Forums > General Discussion

Your Gaming Style: How Do You Play?

Posts (37)

• OnlyAaronCan

OnlyAaronCan

#14712640 - 8 years ago

My personal opinion on this is that everyone has a certain 'Style' they use to play games.

Some wing it and Button Mash, some learn the moves and tactics of the game and rock it, and some just plain old horrid and shouldn't be allowed to hold a controller.

There are a lot of different 'Styles' people use in their gaming. Everyone plays differently, it is just how you learn the ways that are best for you. I personally have a good sense of what to press, but i still have a weird combination of some button mashing, and massive amounts of Luck on newer games. Like Reach. (haha)

Share and Compare. Give feedback also to people that need the help (like me haha) and share how you game.

• Infurnoq

Infurnoq

#14712695 - 8 years ago

Run into the horde guns blazing

• Coghost

Coghost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14712916 - 8 years ago

I jump in, die a few times then learn how to play

• Padefe

Padefe

#14713089 - 8 years ago

Depends. In FPS I go in guns blazing yelling: YOU STUPID NAZI!!!!! then realize there is no one in the room. Then getting shocked because they attack in a hallway or something.

In strategy games. I play defense. It never works but I can't stop :P

• JoeySpade

JoeySpade

#14713147 - 8 years ago

When playing multiplayer, I generally lean in real close to the screen until I start to get a little LCD sunburn. Then when I die (which I do... a lot) I almost put my controller through a wall. Wash, rinse, repeat. When I play single player campaigns, I calmly chill and just play. Not sure what it is about another living, breathing player being the one that kills you; all I know is that it is incredibly enraging for no good reason.

• Darthfett16

Darthfett16

#14713288 - 8 years ago

I believe my gamestyle has been classified as "runnin an gunnin"

• LeReaper

LeReaper

#14713399 - 8 years ago

tumblr_lkm33l2ZMu1qafrh6.gif

The only way I play

• CHINOCHOP96

CHINOCHOP96

#14713509 - 8 years ago

I generally like to help my team weather it's storming the base with them or covering them with my sniper .

• Johnnie_Cage

Johnnie_Cage

#14713554 - 8 years ago

I'm pretty team first oriented. I am willing to be zombie fodder if it means my team wins.

• KristerMikke

KristerMikke

#14713576 - 8 years ago

Flank and keep distance.
    Id rather waste 10 more seconds on a confirmed kill then 5 on certain death.

• Lo_Battery

Lo_Battery

#14713772 - 8 years ago

In FPS games I like to use some stealth, usually flanking and assassinating the other team. I don't usually snipe, though, because I'm a terrible sniper in every game but Halo.

• Jteeth

Jteeth FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Mandalf, his brother

#14714470 - 8 years ago

Is terrible a style? If so... then that way...

• Mortified42

Mortified42 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14714696 - 8 years ago

Depends on the game type. In good ol' fashion death matches I usually go for any vehicle I can and kill lots of beetches. In horde modes I am a runner and gunner while my team plays from afar, while I usually end up dead tanking 50 enemies. If it is an RTS game I try to go for offensive rushes and usually fail.

• Contracts

Contracts

#14714922 - 8 years ago

Lone wolf all the way.

Though I'm an awesome teammate if you just follow about 10-20 steps behind me and clean up the guys I wounded before getting killed. This does not work against snipers.

• Coghost

Coghost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14717088 - 8 years ago

In reply to LeReaper, #7:

tumblr_lkm33l2ZMu1qafrh6.gif

The only way I play

This is how I play after I see the controls.

• lockie87

lockie87

#14717258 - 8 years ago

In reply to Padefe, #4:

When I play FPS, I usually will try a something similiar to the "LEEROY JENKINS!" approach and realize I failed. Then I will try some strategy including letting the AI kill everyone, using cover/covering fire, or just plain old garilla warfare!

In a strategy game like age of empires (I know old school) I would work on a defense, build walls, gather different resources while building housing and then build a massive army that no enemy can compare with. *side note, I hate cavelry as it is a waste of resources and die easily.

• MrDarkicoN

MrDarkicoN

#14717870 - 8 years ago

Depends on the game.
    For Halo I try and stick with my teammates so we can have a number advantage.
    For COD Usually just run 'n gun
    Battlefield I'm usually just the support guy, whether it be sending in health packs, supplying ammo, or taking out tanks.

• Matteo476

Matteo476

#14719498 - 8 years ago

Just kick back and have fun... Until somebody betrays you then go full out ballistic:)

• PIXX33

PIXX33

#14719562 - 8 years ago

Depends on the gun I have at the moment. With a regular shot gun, I'm usually watching everyone's back. With a semi-automatic, I'm right up front mowing the zombies down. Left 4 Dead rocks!

• Zev05

Zev05

#14720257 - 8 years ago

Depends on the game. In halo, I usually... ehm..... do stuff. I don't know. I aim for peoples heads and shoot. usually at medium-range. Or I cloak and stab them in the back, or charge into them with a shotgun.

In a game like SC2 I defend, macro up and murder (zerg player).

In TF2 I backstab and ambush.

• Maskullking

Maskullking FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold A Person

#14720754 - 8 years ago

Depends on the game.

FPS I learn how to work the map, sticking to the same or similar routes while running around.
    For fighting games like Street fighter and DOA I button mash.
    For RPGs I tend to wing it and hope for the best.
    RTS I create a thousand different strategys that I use.

So yeah completely different for different games =P

• Swiggapigga

Swiggapigga

#14722118 - 8 years ago

I always read the manual... Lolz. Then I play it on the 2nd hardest difficulty all the way through, then beat it on the hardest.

• y0zhi

y0zhi

#14722465 - 8 years ago

I play on the easiest difficulty then go back and complete the game o the hardest difficulty

• resolver06

resolver06

#14725011 - 8 years ago

I like to be technical with my games I guess, for example if it is an FPS I generally always aim for the head so that I don't waste ammo, unless I'm panicking. For other games like hack n slash and stuff I generally like to create pseudo combos so everything looks cool lol.

• Worshiper

Worshiper

#14725137 - 8 years ago

I think it all just depends on the game and my mood. Like in Halo, I usually prefer camping! (Cheep I know, but it's a legitimate stradegy!) However sometimes when I don't feel like being lazy I stick with my teammates and actually participate in battle! (You know, hunting down the enemy and running at them with guns firing like mad)

I've recently been getting into Crisis and I usually try to be more strategic and sneaky with that game. You know, become invisible and sneak up on the enemy slowly to try to take them out one by one.

And of course I also play like the poster above who said the "terrible style." I totally play like that all the time! lol