Forums > General Gaming

Post Here If You Love Destiny

Posts (34)

• c4t1t0n1c

c4t1t0n1c

#17135218 - 4 years ago

I hold no disappointments in Destiny. That is probably because I held no expectations for it though. I played it and instantly loved it. Post your opinions on Destiny here.

• W0rsley

W0rsley

#17135868 - 4 years ago

I'm in the same boat as you where I tried not to pay attention to Destiny before it released because games with that amount of hype rarely live up to expectations.

I loved playing the game, I thought that gun play was great and it made the multiplayer the strongest part of the game for me, some of the superpowers (is that what they're called?) would get annoying, especially with the hunter, but everyone had access to them so it was fair. I thought there could have been a better mixture of game modes, CTF would have been awesome for example, but yeah multiplayer was still really fun.

I thought the PvE was hit and miss, at the beginning it was fantastic because of how good the gun play was and how amazing the AI was but after completing the game and doing a few strikes it just became the same thing over and over. The raid was fun but it wasn't enough to keep me playing the game.

I also didn't think the loot was exciting enough, if you play Diablo or an MMO like WoW there's such a variety in loot and you get excited for a drop, in Destiny it just all seemed a bit boring, guns were basically the same except slight difference in stats. I also hated the fact you could only have 1 exotic weapon and armor equipped at once, what's the point in grinding to get exotics if I can only wear on at a time.

Basically I loved playing the game the first time through, fighting AI was fun and it's my favourite multiplayer game for the new generation, but after a while it became too repetitive and I was enjoying it less and less. Would still recommend buying for the experience though.

• c4t1t0n1c

c4t1t0n1c

#17135994 - 4 years ago

Someone who holds the great philosophy of "With Expectations There Cannot Be Disappointments". I like it!
    btw: They are called supers

• W0rsley

W0rsley

#17136039 - 4 years ago

In reply to c4t1t0n1c, #3:

Holy shit thanks, I've been wondering what they were called for a while now, and yeah I'm going to try and take this stance on more games now, looking forward to a game and it failing is such a bad feeling.

Post edited 10/23/14 10:56PM

• ChrisKnock

ChrisKnock

#17136474 - 4 years ago

Fix your f'n game Bungie!

• JDReedy

JDReedy FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Senpai

#17137052 - 4 years ago

The game was a bit of a disappointment at first but as I started playing with friends I started to love it.

• Neil

Neil

#17151229 - 4 years ago

I love it. I'm a huge Halo fan so playing it felt incredibly natural. I love how all the weapons feel, I love the maps (though wish there were a couple more planets), I love the way the environments look, I love the various enemy classes, I love playing the Strikes with friends, and I even love the vague and ambiguous story! It leaves so much open to interpretation and has me asking more and more questions whenever I think about it.

Can we really trust The Speaker? We just kind of get brought back from the dead and have to assume he is indeed the most reliable communicator with The Traveler. What is The Traveler? I thought we might venture to its base at some point, but instead it's a distant landmark - does it give off some euphoric energy? Hell, why don't we even get to traverse The Last City? Something doesn't feel right...

However... I do have major issues. I get Error Code Bee 95% of the time I play in The Crucible. I have been able to finish maybe ten games, and the sad thing is that I really enjoyed what little I played of it. I also can not participate in the Raid because I constantly get disconnected (Error Code Bee), so I have sadly given up with Destiny. If I didn't get Error Code Bee (or got it very seldom) then I would play as much as I could. Sadly, the constant disconnections means I'm not going to bother buy any DLC they release.

• Ru88erduck

Ru88erduck

#17151817 - 4 years ago

I don't love it, yet I find myself on it every night playing the hell of it. It's a bad habit that I'm trying to get rid of.

• c4t1t0n1c

c4t1t0n1c

#17151864 - 4 years ago

In reply to Neil, #7:

This game actually fixed the abandonment issues that Bungie left me with when they gave Halo to 343. As for the story I agree, I am a huge fan of the story; I like stories akin to Dark Souls and Destiny, where in you have to find or fashion the story.

• Awak

Awak

#17153493 - 4 years ago

I enjoy doing the Raids. Hit level 30 last night, not really much else to play for now

• c4t1t0n1c

c4t1t0n1c

#17153955 - 4 years ago

In reply to Awak, #10:

I love the "for now" part of your sentence. So excited for future content.

• jfrets

jfrets

#17156653 - 4 years ago

I had a few disappointments but that didn't make me hate it. I still love it and have put a week on it so it is still a fantastic game.

• ausolly

ausolly

#17157961 - 4 years ago

I loved it, until the hardmode raid broke my heart last night by giving my two chest pieces for being the templar... y u do dis RNGesus. But really, it's pretty fun playing with friends, I imagine I'd get bored fairly quickly playing by myself.

• Steveo9286

Steveo9286

#17161206 - 4 years ago

In reply to c4t1t0n1c, #9:

Yes because having to, essentially, resort to fanfiction writing for a game is a great design philosophy! I understand Bungie's "We want it to be YOUR story!" pitch, but guess what? There was really nothing there to make a story out of, and if I really wanted to "make my own story" I'd find a group to play a tabletop style game with. Or maybe I'd write my own, because I doubt I could do much worse than Bungie with this offering.

In reply to c4t1t0n1c, #11:
    All for only $19.99 each, or you can get a GREAT DEAL and get BOTH planned expansions for the low, low price of $34.99! No thanks! At least some of this content should have been in the initial release, but hell Activision is going to be laughing their asses off on the way to the bank with Destiny DLC, CoD: AW's release and future map packs, and the new WoW expansion coming out.

Let me just say this to, I actually LIKED Destiny for the first week or two, but then the stupid and unrewarding grinding kicked in, and I put the emphasis on "unrewarding" because I have played plenty of games that are grindfests. The loot system was, and still is, completely fucked. The multiplayer is ok, but has nowhere near enough maps or game modes. The social aspect of Destiny is basically non-existant, and the lack of matchmaking for "hard" content is just unforgivable. In short Bungie released an UNFINSHED product. Feel free to flame me now.

• c4t1t0n1c

c4t1t0n1c

#17161427 - 4 years ago

In reply to Steveo9286, #14:

It has an MMORPG type base where the vanilla game is just a shell for the upcoming additions. This is only the beginning for a game that is supposed to last ten years. Be calm, they are just trying to make the game as good as possible and ensure its longevity. WoW does not have much of a story to its base game and its launch release was not really all that good, look at it now.

• Steveo9286

Steveo9286

#17162478 - 4 years ago

In reply to c4t1t0n1c, #15:

At least WoW gives you free (albeit slow) updates with actual content after you buy the Expansion, which in themselves gives you a decent amount of new content. Yes you have to figure in the subscription fee, but still. In regards to the story, yes WoW has always had a weak story, but it's still more present than what Destiny has.As for Bungie's ten year plan, that's all well and good, but it's still no excuse to release Destiny in its clearly unfinished state, and then ask for money equal to half to 2/3 the cost of the original game for "expansions", when it's not adding nearly that much content.

Post edited 11/02/14 6:48PM

• MrDakota

MrDakota

#17163258 - 4 years ago

My thoughts on this game are everything I wanted it to be. With only just getting the game yesterday and playing it for almost six hours straight. I enjoy the game, very much so. I just bought my Xbox One yesterday. Got the Sunset Overdrive bundle, but I wanted something else to play. I've been reading up on Destiny and seen the huge hype for it. So I got it.

What I love about this game is, it does everything Defiance didn't do right. (Don't get me wrong, Loved Defiance but it needed a lot of work.). I feel that Destiny fixed those problems, we have those 'Zone Events' that draw people around the zone to help. You have the City to interact with other players of the game. Then you have the stats and gear looting system. Not to mention this game has great soundtrack, graphics and just makes you feel like you're sucked into the game.

The only problem I foresee with Destiny is the end game content, which is the fall for all games like this. But we shall see what the folks at Bungie have in store for the game and how they keep the game alive. I'm sure it will probably be more raids with lower loot chances of good gear or harder raids with higher loot chances.

TL;DR Love the shit out of this game. All around great game, but I take my time to enjoy the little things. Just hope they will add a bit more end content as I see that is the majority reason people sway away from game and play something else.

• c4t1t0n1c

c4t1t0n1c

#17165561 - 4 years ago

In reply to Steveo9286, #16:

You seem angry, that destroys objectivity, Destiny never the less is still great. WoW updates do not add as much new content as you say nor are free. If you factor in the months between updates anything over two months will cost more than a Destiny expansion due to the subscription fee, and the expansion gives more content than any WoW update.

• Steveo9286

Steveo9286

#17165922 - 4 years ago

In reply to c4t1t0n1c, #18:

Yes I am rather angry with Destiny, no argument about that, but I have backed up my reasons, so I would hardly say it destroys objectivity any more than your blanket "it's still great." I will grant you that Destiny's gameplay foundation is great as far as movement and gunplay, it just does almost everything else with absolute mediocrity to downright ineptitude.

As for the WoW comparison I did mention the subscription fee, and with the length between updates you probably are right when it comes to cost, but the updates themselves are free (ie new raids in major content patches). I say that WoW adds more content because the vast majority of the time they add some new quests, faction grinds (ugh admittedly) but with the raids, they take far longer than Destiny's current offering. (I will be fair and say that may change since we only have the one to go by currently) but the hard modes actually force a major change in strategy, thus offering more replayability. Add in the fact that the loot system for Destiny is still absolutely horrendous, and well there you go.

This may be a time where we will just have to agree to disagree on Destiny's quality, and maybe I'll end up picking it up again some point down the road when I hear they have gotten their acts together. In any event if you like the game, then enjoy it!

• c4t1t0n1c

c4t1t0n1c

#17167812 - 4 years ago

In reply to Steveo9286, #19:

Have a nice day.

• JDReedy

JDReedy FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Senpai

#17169335 - 4 years ago

Destiny made me miserably angry yesterday because of that fucking Cryptarch.

• TheConductor

TheConductor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17169831 - 4 years ago

Me and my friends all agree that we are in a abusive relationship with destiny.

• JDReedy

#17172816 - 4 years ago

In reply to TheConductor, #22:

You couldn't describe that better.

• epzi10n

epzi10n

#17185245 - 4 years ago

In reply to c4t1t0n1c, #1:

I held this game to great expectation, but still love the game.

• DVaughn22

DVaughn22 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17209876 - 4 years ago

I purposely left myself in the dark when it came to this game. I saw the first teaser for it last year and decided that I was going to play this game and then completely blocked it out. Well, it finally launched and that got me to finally order an XB1. And god damn... I have played it wayyy too much. Something about it was perfect for my gaming enjoyment. It's (to me, personally) the perfect hybrid of rpg and fps. Obviously it has flaws. What game doesn't? I still enjoy the hell out of it.