Forums > Grifball

Grif Stadium GB Release w/ Screenshot

Posts (32)

• pandson89

pandson89

#8887377 - 11 years ago

ts a new map for grif ball i made it burnie pointed out a few flaws so what i did was fix um so here you go its in my file shae in the link below enjoy thanks for the chance to make it right

www.bungie.net/stats/Halo3/FileShare.aspx?gamertag=C0LDH3ARTED

17773139-Full-1.jpg
    Click For Full Rez

• lordcanti493

lordcanti493

#8887693 - 11 years ago

fixed

Post edited 1/02/08 7:27PM

• BobSalawalatski

BobSalawalatski

#8888256 - 11 years ago

I forged and noticed a couple of things.

The teleporter up top was turned towards one of the goals, which is an infair advantage, so I turned it. I also centered the spawn point for the ball and put cones on either side of it.

At one end, there was a hole the ball could go though, so I fixed that, and then added more cones to each end.

I haven't uploaded it to fileshare yet. I'll do that later.

• superguy727

superguy727

#8888341 - 11 years ago

It still seems too small for 4v4, and that spectator cage won't work.

• Desvoh

Desvoh

#8888371 - 11 years ago

Heh, looks nice.

• Charliez

Charliez

#8888601 - 11 years ago

Wow, that DOES look cool. The spectator box also looks nice, but unfortunately it's unusable. Still, I'm really impressed by the job you've done. GG.

• Phoenixrage

Phoenixrage FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#8888734 - 11 years ago

I had my doubts when you opened with "I have a new grifball map" as those words have made me shudder lately. However, that screenshot leaves me very tempted. It has a very crisp look to it, I'd be proud to bludgeon people to death on that court. The spectator cages, though useless, give it a nice touch but I'd be worried be worried that people could get launched into the cages so I'd probably nix them. Otherwise, very awesome job, let me know when a final version is ready.

• BeastishMode

BeastishMode

#8888768 - 11 years ago

Good job, I like the creativity

I also have a Grifball Stadium which I think is perfect for the game, I'll be posting it tomorrow

• pandson89

pandson89

#8888815 - 11 years ago

thanks guys and please dont change my maps i work hard on them and they are fine they done need changes ill look into the holes for the ball but thats it besides the teleporter is there for looks it dosent serve anyreal function since you cant gt out of the map as a spartan

• Phoenixrage

Phoenixrage FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#8888855 - 11 years ago

I'd probably still make sure the teleporter is turned away from either end zone in case of that 1/500 spawn that seems to occur outside the map. The bomb spawn point I'd only worry about if the routes from matching opposing spawn points couldn't reach the bomb spawn point at the same time (ie two closest Red Spawns to plant point match two closest Blue's, two furthest Red Spawns to plant match two furthest Blue's).

• pandson89

pandson89

#8889515 - 11 years ago

lol spawns are equal ish

• shadow1O16

shadow1O16

#8889594 - 11 years ago

yo i need a favor from somebody. if anyone has the current grifball format and map in their file share on halo3 let me know cause i need it because i do not have my windows live id so let me know if anyone could add it to their file share for like 5 min thanks :)

• Phoenixrage

#8892331 - 11 years ago

Find GT grifball, it's the silver account that holds the official game/maps for Grifball.

• BobSalawalatski

BobSalawalatski

#8892725 - 11 years ago

Yeah, I thought the same thing. This map is extremely cool.

And even if the spectator boxes are unusable during a tournament, they're still quite usable in Forge for team practice.

And they would also make for some very cool shots of the action if the camera could get in them.

I love how the boxes divide the field into sections with lines like a footbal field.

• WarFighter

WarFighter

#8892969 - 11 years ago

This arena has a very good feel to it. Sadly, it looks too small for Grifball.
    Well, that would change the way of playing...

Thats what GB Map variants should be like. Adding a twist to the game, so its not just another place to play.
    Good work. And I hope those Spectator boxes work soon.

• BeastishMode

BeastishMode

#8895343 - 11 years ago

In reply to WarFighter, #16:

I agree with you for adding a twist to the game

That's why in my map that I created it has man cannons in the four corners of the map (generally made for strategy play), I would have a thread for it with pics but I cannot make a thread for it

• Charliez

Charliez

#8895434 - 11 years ago

Man cannons might make it too easy to score. Both the weapons in Grifball are melée, so you couldn't shoot someone out of the air.

• BeastishMode

BeastishMode

#8895469 - 11 years ago

In reply to Charliez, #18:

That maybe, but if the ball carrier or player uses it, they'd most likely become a good target. Also, the stadium that I have is different from the oringinal Grifball field and pandson's

If someone could make the thread for me I would show the pics for it

• pandson89

pandson89

#8895494 - 11 years ago

ill make the tread so you could discuss this in your own topic lol

• Relinquish38

Relinquish38

#8900039 - 11 years ago

In reply to Charliez, #18:

But of course, people tend to camp in the middle where the mancannons spit the other teams and just smoke them as they come down. It all depends on angles and positions of mancannons. The idea is usable.

• lionexx

lionexx

#8902680 - 11 years ago

In reply to pandson89, #1:

Downloaded can't wait to try tomorrow!

• BobSalawalatski

BobSalawalatski

#8923027 - 11 years ago

I know exactly what this map would be awesome for.

Machinima.

Grifball is such a phenomenon that I think I can safely have my characters play a game or two.

I still need to actually start writing it again, though. I've got a very long ways to go before production...

If I do decide to write in Grifball, can I use this map? You'll get a credit at the end.

• Relinquish38

Relinquish38

#8927498 - 11 years ago

In reply to NotABluetard, #23:

What makes this any better than the standard court for machinima?

• thmrlm

thmrlm

#8927594 - 11 years ago

looks awesome, gonna have to try it out!

• BobSalawalatski

BobSalawalatski

#8927601 - 11 years ago

In reply to Relinquish38, #24:

The standard court is blank and featureless.

This one is a cool arena and has the spectator boxes on the sides.