Forums > Halo

How Do I Draw SPARTAN II Armor?

Posts (24)

• GodxSpeed

GodxSpeed

#9080966 - 11 years ago

I would really like to know. I've tried and tried and... well, nothing seems to be turning out for me. If anyone knows of a drawing tutorial, or has some tips/advice, that would be really great; I need the help.

• Dwarf_Ninjas

Dwarf_Ninjas

#9080992 - 11 years ago

data.furaffinity.net/art/dwarfninjas/1201725112.dwarfninjas_ninjanoobhelmet.jpg

When I draw any type of spartan armor, what I try to remember is that its really fucking complex. So, I start out drawing the most OBVIOUS of details, or stuff that really sticks out... Remember that is basically just the chest, just pumped a bit...

When I drew the Mark 6 Armor, I tried to keep it as close to as I could to looking like the norm, but threw in a little bit of what I normally do. As for the noob armor >.> Didn't care much...

You have to remember that the position of the body to the eyes is going to vary, so foreshortening is a huge bummer.

Another key fact to remember is that all art starts out rough... draw sticks first, then draw the inflated body structure, then the rough sketch and continue on...

Though you might have better answers coming out of this thread than here....

• GodxSpeed

GodxSpeed

#9081039 - 11 years ago

In reply to Dwarf_Ninjas, #2:

Thank you very very much. :D I just thought I'd tell you though that the first link doesn't work.
    ;.;

• ProfDrCmdrChang

ProfDrCmdrChang Professor Doctor Command

#9081052 - 11 years ago

In reply to GodxSpeed, #3:

I suggest grabbing pictures of the Mark VI from different angles (going into a Custom Game and just taking shots of characters is a great way to do this). Practice drawing each part separately--from different angles of course--and just keep working on that until you can do it from memory.

• GodxSpeed

GodxSpeed

#9081057 - 11 years ago

In reply to Amalga, #4:

That's kinda the plan :3 but I don't have my own Smexbox, or halo 3 game. Or anything to go off of except for a lot of fan art... I just need something to start me off. I really want to start with the helmet.

• ProfDrCmdrChang

ProfDrCmdrChang Professor Doctor Command

#9081094 - 11 years ago

In reply to GodxSpeed, #5:

I went through Google and scrounged up some pictures of the Master Chief action figure that's to be released in March. You should be able to find some nice angles here (and some hi-res pics) that you can use for reference material.

• GodxSpeed

GodxSpeed

#9082962 - 11 years ago

In reply to Amalga, #6:

Awesome. Thanks :D

• Mizz711

Mizz711

#9083766 - 11 years ago

with a pencil...lololol
    sorry I had to.
    Good luck with the drawings though.
    Please post it to let us see how it came out.

• GodxSpeed

GodxSpeed

#9084973 - 11 years ago

Lol

Hey, how do I get a mod to move this to the art forum? D:

• WorldWarZero

WorldWarZero

#9086526 - 11 years ago

In reply to Mizz711, #8:

yeah
    i want to see the completed artwork too =)
    after you draw it could you also give me sort of a play by play (for lack of a better term)
    as to how you drew it
    like what you started with, what came next, ect. ect.

• GodxSpeed

GodxSpeed

#9086624 - 11 years ago

In reply to WorldWarZero, #10:

Yeah sure. I take it you're trying to figure this complicated-ass shit out too?

• Mizz711

Mizz711

#9087854 - 11 years ago

so have you had any progress with your drawing?

• GodxSpeed

GodxSpeed

#9087893 - 11 years ago

a little bit, I'll scan what I drew of the helmet and part of the chest piece after studying some MC action figures. Just a sec

• GodxSpeed

GodxSpeed

#9087930 - 11 years ago

01MCPractice.jpg

• Magicspartan

Magicspartan

#9088153 - 11 years ago

I would try to draw the helmet, breast plate and all the other parts separately so you can get their proportions down. Then fill in the visible body form, to me that just seems easier. Good luck =)

• GodxSpeed

GodxSpeed

#9088213 - 11 years ago

Yeah, that's the plan. ^_^ I just added that small part of breastplate because just a helmet and neck looked so... not chiefy.

• Mizz711

Mizz711

#9088654 - 11 years ago

In reply to GodxSpeed, #14:

man thats pretty good.
    Keep up the good work.!

• CoolioMan

CoolioMan

#9091560 - 11 years ago

In reply to GodxSpeed, #14:

Thats pretty good, he looks like he has a large neck though.

Anyways, great job. I've tried trying Master Chief before, I gave up and went back to drawing Samus.

• MofuggerX

MofuggerX

#9104595 - 11 years ago

In reply to GodxSpeed, #1:

I would really like to know. I've tried and tried and... well, nothing seems to be turning out for me. If anyone knows of a drawing tutorial, or has some tips/advice, that would be really great; I need the help.

Find a screenshot and "copy" it.

• pieceofcake

pieceofcake

#9173593 - 11 years ago

I am very good at this stuff. I have only started recently and already have proportions, details, poses, and all the other crap down. I'll see what i can do to help you...

• GodxSpeed

GodxSpeed

#9174696 - 11 years ago

In reply to pieceofcake, #20:

Awesome! Thanks ^_^

• Drunk_Swede

Drunk_Swede

#9178236 - 11 years ago

Google it dude. There are websites for how to draw things all over the place no matter what it may be.

Results depend on your skill and devotion to the artwork.

• GodxSpeed

GodxSpeed

#9179292 - 11 years ago

In reply to Drunk_Swede, #22:

I have googled, and searched on DeviantArt, and searched on youtube. I just can't seem to find the kind of thing I'm looking for.

But as for the results thing, I agree strongly with that.

• milladakilla

milladakilla

#9182175 - 11 years ago

Tracing paper my friend...