Forums > Model Railroaders

Layout Pictures

Posts (10)

• CAB

CAB

#30025260 - 10 years ago

Post pictures of your latest work here!

First up, though not on my layout, is one of my most recent projects, a New Jersey Transit Arrow III electric multiple unit car. I also have a Married pair to build (rather than one double ended car, a married pair are two single ended cars that share equipment). I just need to finish paiting them, and add all the extra detail parts.

100608010hw2.jpg

My new Conrail SD60I

100608030ok9.jpg

My two Brass models, an E44 and a pair of Silverliner II EMUs run pans up under my recently installed scratchbuilt catenary.

100608013cd2.jpg

Some of my best work, my E60MA project

chrisslayoutmodifcationfg1.jpg

I've also recently added new tracks on my layout. I made a new passing track (the middle track between the outer and inner ovals) so that i could operate easier.

chrisslayoutmodifcationye1.jpg

chrisslayoutmodifcationis1.jpg

chrisslayoutmodifcationtu5.jpg

• Kazick

Kazick FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#30025261 - 10 years ago

Would it be possible for me to take a flight in a Cessna or some thing over your route to get a few areal shots? I would like to try and build your route in TRS06. Just be cause I have never tried to build any real railroad. Most of what I have built is just me laying scenic track and small yards.

In my own real lay out news, I went to the hobby shop, Carlton Hobbies, and bought all of there HO straight track. Yes all 9 pieces of it. Carlton Hobbies is more of an RC hobby shop, but to please me they keep some train stuff in stock. Well I am happy to say that my Trans Living room railroad is 75% done. I say 75% done as I sill need a bit more track, both curved and straight, and one 90 degree crossing track.

To clue you all in, every year around Christmas I build a large Lego railroad around the out side edge of my living room with a loop around the tree. Well my poor old Lego train, now almost 10 years old, is starting to not run as good. And with me getting a nice new DCC HO train here at my house I figured the HO train could have the honers. I have all most all the track laid, but need to add more to be done.

Heres a shot form a F-4 Phantom that was passing over.
    1028081601.jpg

The train runs under that little table, and behind the Lazy Boy. Ill post more later, I just have to take them....

• CAB

CAB

#30025262 - 10 years ago

My layout isn't based on any particular real life track, just loosely based in New Jersey. Also, i tend to avoid overhead shots, i think it ruins the magic. My layout looks bigger when you can't tell where it ends...

• Kazick

Kazick FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#30025263 - 10 years ago

Heres one of my new loco's:

1121081533.jpg

And a close up of the driver:

Mytrain.jpg

• Kazick

#30025264 - 10 years ago

Some Photo Shopping later.....

Train1.jpg

• Kazick

#30025265 - 10 years ago

Ok, I have a new one to share, its not my train, but its at a display that I have been volunteering at.

0123091631.jpg

I know it's not the best shot, but it was meant to show the number to a friend. It's of a UP Big Boy in On Scale, not O Gauge, but 2 rail O Scale. If my camera wasn't dead, I would have gotten more shots. But I will next time.

• Kazick

#30025266 - 10 years ago

More for the Chi Town Union Station O scale display.

0125091527.jpg

This one came out too blurry, but that's because I was running that DD40 a bit faster then my camera can take. Most of the trains run at about 40-45 power on the DCC controllers.

0125091527a.jpg

This one's a bit better. These were both taken while trying to talk to a small crowed of people. And my camera sucks at taking pictures of things in motion, even at low speeds. The 3 that I have posted have all been taken in the same place on the lay out. Mostly be cause its the only part of the lay out that is 75% done. You can see a box, that is where a guy is working on a few houses. The rest of the main part of the route is about 50%-60% done. It all has track and is all wired up, but only about 2/3 of the first have has details. It may be another 3-4 year's before the first 1/2 of the route is 100% done. And another 10-12 years before the whole lay out is 100% done. Needless to say, its huge.

• CAB

CAB

#30025267 - 10 years ago

Thats interesting, double headed DDA40Xs.

• S1apSh0es

S1apSh0es

#30025268 - 9 years ago

Double DDA40X's? Talk about overkill.

• Kazick

#30025269 - 9 years ago

Going to do some forum resurrection here.

Those 2 DD40's are by far the 2nd most powerful set of locomotives on the lay out. Right after the 6 Pennsy locomotives pulling 280 cars. If I remember correctly, I was only pulling about 40 coal hoppers. I have some video's, but I'll post them in a new topic.