Forums > Halo 3

New Achievements Coming Out With AU2

Posts (71)

• hey36

hey36

#10927859 - 10 years ago

Bungie recently confirmed that the new achievements for Halo 3 will be released with Auto Update 2 later this month.

What are your thoughts on these new achievements?

• HellfireX12

HellfireX12

#10937678 - 10 years ago

I think that it's a really dumb idea. Especially those EXTREMELY WEIRD ones that give you 0 gamerscore.

But I have a question... Do you need 1000 gamerscore to get Security and Katana, or is it still going to be measured by getting ALL of the old achievements? Because Overkill and Steppin Razor are the only 2 I have left to get (and I've had the game since it first came out, so that's kinda sad...), but I'm still not sure if the other achievements count toward Security armor. Does anybody know?

• Sircatnipman

Sircatnipman

#10937944 - 10 years ago

I think the armor was tied to the original 49 achievements.

• Mike

Mike FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Feed Me Memes

#10938180 - 10 years ago

This is good. Gives me a reason to play Halo 3 again!

• WelshRyan

WelshRyan

#10939260 - 10 years ago

It makes me wan't to play Halo 3 some more, even though I only need 5 more achievables! :D

• Joe_2

Joe_2

#10939805 - 10 years ago

I just may play Halo again.

• mero90

mero90

#10941076 - 10 years ago

In reply to HellfireX12, #2:

yes you only need 1000 to get the armour but it shouldnt really be that hard, it just takes time

• valosweet666

valosweet666

#10942962 - 10 years ago

In reply to mero90, #7:

Its locked to the first 49 like already said. Every one who earned that stuff would be pissed if people were getting it for some new achievements. Maybe Bungie will have some thing new for having every all the new and old ones tho! Elites still have nothing special for armour.

• HellfireX12

HellfireX12

#10944205 - 10 years ago

In reply to valosweet666, #8:

That sucks. Because no matter how many times I play Lone Wolves, I've only gotten a swords game once, and the game was over in LITERALLY 20 seconds because there was a hacker who just kept swinging his sword and everyone else died every time he did. And plus, on the maps that DO have swords, everyone is ALWAYS on opposite sides of the map so I can't get a triple kill. And that trend carries on to non-sword games, making it harder to get overkill. If only you could get the Overkill achievement in a team game... I would have had it already...

• honkvsblarg

honkvsblarg

#10946555 - 10 years ago

In reply to HellfireX12, #9:

if i can do it you can, i live in australia and the best reception we get is yellow, try getting stepping razor and 2 for 1 when you don't know the actual location of the other players

• UberSquirrel

UberSquirrel

#10946619 - 10 years ago

In reply to hey36, #1:

I'm glad that Bungie made this move actually. It'll be nice to have a reason to go back and play Halo 3 for some more achievements (confirmed 250 gamerscore total, but rumored 750). What's especially cool is that the confirmed achievements are able to be unlocked in ranked and social gametypes, which is good because I can't stand ranked.

• hey36

hey36

#10948887 - 10 years ago

In reply to UberSquirrel, #11:

Totally agree. Social FTW!

• HellfireX12

HellfireX12

#10949843 - 10 years ago

In reply to UberSquirrel, #11:

Yeah, I used to play ranked all the time, and then I stopped for almost 6 months because it was just annoying, and spent my time playing social. Then, one day I just decided that I wanted Security armor, and started playing Ranked again. But the whole time, ranked playlists just piss me off. There's no fun involved, it's almost like work.

• UberSquirrel

UberSquirrel

#10950455 - 10 years ago

In reply to HellfireX12, #13:

Exactly; ranked feels like a job instead of a game. I just like being able to play 8v8 in the social playlist. The only reason I don't have 1000/1000 in Halo 3 is because of the achievements requiring you to play ranked (I believe I have around 960 or 970).

• Balian

Balian

#10951443 - 10 years ago

In reply to hey36, #1:

I hate them.

• Sircatnipman

Sircatnipman

#10951997 - 10 years ago

In reply to Balian, #15:

Any specific reason why?

I like the idea of them being in ranked or social, i'm not a big ranked match player anymore, so i welcome the idea of being able to get some in social.

Also I quite like the idea of the Vidmaster Challenge Achievements.

Post edited 9/08/08 7:23PM

• mero90

mero90

#10952050 - 10 years ago

i personally think customs are the way to go, but i prefer ranked over social because i would rather work towards something.

As for the new achievements, its not all that big a deal. so now when you get all those achievements (again) that katana will look even better

• PUNISHER_XCI

PUNISHER_XCI

#10953316 - 10 years ago

no.

• halofanatic8

halofanatic8

#10953659 - 10 years ago

actulay bungie has confirmed 30 mor acheivments

• kenshin8806

kenshin8806

#10955303 - 10 years ago

This is weird...But I guess it does give me a reason to play Halo again.

• UmaiMango

UmaiMango FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Mango

#10960350 - 10 years ago

In reply to HellfireX12, #9:

what i heard was that lone wolves was being bumped up to eight players so it could be easier to get those two achievements.

• mero90

mero90

#10961079 - 10 years ago

dunno about the reason, but yah they are bumping up the # of players

• Kabyk

Kabyk FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#10964829 - 10 years ago

I love the Shakespeare reference. I lol'd when I read what the Poor Yorick achievement was.

The new achievements look great, they look realistic. Achievements aren't supposed to alter your entire game strategy, they're supposed to reward you for doing something good in a real combat situation. This should not involve dedicating whole games to riding a mongoose around, getting -17 k/o spread, or dedicating games to only using the Laser and having to keep going after the one guy who stole it from you when he killed you.

• UberSquirrel

UberSquirrel

#10971419 - 10 years ago

In reply to Kabyk, #23:

Ditto to all of that.

Well, except the Shakespeare thing, I can't stand his writing smiley6.gif

• Duncy

Duncy

#11000170 - 10 years ago

I'll probably sound really stupid for asking this, but what does it mean to complete the campaign with everyone i ghosts?