Forums > Halo

Bungie.net not updating Spartan avatars

Posts (27)

• Grif_pwnz

Grif_pwnz

#14163434 - 8 years ago

What gives?

• TrueMischief

TrueMischief FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14163525 - 8 years ago

I have noticed it is just slow to update some things. Like yesterday it said I had not finished the challenges for like 2 hours after i was done them all but everything else was basically updating in real time

• gonzo11790

gonzo11790

#14163526 - 8 years ago

i noticed the same thing.....

• Grif_pwnz

Grif_pwnz

#14163527 - 8 years ago

It's kinda pissing me off, but I can just take screenshots.

• Tudor

Tudor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold RTUK Fireteam

#14163548 - 8 years ago

It's a known issue, but given that Reach is still only two weeks old and Bungie are trying to put together a massive title update for October, this is pretty low on the priorities list.
    It'll get fixed eventually though.

• Grif_pwnz

Grif_pwnz

#14163632 - 8 years ago

In reply to TudorVII, #5:

NO, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, I NEED THIS!

• Thoric

Thoric FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Yikes

#14163866 - 8 years ago

In reply to Grif_pwnz, #6:

Your totally right a multi million dollar company should put everything on hold just so YOU can have a picture of your spartan... lets just let forgot about what they might need to do instead or heck even what everyone else wants from bungie. I'll call up bungie right now and make sure they get on that for you.

• Cechmanek

Cechmanek

#14163945 - 8 years ago

In reply to Grif_pwnz, #1:

What gives?

Who cares?

• TrueMischief

TrueMischief FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14164041 - 8 years ago

In reply to Cechmanek, #8:

Who cares?

Good point

• Chi_Mangetsu

Chi_Mangetsu

#14164058 - 8 years ago

In reply to Grif_pwnz, #6:

Jesus, man. Go find a girlfriend.

Or at least a hole in a wall.

• Grif_pwnz

Grif_pwnz

#14164087 - 8 years ago

In reply to Chi_Mangetsu, #10:

Someone can't sense sarcasm....

• Chi_Mangetsu

Chi_Mangetsu

#14164668 - 8 years ago

In reply to Grif_pwnz, #11:

Verbal communication accounts for a significantly smaller portion of effective communication than other communication cues, and one major tenet of sarcasm is superfluous or absurd hyperbole. You hadn't reached that point and thus it was neither amusing nor understandably sarcastic. Had you said something along the lines of, "No one understands meeee," or "I NEED THIS TO LIVE!" then it would be more visibly sarcastic. However, the fact that you made this thread whatsoever gives it another air of seriousness regarding the issue that essentially makes such a remark to be seen as sarcastic nothing short of a dubious backpedaling of one's position.

So which is it? Are you playing it off as if it's nothin' but a thang or do you suck at sarcasm?

• Grif_pwnz

Grif_pwnz

#14165218 - 8 years ago

In reply to Chi_Mangetsu, #12:

Someone's taking things a bit too seriously.

• Mike

Mike FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Feed Me Memes

#14165329 - 8 years ago

I highly doubt that would change anything.

It's hard to do when it's just text on a forum.

In reply to Chi_Mangetsu, #12:

Valid argument.

In reply to Grif_pwnz, #13:

Maybe you're not taking it seriously enough?

In reply to Mike, #14:

This thread has gotten way off topic.

• Grif_pwnz

Grif_pwnz

#14165739 - 8 years ago

In reply to Mike, #14:

This thread has gotten way off topic.

I see what you did there.

• Chi_Mangetsu

Chi_Mangetsu

#14165888 - 8 years ago

In reply to Mike, #14:

Are you saying this thread actually had a point?

• Kdehner

Kdehner

#14167554 - 8 years ago

Back to the original question. Bungie currently has the system that links the armor part of our service records turned off due to a few minor issues in it it will probably be turned back on soon. As of right now tough every ones armor on their service records is the same basic black armor.

• Cechmanek

Cechmanek

#14168048 - 8 years ago

Someone can't sense sarcasm....

Of course claim satire.

• Grif_pwnz

Grif_pwnz

#14179717 - 8 years ago

In reply to Kdehner, #17:

Thanks for answering.

• NeoSarge117

NeoSarge117

#14179946 - 8 years ago

Hmm, I thought Bungie started updating Spartan avatars again. Because My spartan avatar was updated a few days ago to the current set up I'm using.

• Freas23

Freas23

#14193861 - 8 years ago

mine still shows the first spartan set-up i did when i played the first day it came out, its not a big deal but just a little annoying seeing the same thing.

• Tiffany

Tiffany

#14201710 - 8 years ago

Mine occasionally updates, but I still see people with the default spartan in their profiles.

I have a feeling Bungie has been turning it on for a few minutes every now and again, and only the people online at that exact moment get their spartan updated. Just a theory, of course.

• LukeL21

LukeL21 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14201946 - 8 years ago

From what I've read, the servers are behind and it is not a priority.

• Freas23

Freas23

#14396233 - 8 years ago

its been updating your spartans now for the past few weeks so its all good.

• bobyblue12

bobyblue12

#14397037 - 8 years ago

i first played the game in october, it didn't update until a week ago. Just my avatar, though