Forums > General Gaming

Great games that no one has heard of.

Posts (111)

• DeputyKitteh

DeputyKitteh

#14805673 - 8 years ago

There are a lot of games that come out each year, but it seems most of us (myself included) really only hear about the big releases.

Even with the popularity of indie games rising at the moment, I still really only see the most popular ones come to the surface.

So this is for people who have found great games that, well, no one has heard of.

If you find a good game that has had little attention, whether it be new or old, it'd be great to know about it.

There was an old thread on this but it seems to have been deleted or something.

• jonathanlv

jonathanlv

#14805697 - 8 years ago

Cave Story is a pretty good game. It's free to.

• DeputyKitteh

DeputyKitteh

#14805699 - 8 years ago

In reply to jonathanlv, #2:

Care to add a link?

[EDIT] Never mind. Done it for you.

Post edited 9/01/11 5:38PM

• master720ful

master720ful

#14805756 - 8 years ago

Bastion? Its quite good...

• Gingeyy

Gingeyy

#14805783 - 8 years ago

Terraigma is to this day my favorite game and no one has heard of it. It is a SNES game, came out at the end of that consoles lifespan, and made by Square. It is supposedly part of the trilogy that includes "Soul Blazer" and "Legend of (Le?)Gaia".
    Terranigma is an over the top Zelda esque game where you play as Ark who has to go around restoring the world. The plot is very rich and it is just a super fun game to play. Torrent the emulator if you must.

• TheFuror

TheFuror

#14806494 - 8 years ago

I feel like Alpha Protocol has gone completely under the rug. I think it's an awesome game, I must have played it through at least three times. It is an action-rpg, focused on spies and intelligence agencies.

• ThePirateBuxton

ThePirateBuxton

#14806566 - 8 years ago

Aero Fighters Assault, I have never met anyone else who has ever played this game.

• RVBAgentCAL

RVBAgentCAL

#14806656 - 8 years ago

Castlevania everyone of its games are good but it seems like only i ever here about it
    if you play Castlevaniaplease say so (=

• TheThickCrow

TheThickCrow

#14806677 - 8 years ago

Revenge of the Titans, Alien Swarm (free), Bastion, Braid, Defense Grid, Frozen Synapse, Machinarium, Nation Red, Trine, Gattling Gears, JamesTown ...

• El_Salsa_Rey

El_Salsa_Rey FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14806758 - 8 years ago

In reply to RVBAgentCAL, #8:

I've played the second Soma Cruz one. I think it was Dawn of Sorrow?

• djagentdark

djagentdark

#14807230 - 8 years ago

Threads Of Fate for the Ps1. just finished playing it on my ps3 and loved it even more than I did when I was a kid.

Threads_Of_Fate_ntsc-front.jpg

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threads_of_Fate

• default_ex

default_ex

#14807350 - 8 years ago

The Granstream Saga for PS1. It was always a rare one to find, and it was a lot of fun despite the overly simplistic story.

Carnage Heart for PS1. Awesome tactical mech combat game. Not only did you direct the combat as if you were a general commanding his troops, you also built the mechs using a very detailed customization system.

Simon the Sorcerer for PC-DOS. A point'n'click adventure game which took a lot of shots at various fairy tales. Lots of witty humor from the sarcastic sorcerer anti-hero. Wasn't really hard to find, just came out when PC gaming was still unspoiled by large corporations.

Stay Tooned for PC-WIN95. It was kinda like mario party, lots of minigames, except it had a really nice twist. The game came bundled with a couple pairs of high quality anaglyph 3d glassed (red-blue, but clear lenses).

Slob Zone for PC-WIN95. It's like Doom except with trailer trash farm animals. Think South Park meets original Doom game. The weapons were just as comical as the phrases and sounds.

Secret of the Stars for SNES. Really nice sci-fi RPG for it's time. It featured a wide open game world where the only reason you couldn't go somewhere was only because you weren't leveled/equipped for it. The robots you get later in the game to customize (via equipment) was really well done. The name may sound familiar to anime fans, but the game is not based on the anime at all.

Lagoon for SNES. Action adventure (zelda-like) game which was ridiculously long. The game world was very detailed for an SNES game.

• Tangero

Tangero FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14808989 - 8 years ago

Two 360 games I'd say most people haven't heard of: Vanquish and Metro 2033. Both have a decent enough story and really fun gameplay mechanics

• Gingeyy

Gingeyy

#14809035 - 8 years ago

Also! Radiant Historia is another one of my favorite games that came out not so long ago near the end of the DS time. It is another RPG with such a rich and fun story. Its such a brilliant game and it makes me sad that it probably will never be given the credit it deserves.

• djagentdark

djagentdark

#14809040 - 8 years ago

In reply to Gingeyy, #14:

Looks good. I might have to check it out

• Gingeyy

Gingeyy

#14809041 - 8 years ago

Do it.

• Mandalore60

Mandalore60

#14809055 - 8 years ago

Shadom Complex was a good side-scrolling shooter game.

• ThePirateBuxton

ThePirateBuxton

#14809569 - 8 years ago

In reply to djagentdark, #11:

That was one of the first games I got when I got a ps2 the other was silent scope.

• KilamonJaru

KilamonJaru

#14809977 - 8 years ago

One of the best games I ever played was called Fat Princess. I'd play it everyday if I owned a PS3. It was sorta like a class based capture the flag type thing... Its hard to explain, so I suppose I'll just leave this for anyone who is interested.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFtfQ1tjr3I

• BaldJJ

BaldJJ FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Oh so spicy

#14811388 - 8 years ago

Ghost Trick on DS

If you can manage to find it in-stock anywhere.

• Aidref

Aidref

#14811546 - 8 years ago

In reply to master720ful, #4:

Bastion? Its quite good...

I wouldn't call it unheard of, it's on the front page of steam, got a lot of positive reviews from big media outlets like Machinima and the like plus it was the first game from the Summer of Arcade for the 360 which gets a lot of advertisement before it's release :)

• Krellyn

Krellyn

#14811730 - 8 years ago

It was said already, but I'm going to explain just how much I love this game:

Cave Story

It is, hands down, the best single player RPG I have ever played. The story is really involved. The character's mystery is displayed very well.

Without spoiling anything, the main character starts off with no memory of how and why he ended up where he is. You feel the very same way until the story is brought to life throughout the game.

It's a great experience, and a fantastic game.

I will say, however, that I am not too excited about Cave Story coming to the Nintendo 3DS, simply because I'm the type of gamer who loves to play those hidden gems still knowing not many people know the game; But that's just an arrogance thing.

• TheThickCrow

TheThickCrow

#14820060 - 8 years ago

In reply to Krellyn, #22:

I this the game You're talking about?

That looks really good, and is it a free game, or am I just finding dodgy links?

• Bobomcgraw

Bobomcgraw

#14820359 - 8 years ago

I always loved Shadow Hearts on the PS2.
    Voice acting was atrocious but the story was good and the atmosphere was excellent.

• Gingeyy

Gingeyy

#14826859 - 8 years ago

Another great game was called Alundra 2 for PS1. I loved the hell out of that game as a kid. Alundra_2_Pal.jpg