Forums > Grifball

Grifball All-Star Game

Posts (16)

• infiltrate

infiltrate

#8984930 - 11 years ago

Would anyone else like to see a Grifball All-Star game after the GBWL Championship game? I was thinking getting the top 8 players from the league, based on bomb scores, K/D Spreads, Batting Avg. ect, having two captains (top 2 players) and have them choose they're team.

Any more ideas? List them here.

• SpudHead

SpudHead

#9170348 - 11 years ago

I was actually thinking this.

I think that Burnie could probably create two equal teams. He'd split up the top 6 tankers and then take the best two tankers.

Maybe not necessarily based on stats, but based on the playoffs too. If someone with great stats ends up being really bad in the playoffs, maybe they don't make it.

Or they could have voting. The RT population could account for something like 50% of the vote and the team captains could account for the other 50%.

Just some ideas.

• prospect2

prospect2

#9171716 - 11 years ago

Yeah I like Spud's idea of having a vote but how would they do that?

• SpudHead

SpudHead

#9174033 - 11 years ago

It would probably have to be done through email.

• prospect2

prospect2

#9174274 - 11 years ago

Oh maybe they could have a section on the website for voting. It could have each position then show the players who are highest in all of them. All you would have to do would compare then click. You would probaly know who is good and who isn't anways.

• SpudHead

SpudHead

#9174288 - 11 years ago

Yea, but then people would probably vote multibple times.

• Phoenixrage

Phoenixrage FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#9174465 - 11 years ago

Each division votes for its top three players. This pulls 27 players voted on by the people who played with/against them. Split them up into a Blue All-Stars and Red All-Stars roster via whatever method into two teams of twelve players (the 25-27 picks would act as alts for either camp). Run three rounds of 5pts each for the All-Star Games, with four different players each time from that pool's roster (making the 12 player roster choose carefully on how to arrange their talents).

That's my proposal for an All-Star Game arrangement.

• SpudHead

SpudHead

#9174480 - 11 years ago

That's actually a pretty good idea.

It only took me 3 times reading through it to understand it.

• Phoenixrage

Phoenixrage FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#9174636 - 11 years ago

That's good, you can explain my idea to me then since I just kinda winged something with lots of numbers and capitalized words together.

• SpudHead

SpudHead

#9174705 - 11 years ago

Yea, i'd rather not.

Instead, i'll just say that you could have division all star teams, but with your idea of voting and stuff. Being selected to the all star team could just be an honor, or if you want your all star team captain(the player with the most votes to get in) could challenge other all star teams to matches.

• Phoenixrage

#9174911 - 11 years ago

The twelve person roster was made specifically so that the top 24 voted players would be used. The three alts being available for either team was so that there's a better chance for them being used, and it's still an honor to have been selected for a pro bowl.

The league player voted system I really like since it's a really nice nod from your fellow competitors for your abilities and professionalism throughout the season. I thought of going with the 3game 5pt classic method instead of doing all star divisional teams as a suggestion since it keeps it down to simple quick three games instead of having to arrange matches between nine squad and promotes a bit of camaraderie since you get to play side by side with people you've seen or heard of from around the but that were outside of your division.

• prospect2

prospect2

#9176083 - 11 years ago

Yeah I think that is a great idea also. One thing you would have to do is before the next season just seperate them into conferences. The only problem with that is the way the playoffs are set right now. I think they should change the playoffs into two seperate sides, representing each conference. You would just have 1-8 on each side and it would make it count more.

• TheHolmcross

TheHolmcross

#9177422 - 11 years ago

As much as I'd love to see a Grifball All-Star Game, I'd be just as satisfied if there was an MVP award or something and maybe a top 5 plays of the season.

• menz33

menz33

#9177803 - 11 years ago

I really like Phoenix's original idea. The confusing one.

• hallas13

hallas13

#9256299 - 11 years ago

i hope there is a playoff highlight real

• sirhalo

sirhalo

#9257999 - 11 years ago

i think the roster would be
    team 1
    lagtardcamper
    shadow s16
    blade4824
    JOE PRO V2

team 2
    andrew panton
    lord stanly2
    kinross07
    x sNe x BuFF

when i went throught the stats those where the top 6 tanks and 2 best trick runners