Forums > Literary Paradise

There's a First Time for Everything!

Posts (5)

• epicFAIL_

epicFAIL_

#30331922 - 10 years ago

Now of course, no one came out of the womb with a book in their hands, reading away while the doctors cut the umbilical cord. Nope. Everyone had their start, and it is that which makes each of us so unique, in our own special little ways. So let us all know: How DID you get your start? Whether your parents read to you at night as a little kid, you picked up a book in first grade and read ever since, or you found one series that got you addicted later in your life. Whatever it is, we want to hear about it.

How did I get my start? Well. Ever since I was a little kid, my parents read to me all the time. I had an early start, I guess you could say. I liked to read; I read all of those lame little books that kids read, the ten page ones that seemed eternally long, but I was never really that interested. The first book I had ever read, which was actually longer than thirty pages, was Harry Potter number one. Now, please note than HP numero uno came out when I was still in first grade. (I actually had to do math for that. Sad.) So naturally, I hadn't read it in first grade. I wasn't THAT good. I'll wager that I read it in either fourth or fifth grade. After reading that book, I started to look into other books, and continued to faithfully read the rest of the Harry Potter series. (Although I was a very late-comer, and by the time I was fully obsessed with the series I was already in eigth or ninth grade.) I love the fact that i'm able to say, "Oh yeah, I started reading because of Harry Potter!" It makes me oh so proud. : D And now, eleven years later, I love reading more than ever. I can easily admit that it is one of my absolute favorite hobbies.

So guys, what about you?

• saiyan_queen

saiyan_queen Ninja Turtle Fangirl

#30331923 - 10 years ago

I remember that the first chapter book I ever read was in 4th grade. It was a book no one now-a-days had ever heard of by Jim Kjelgaard called Swamp Cat.
    That was the book that truly got me to like reading.

Shortly after that Where the Red Fern Growes taught me to love reading.....
    smiley12.gifsmiley12.gifsmiley12.gif

• epicFAIL_

epicFAIL_

#30331924 - 10 years ago

-sigh-
    I love where the Red Fern Grows. I remember reading it in my Reading class in eigth grade and actually crying because of it.
    Wonderful book.

• saiyan_queen

saiyan_queen Ninja Turtle Fangirl

#30331925 - 10 years ago

In reply to epicFAIL_, #3:

Have you seen the Movie adaptation?
    It's an oldie but a goodie, and it needs its own box of tissues.

• epicFAIL_

epicFAIL_

#30331926 - 10 years ago

No, I haven't.
    I wish our teacher had let us watch it, but she was a bitch. So oh well. xD
    Anyway, I might have to rent it sometime, if I have the chance.