Forums > General Discussion

Introverted/shy people.

Posts (672)

• OptimusPine

OptimusPine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Vault Hunter

#33239215 - 3 years ago

Hello everybody! I wanted to make this group for the introverted or shy people on this site! I know it can be hard to find a good place to start when making your way into the community forums, especially with all the forums about making friends that already have loads of people in the middle of a discussion and it could be hard to join in on one with so many topics being discussed, I just wanted to make one where introverted or shy people can come into a place where there are people like them, where people can share stories with people who know and understand what it is like being in these situations and hopefully we can all make friends and also that having this safe place to discuss these can ultimately help people break out of there shells, even just a little bit.

• OptimusPine

OptimusPine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Vault Hunter

#33239225 - 3 years ago

With the introduction as to why i made this out of the way i'll just quickly introduce myself with hopes that people will actually join in :P, My name is Aaron, I wouldn't really call myself an introverted person, I do enjoy trying to get to know other people, I am just shy, don't really know how to start a conversation and will stop if slightly interrupted with that person not realising and keeps talking, and I come of as an introverted person, I am at a point where I don't want to go out by myself because in my mind it seems sad and makes me feel more lonely, and I don't want to bother people to do stuff a lot so I end up just spending most of my time alone in my room, I have tried to make friends via forums and groups on this site with little to no luck, I have talked to a couple people but I don't want to put effort into getting to know people if they aren't going to put any back, and I have made a couple of posts in the RT_ON group I am a part of with not really any response, so if anyone wants to discuss anything please feel free to either share a story of your experience or just try to make conversation with anyone if you don't want to share a story, but if you feel comfortable with sharing anything just know i'll always be here to listen, I might not have any advice being I know that having someone just listen to a problem that you have really does help you feel better at times, maybe not a lot better but it can definitely help out a little bit at least :)

• Evan_Harper

Evan_Harper FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Vaner12

#33239885 - 3 years ago

In reply to OptimusPine

I'm not that shy anymore but, I certainly was when I was younger. Is it still cool if I'm here?

• OptimusPine

#33239913 - 3 years ago

In reply to Evan_Harper

Yea of course, everyone is welcome! :)

• Evan_Harper

Evan_Harper FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Vaner12

#33239917 - 3 years ago

In reply to OptimusPine

Yay! I have been welcomed!

• OptimusPine

#33239922 - 3 years ago

In reply to Evan_Harper

lol, so what got you into rooster teeth?

• Evan_Harper

#33239933 - 3 years ago

In reply to OptimusPine

RvB is how I started. It was the Halo 3 Multiplayer map pack video they did.

• carboy66

carboy66 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Fuckin' Roombers

#33242776 - 3 years ago

Whoops

• carboy66

carboy66 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Fuckin' Roombers

#33242778 - 3 years ago

Hey, how are you guys? What got you into Rooster Teeth OptimusPine?

• OptimusPine

#33242823 - 3 years ago

In reply to carboy66

Hey, i'm doing fine, and yourself? and way back in the my cousin introduced me to RVB, then after a bit i stopped watching then about 3-4 years ago I found some of their stuff again and I have been watching ever since! What about you?

• ajchuri

ajchuri

#33242880 - 3 years ago

Hey guys, not really too introverted or shy (I can be both somethings) but haven't gotten into the community vibe as much as I want to.

• OptimusPine

#33243103 - 3 years ago

In reply to ajchuri

Yea I know how you feel man, I have tried to get into the community more but not a lot of luck, you are always welcome here! so what got you into RT?

• ajchuri

ajchuri

#33243461 - 3 years ago

Appreciate that, I've popped into a fair few forums trying to find my place, but most conversations seem about stuff I'm not really into so just quietly back out. My housemate at uni got me into them, he was a long time fan from RvB days I think and we found out one day that we both watched gaming videos and he just said check these guys out. After a fair bit of persuasion I started watching Lets Play Minecraft: On a rail, from then I was hooked

• OptimusPine

#33243547 - 3 years ago

In reply to ajchuri

Yea i know how you feel, not to mention there could be so many conversations going on at once, and that's cool! I've been pretty hooked myself :P, I pretty much stay up to date with just about all their content

• ajchuri

ajchuri

#33243702 - 3 years ago

In reply to OptimusPine

Yeah same, it's impressive to think that was about 3 years ago I started and apart some about couple of weeks recently I've watched most content. I pick and choose what to watch and avoid some shows, but I browse around. Yeah most forums I've gone into just are manga, anime type conversations, I have nothing against that just don't really watch any so can't interject and add a comment.

• OptimusPine

#33243717 - 3 years ago

In reply to ajchuri

Fair enough, and it is crazy to think about how long I have been watching, it feels like just a little while ago they started their minecraft series and they have over 200 episodes now

• ajchuri

ajchuri

#33243722 - 3 years ago

In reply to OptimusPine

Yeah it's crazy, in that first week I binged through minecraft 1 to whatever episode they were on, it was a good 12 odd hours of just minecraft videos

• carboy66

#33244156 - 3 years ago

In reply to ajchuri I'm currently in an airport so...eh, but hey, GOING HOME! I watched RvB when I was younger and fell in and out of that until I found the Achievement Hunters. Since then I've watched Rooster Teeth content almost everyday for the past four years, so I'm kind of hooked. Kind of. :P

What's your guys' favorite video? If that's too hard, then top three favorite?

• OptimusPine

#33244193 - 3 years ago

In reply to carboy66

just a little hooked ;P lol, It is definitely hard to narrow down even on three videos, but Offence Defence videos are definitely up there for me :P, how about you?

• Evan_Harper

#33244555 - 3 years ago

So how was everyone's weekend?!

• ajchuri

ajchuri

#33244564 - 3 years ago

In reply to Evan_Harper

Very Uneventful, work never stops when you're looking for work. How about yours?

In reply to carboy66

I've pretty much watched on and off for the past 3 years, often spending free days binge watching. Almost impossible to pick a top three. It's just so many random ones that I really enjoy, or just enjoy the combination of people on the LetsPlays or LetsWatch ones. I love the free roaming GTA V videos though and often get an odd sense of satisfactions when they do a Minecraft video where they gather all the supplies and actually do it properly. I did love the old Rainbow Six series and really enjoy the Siege LetsPlays they do.

• Evan_Harper

#33244571 - 3 years ago

In reply to ajchuri

My weekend was busy. I wasn't able to check into the forums and there were many notifications in all of them

• OptimusPine

#33244595 - 3 years ago

In reply to Evan_Harper

my weekend was alright, I booked this weekend off because I was suppose to go to RTX but didn't end up going, so it was a nice bit of time off of work

• Evan_Harper

#33244599 - 3 years ago

In reply to OptimusPine

Why weren't you able to go?

• ajchuri

ajchuri

#33244616 - 3 years ago

In reply to Evan_Harper

Yeah the site shut off notifications for the weekend due to optimisation of the website for RTX. When it all came back on I had like 3 notifications, it was almost overwhelming for me to deal with them haha.