Forums > General Discussion

Rooster Teeth First

Posts (8)

• hunterofartemis

hunterofartemis FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Meg Pink

#33238990 - 3 years ago

What do you guys think of the changes to the sponsorship? If you don't know what they are I'll list them below.

-The 6 month price is changing from 15.99 to 19.99

-Since people thought the term "sponsorship" was confusing they are now changing it to "First"

-There is going to be a new tier called "First double gold membership"

-This new tier is going to cost 34.99 a month or 179.99 every 6 months

-The new tier includes all bonuses from the regular one and a monthly merchandise box that's worth 60+, exclusive contest and giveaways, 10% discount for the store, and early excess to vip ticket.

-The new tier starts July first. You can only get the first merchandise box at rtx. (You can sign up at rtx) But it starts officially for everyone August first.

●My opinions: I'm ok with the price change on the 6 month payment. I'm also ok with the name change. I'm not so fond of the new tier. The main reason the new tier is expensive is because of the merchandise box. I wish they had a separate subscription for the merchandise box. I'm interested in the new tier but I don't want the merchandise as I already have a lot and I don't want doubles of merchandise. So if they had separated the merchandise box and the new tier that would be best in my opinion.

• AWD_Caboose

AWD_Caboose Braaaap

#33238994 - 3 years ago

After being a sponsor for the past 10+years. Its a straight kick in the face going from $70 a year to $360 a year. I won't be continuing my sponsorship anymore nor will I ever contribute any more money to any of their causes. I feel like a idiot spending money of MillionDollarsBut.... There are tons of other lootcrate styles on the market for way less a year. I also feel they just separated the low class and high class now for members. That's the complete fucking opposite of what the term Community was about in this place.

• BattleFrog101

BattleFrog101 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold 2018 RTX Guardian

#33239007 - 3 years ago

Say what you will about the name change, Rooster Teeth has always been great at making changes that seem crappy at first, but turn out to make things run a whole lot smoother. For example, the change to the new site. There were a lot of community members who figured the new site would bring a separation between staff and community. But, as you can see, that hasn't occurred. Also, the joining of several communities besides Rooster Teeth. When it was announced that Rooster Teeth would be joining Fullscreen, everyone panicked. In reality, that only brought us better content.

I realize this seems a lot more personal (seeing as it's affecting the community directly, and dealing with money,) but I have every ounce of confidence that Rooster Teeth will make this change smooth and awesome.

A note about the new tier of "Sponsorship," the raised price is obviously due to the content that has been pouring out of this company, and I for one am happy to pay $5 more a month to help them do what they've done for me, but for others. As far as Double Gold goes, Rooster Teeth is doing what they do best: giving back. I would be happy to give more to them than I already am, and for them to make it public knowledge that is noted by the "Double Star" is simply a move to give back to the people who strive to give more. I realize that for some community members, that $15 a month is quite a bump. But besides the second star, Double Star gives you nothing but personal benefits. Things that wouldn't affect those who choose not to use it.

The name change... I can see why people aren't huge fans. But again, it's new. And Rooster Teeth is good at new.

• BattleFrog101

BattleFrog101 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold 2018 RTX Guardian

#33239010 - 3 years ago

In reply to AWD_Caboose

As far as separation of the classes...

I'm a college student working two jobs to pay for gas, food, and tuition. And I barely have enough to get by. I say this not to make my opinion "more" valid, but to say that I have been struggling with money for a while. Still, working up an extra $15 to give to a company who has given SO much to me isn't really hat big of a deal to me, I'd be happy to do it. And to think that if I do it, they'll reward me with even more stuff than I'm already getting? That sounds awesome, personally. And for those who wish to not participate, it really makes those who do no better.

Regarding the term "community"...

The community that is Rooster Teeth is about so much more than money. We pay to get to do more stuff, to receive more content, but the community is not sponsorship. It will never be, and has never been. Those who are sponsors are, of course, their own community. But the "Rooster Teeth" community is so much bigger than that. This change won't affect how wonderful this place is to come to, and just as I said in my post under yours, if it's negative in anyway, Rooster Teeth will fix it

• AWD_Caboose

AWD_Caboose Braaaap

#33239016 - 3 years ago

But the content is realistically not even worth the subscription anymore. Watching a video 24hrs before its on youtube isn't really a big deal when most of us like yourself are working during those hours and during livestreams. Or they throw up an unedited version of something. That's not worth the price hike. Also a 5-10% merch discount barely covers shipping costs. Again, it's not worth the cost of the sponsorship. The new change is going to divide the sponsors regardless, and all because of money, the root of all evil. I don't see this outcome going in a positive direction. But thanks for your opinion, and listening to mine. As sponsors we will make up our own minds on this eventually.

• BattleFrog101

#33239024 - 3 years ago

In reply to AWD_Caboose

Part of what I enjoy so much with this community is that we can state our opinions on things and they're actually listened to. By most people. So thank you for not only acknowledging that, but returning the favor.

One more quick argument, however:

I have never been able to buy a piece of Rooster Teeth merch because I couldn't afford a sponsorship and merch with shipping cost. I just couldn't... Now, I can combine those two things and meet a single goal, and I don't have to choose what I want to get. Honestly, this makes things a whole lot more cost effective for the people who want merch, but can't justify getting it individually. The whole separation of classes is an interesting idea, but again, I don't believe they will let that happen.

• dungeonduck

dungeonduck FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold A duck in a dungeon

#33239132 - 3 years ago

I don't like that the price is going up.

• RobDanaher

RobDanaher FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33239237 - 3 years ago

since I'm still on my free month of being a sponsor this change came as a surprise to me. Cost wise the few dollars more for the six months doesn't bother me even though I'm fresh out of college and still trying to get a stable job while paying off loans. The double gold membership is also a new concept but I don't think that the pricing is that bad considering that it is a loot box service plus all the perks of a sponsor. Definitely something I would be interested in getting.

In conclusion, I don't think that a 4 dollar increase to the six month model is going to through anyone into debt. We just need to remember that what Rooster Teeth does isn't cheap and that we are helping them keep this company alive. For the double gold edition, but it if you want the loot boxes and the membership, don't buy it if you don't want the loot boxes, you can always just do the normal member.