. Some Power Rangers can also use spells and even teleport. Having the ability to teleport also gives them ability to claim the best positioning and allows them to commit any surprise attack at will. Cover is useful, but not when they can attack from behind at any moment. And the Spartan armor can withstand only so much damage before it's shield is overwhelmed. The Mark V did greatly enhance the attributes of the Spartans, John's critical success during his test was also with the help of Cortana. And last time I checked, there was only one Cortana. Only few Spartan-II have access to the Mark VI, while the majority relied on Mark IV (no shields and very limited technological enhancements) and Mark V. The ODST have none of these.

So don't sell the Power Rangers short.

This probably weakens my argument. But I had to post this, whatever..
    GreenRangerwhoopnass.gif