Forums > General Gaming

Xbox headsets

Posts (16)

• Joe4rt

Joe4rt FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33119338 - 3 years ago

i am currently looking into improving my headset from the standard option you get with a new xbox one, ideally i wish xbox allowed you to use a wireless Bluetooth option like on the 360 so if anyone knows how to get one of these to work on the new console it would be highly appreciated.

Knowing this is unlikely i was hoping for some feedback/info on headsets other people use. Main concern is i dont want to spend too much money so going over £100 isnt ideal.

• kirstenxo

kirstenxo FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Miles Luna Fangirl

#33120920 - 3 years ago

I currently use Turtle Beach XO Fours and I really like them for the "cheaper" end of the scale. My only gripe is I have the original Xbox One controller and with the adapter mine cuts out sometimes during gameplay which can get slightly annoying because I have to restart the whole controller

• Joe4rt

Joe4rt FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33121532 - 3 years ago

How much do they cost roughly?

Also i have a og controller too so will need to use an adapter,do you have to reset it regularly

• kirstenxo

kirstenxo FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Miles Luna Fangirl

#33121554 - 3 years ago

In reply to JoeNicholas

Depending on where you get it from between about £55-70. I got mine when they went on sale for about £60.

Not regularly for a fault of the headset though I had a slightly issue recently where it crackled and then I had no sound but it was a fault with the adapter so main issue is that not the headset

• Joe4rt

#33123189 - 3 years ago

Is that one you can get from game? As i have £40 in store credit to spend there so it would be easier to get from there.

Also does it play in game sound and party or just one of

• kirstenxo

#33123230 - 3 years ago

In reply to JoeNicholas

I think you can, I'm not sure though best to check the site. And it plays both but you can adjust them so that one is louder than the other.

• Joe4rt

#33123352 - 3 years ago

yeah ill have a look, thats just me being lazy not doing so myself lol

Im glad you can adjust though as i have not tried one with game audio too so not sure what its like

• AimedLime

AimedLime

#33124099 - 3 years ago

I've got a pair of Turtle Beach Ear Force Stealth 420X (currently on amazon for £109). They're wireless (using a dongle, so you lose a USB port, if that's important to you).

Sound quality is decent, with game and chat audio volume controlled separately, along with a mute button on the headphone. Batteries are built in and rechargeable, I don't use it every day, but when I have, I've had 12 hours of gaming over a 3 day period before needing to plug in.

The only gripe I have with them is that the cups are a little undersized, for me, so if you have bigger than average ears, then they can be uncomfortable after a while (but up to and including 3 hours continual wear are ok for me). Obviously, a little over your price range, but I'm happy with them.

• Joe4rt

#33124191 - 3 years ago

Well i dont mind the price if they are worth it but struggling to find many to convince me to spend too much.

When you say completely wireless in what manner do you mean? The reason i ask is I have seen similar posts but it still needed a cable between the controller and headset,they just mean the controller was witeless

• AimedLime

AimedLime

#33124494 - 3 years ago

There's a USB cable for charging when not in use, but the audio is transmitted to the headphones via a wireless dongle that plugs into the XBone. I think they claim a 10 m range, but in my house it's considerably less (I can't be 10 m away from anything in my flat), but there's obviously some interference from walls and other electronics.

There's no connection at all between the headset and the controller (I had the one that comes with the XBone that failed due to a wiring issue, so I didn't want to go that way again).

As I say though, if you have big ears like me, then they can be a little uncomfortable after extended use (4+ hour destiny binges, etc.).

Forgot to say as well, sound quality is excellent and my voice seems to carry well through the mic (after some playing with the position to ensure that there's no heavy breathing).

• Joe4rt

#33126552 - 3 years ago

do these turtle beach headsets needs the new xbox one audio/stereo controller adapter

• AimedLime

AimedLime

#33126653 - 3 years ago

The one I have (stealth 420X) don't. They come with their own USB bluetooth adapter (plugs into the XBone) so there's no link to the controller at all. Volume controls and mute, etc, are on the ear-cups. Can't speak for the ones Kirsten recommended.

• AimedLime

AimedLime

#33126654 - 3 years ago

In reply to JoeNicholas

Let me know if you'd like any pics of the setup.

• Joe4rt

#33126776 - 3 years ago

I think i will be trying the one you suggested as it's completely wireless and i have £40 in game to spend,i also have a brand new adapter i can return then for another £20.

Its a hard choice between that and my old 360 small bluetooth one as someone makes a Bluetooth adaptor for £60

• Joe4rt

#33133283 - 3 years ago

In reply to AimedLime

Thanks for the recommendation,i went for yours as it was wireless and even though i have one used properly once so far i have enjoyed using it

• AimedLime

AimedLime

#33133431 - 3 years ago

Glad you're liking them :)