Forums > General Gaming

Some one dun goofed...

Posts (4)

• jries

jries

#14921104 - 7 years ago

Well, I can assure you atleast one person lost there job.... How does one delete an MMO? The Japanese MMO M2 went down for maintenance and well...never game up. The game got some how deleted. Article below.

www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114155-Server-Screw-Up-Kills-MMO

Post edited 11/11/11 12:11AM

• HalloweenBlu

HalloweenBlu

#14924666 - 7 years ago

That's embarrassing to say the least. I wonder how much the average gamer had invested in to this game through micro-transactions? I'm sure this is seriously going to damage their future in the MMO market, I mean, what gamer is going to want to invest in their micro-transaction structure when they have a record for accidentally deleting the game?

• jries

jries

#14925135 - 7 years ago

The worst part is the "conditional refund" part, I mean, I don't know what the conditions are, but I feel as though players should get a full refund. That won't bring back the time spent on the game, but it would be nice to get the money you have invested in it back (Some players may have even spent thousands). This is really going to hurt their track record, especially since they didn't have the common sense to have a backup of the game. You'd think with THAT much at stake, you would take every precaution you would, now they have probably lost a lot of support from fans, income, as well as ruined a lot of their reputation.

• TheCatman

TheCatman

#14925769 - 7 years ago

Well that sucks, but most game companies actually have backups, and servers that I doubt would ever fail because they are so regularly maitenced. This was just a small company.