Forums > Literary Paradise

Favoritism in Literature

Posts (7)

• epicFAIL_

epicFAIL_

#30330981 - 10 years ago

Everyone has a favorite book. EVERYONE! If you don't, then you obviously don't read a whole lot.
    So naturally, this post would be for everyone to give us their favorite books, and the reason why.
    Be respectful of everyone elses' opinions, too.

Okay. So I have to say that my favorite book of all time is also probably the best book EVER. But you know, maybe it's just my opinion. Favoritism. It's a curse.
    The first book in the series is entitled The Naming. The others that follow are The Riddle, The Crow, and The Singing. They're the most incredibly written books...you'd be shocked. Another friend of mine read the first, and also fell in love with it. She thought it was slow at first, but once it picked up, she was basically...she loved it. If you see it, buy it. It's incredible.

• disneyjedi87

disneyjedi87 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#30330982 - 10 years ago

My favorites are pretty much anything in the Star Wars series. I know some people say science fiction is good literature, but it is. There are a few exceptions, but for the most part they are all good. I would have to say anything written by Timothy Zahn. His way of capturing the reader in the intrigue and excitement of the story are what drew me into the Expanded Universe.

• saiyan_queen

saiyan_queen Ninja Turtle Fangirl

#30330983 - 10 years ago

Where the Red Fern Grows is probably still my all-time favorite book.
    The Incarnations of Immortality series by Piers Anthony probably comes in second.

Graphic Novel-wise I'm a Johnny the Homicidal Maniac fan. That thing's got just so many levels when you look.

• TM_II

TM_II

#30330984 - 10 years ago

Dracula by Bram Stoker. Amazing book.

Jurassic Park is a close second.

• L1nK5Kn1L

L1nK5Kn1L

#30330985 - 10 years ago

Favorites?

I read a lot, but I don't have a favorite book. And I don't have a favorite book because there's always a book I find that I like better than the others, and another book better than that... etc, etc.

• Drakengard15

Drakengard15

#30330986 - 9 years ago

I liked all the classics I.e. The grat gatsby, treasure island, 1984, grimm's fairy tales, the real stuff. the Cronicals of Narnia where to christian overtoned for me.. and teenage girls ruined Harry Potter for me. fuck Twilight enough said

• halogameralx

halogameralx

#30330987 - 9 years ago

"and then there were none" is my faverate with "jonathan strange and mr norrell" in a really close second