Forums > General Discussion

Sanity for Charity

Posts (7)

• iSayWhat

iSayWhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Plot Twist

#14778476 - 8 years ago

So basically I'm going to test my insanity while raising money for charity, you may ask how. Well have you ever seen those 10 hour videos on YouTube? Here's a playlist for you >PLAYLIST<.

So how I'm going to do it is, once I get enough people to know about this event I will host a live stream (as in real life) where I'm going to play 2 of the videos from the playlist.. All the way through, and I'm not allowed to quit. I will probably wear headphones so you guys don't go insane as well.

The reason I'm posting this is because I want people to choose the 2 videos I have watch and what charity/charities to donate the money raised to.. and of course to get this event thing more known, so what do you think?

Also couldn't figure out a category in the forum to place this so I just chose General Discussion.

Post edited 8/18/11 5:33PM

• TheFuror

TheFuror

#14778681 - 8 years ago

In reply to iSayWhat, #1:

You forgot a link there, didn't you?

• iSayWhat

iSayWhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Plot Twist

#14779278 - 8 years ago

Thanks I've fixed it,

• BlueEyedRay

BlueEyedRay

#14784626 - 8 years ago

This is pretty interesting, i don't think i've heard of anyone doing anything like this, if it pans out, kuddos to you!

• OGAnalWhore

OGAnalWhore

#14785075 - 8 years ago

I did something similar many years ago but with soap-operas. The only thing I ended up with was an addiction to "All My Children". FML! You might experience adverse affects... you've been warned.

• iSayWhat

#14785436 - 8 years ago

Just a quick update, I have submitted my application to Guinness Book of Records. It should take 4-6 weeks to get a response, but I have also been in contact with the owners of the videos that will be looped and all permissions granted!
    The money raised will be donated towards the support for people with mental disabilities and I have booked a doctors appointment to check if I am mentally fit to do this :)

• iSayWhat

#14790124 - 8 years ago

More Information Here