Forums > General Gaming

Do you still play your old consoles?

Posts (130)

• Halonut1001

Halonut1001

#2944937 - 13 years ago

i actually have my N64 hooked up now because im trying to beat all my Zelda games.

just finised the first temple on Majora's Mask

• MomGamer

MomGamer

#2944975 - 13 years ago

Oh yeah! Genesis, Dreamcast, PSOne, 8086 PC games, you name it. We don't care as long as it's pixels in a row.

That Cool Spot thingy for Genesis is going to have to take another break behind the bookcase, though. The girls were playing it last night and I ended up dreaming about the damned thing.

• milesprower

milesprower 2005 Ten Years 2015

#2945615 - 13 years ago

I used to have my genesis...until the Sonic Mega Collection and Sonic Gems Colletion came out...hehe.

• Deathride

Deathride

#2946030 - 13 years ago

i dont even stil own my old consoles so the answer is no

• Exile650

Exile650

#2946424 - 13 years ago

My old consoles mistireously disappear on me all the time so no, I don't.

• MorrisseyMan

MorrisseyMan

#2946767 - 13 years ago

It's a shame when younger kids who grow up playing the next-gen consoles think that all games on the old consoles are boring and stupid, just because of their graphics. Hell, graphics are probably the last thing I look at in a game. I mean, just look at one of the most induring games of all: Tetris. That has some of the poorest graphics ever, just coloured blocks. However, everyone still plays it and is challenged by it.

Jus the other day, I was playing Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and some 11-year-old said, "What are you playing?". I said that I was playing Zelda. He then said, "Oh it looks crap. It has bad graphics."

I nearly jumped up and roundhouse kicked him to the face (ala Norris). There are a lot of brilliant games on N64, but just because of the poor graphics (in respect to todays graphics) the younger kids are just turning a blind eye on it. The kid had never even played Zelda before in his life.

• DarthDidious

DarthDidious

#2947904 - 13 years ago

Kids are stupid that's why. They don't appreciate the finer things in life. Its like old movies. Just because they're in black and white and don't have CGI special effects doesn't mean they suck you dumn kids!

• Turkish315

Turkish315

#2948802 - 13 years ago

I still play my old gaming systems every now and then. They had some really good games for the SNES and NES. I'll name a few...
    These are for the SNES
    Crono Trigger
    Breath of Fire
    Gradius
    Secret of Mana
    Zelda: A link to the Past
    Now for the NES
    The original Zelda
    Battle Toads
    Mario Bros. 1 2 and 3

So there you have it. 10 games that I believe are worth playing. Now those are just off the top of my head, there are plenty more. And yes, i still fo play my old gaming systems... Those were the classics that got me hooked in the first place.

• Jedi924

Jedi924

#2950116 - 13 years ago

Yes I play my old games, heck most of them are better than half the stuff made today. Right now I have my Genesis 32X and my N64 hooked up, but I usualy swap those two for my NES and SNES. If I could find my stupid adapter I'd pe playing my Atari 2600 rignt now.

• neuroticgrim

neuroticgrim

#2957390 - 13 years ago

actually yes i do i played an old intelvision the other day it was prettty fun. I also ull out my snes and the original nintendo when i really want to visit my child hood lol.

• oddeye

oddeye

#2958047 - 13 years ago

I got rid of my old consoles. If I had the space I would keep them, but then again I didn't play them often anyways. Fortunately the newer consoles are backwards compatable now.

• pckl300

pckl300

#2958508 - 13 years ago

In reply to MorrisseyMan, #32:

there are some great games out there with sucky graphics, (max payne) but now, graphics are one of the points that can make or break a game. people want to feel immersed, like they're actually there in the action. if they cant, some people just cant appreciate the game

• MorrisseyMan

MorrisseyMan

#2962552 - 13 years ago

In reply to pckl300, #38:

Yeah, I know. Those are the people that call themselves 'hardcore gamers', but they will only play games if they look good, or they are in sequels, not if they are good games. Now, this isn't a bad thing. Some games are pretty much graphic-orientated (Playboy Mansion, I'm looking at you). However, I think that those gamers are shallow people... Just because somethign looks bad doesn't mean that it is a crap game.

So, if there are any of these people out there reading this, just play a game with "crap" graphics. It might do you some good.

• darthyip

darthyip

#2964886 - 13 years ago

I still play my Dreamcast from time to time. My girlfriend has my PSOne, she loves playing Crash Bash. My Genesis is somewhere, I wouldn't mind playing some of those games again.

• alfon

alfon

#2965115 - 13 years ago

i somtimes play my ps1,n64,and genesis.

• apprentice

apprentice

#2966677 - 13 years ago

I guess people forget that the graphics on the older consoles were once "state of the art" most of the older games are so much more fun than some of the stuff released these days, probably because they're more about the game play, I still play my SEGA Genesis.

• DarthDidious

DarthDidious

#2967827 - 13 years ago

I remember when the original Star Fox came out for SNES. It was lightyears ahead of everything else, and I remember my jaw dropping when I first played it.

Prior to logging on to this site, I was playing the campaign to my newly installed Quake 4. We've come a long way.

• DarthSOup

DarthSOup

#2968589 - 13 years ago

Sega Genesis...originally got it when I was 3...that's alot of years of fun and I still play it.

- SOup

• Farmer

Farmer

#2985302 - 13 years ago

Yeah I still play Enhander and twisted metal for ps1
    and a ton of other games that would take a while to
    name

• agp_ecko

agp_ecko

#2985731 - 13 years ago

fuck no.
    worse graphics
    worse games.
    worse fun.

just lame.

• DarthDidious

DarthDidious

#2986409 - 13 years ago

See. That's what we're talkin about. You kids don't know what you missed out on. Spoiled brats!

• Shooting_101

Shooting_101

#2986797 - 13 years ago

You know, these kids in the forums don't know the history of gaming. Sure they are poor graphics and all, but what if William Higinbotham didn't discover video games on the oscilloscope? We would die of boredom and still channel surf on the tube. And you know why you complain about this and that? Well like DarthDidious said, all of you are spoiled brats, offering your parents to buy expensive ass console so you won't be left out of the popularity contest in video gaming. It's not who owns the damn consoles, but who can perform best at video games. This is what the father of gaming and god, William Higinbotham, wanted. To see who is pround of their gaming roots. So all of you who disagree, well... try to explain your way out of disgracing the father of gaming. As for me, yes I still play old consoles like the Atari and Nintendo 64 when I go back home.

• Grinwing

Grinwing

#2986974 - 13 years ago

I have lots of old consoles, going back to the intellivision and atari 2600. Don't get too much love though as I never have time. The arcade games get more love than the consoles do.

• Dude23

Dude23

#3029252 - 13 years ago

i love my nintendo 64 it still works.....Super Smash Brothers and Mario Kart 64 two of my favorite1

• _London_

_London_

#3033737 - 13 years ago

I still pull out the old N64 for some Mario Kart 64 when my friends are over on the weekends, always thought MK64 was the best game on the system.