Forums > Movies

What actor is currently overexposed?

Posts (43)

• AceHBKRVD

AceHBKRVD

#398369 - 14 years ago

When i say overexposed, i mean in movies, not in the tabloids and what not.

I say (and don't get me wrong, i love him) Ben Stiller. I love his movies, but it's all just too much. I think he needs a break.

Here is a link to a very funny man on the Internet, Maddox. It is his take on Ben Stiller.
    http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=ben_stiller_should_star_in_every_movie

His quote: "Each of his characters is unique, displaying the full gamut of emotions on the spectrum (of emotions), ranging from: extremely quirky and neurotic to somewhat quirky and neurotic."

• The_Rizzo

The_Rizzo

#398397 - 14 years ago

Jude Law

Also, your link no worky

• Grunthos

Grunthos

#398403 - 14 years ago

In reply to The_Rizzo, #2:

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Samuel L. Jackson. Cause like Chris Griffin said 'he's in like EVERYTHING"

• Greenleaf1

Greenleaf1

#398406 - 14 years ago

I agree, +1 Ditto for you.

• AceHBKRVD

AceHBKRVD

#398425 - 14 years ago

Yea, i have troubles with links. just copy and paste i guess

• zorbee

zorbee

#398531 - 14 years ago

In reply to AceHBKRVD, #1:
    Pamela Anderson.. is over exposed...LITERALLY!

• Nibbish

Nibbish

#398587 - 14 years ago

Link

With clickability for the lazy

• Neosakid

Neosakid

#398620 - 14 years ago

colin farrell, he was in like 5 movies last year, and like 3 this year, and a few the year before

• lugarou

lugarou

#398742 - 14 years ago

In reply to Neosakid, #8:

Will Ferrell will be the Overexposed Poster-Boy for 2005. He's got 12 or so movies cued up.

• Grunthos

Grunthos

#398747 - 14 years ago

In reply to lugarou, #9:

At least I like Will Ferrell enough not to mind so much. And forgot to mention Angelina Jolie. Like Jude Law, Ioan Gruffudd, Halle Berry, Clive Owen, and others Miss Jolie gets more and more popular without really accomplishing much in her roles. She is just there to look good and sexy IMO.

• HAPPYending

HAPPYending

#398752 - 14 years ago

In reply to lugarou, #9:

Paris Hilton.... people don't think she's an actress, but come ON! Dumb blondes= $$$$$..... you cant be that MORONIC, can you? Well, forget I asked that....

• iamwillow

iamwillow

#398759 - 14 years ago

i agree with maddox on this one even though i like ben stiller. i would rather see him come out with two funny movies a year rather than dilute his talent and put a halfhearted effort into 17 scripts.

oh, and the second most overexposed actress is his wife, who mysteriously seems to get the leading lady role in so many of his movies.

• Nixorbo

Nixorbo

#398857 - 14 years ago

My friend and I have a theory that either Jon Voight, Colin Ferrell, or Christopher Walken have been in at least 75% of all movies made in the last 30 years.

• mogulus

mogulus

#398865 - 14 years ago

In reply to Nixorbo, #13:

I think there for a while Tommy Lee Jones was over exposed... and perhapse paid the price for it.. i don't know..i like most everything he's in... but he's not around much anymore. sad,r eally.

• Teflon23

Teflon23

#398952 - 14 years ago

I agree with HAPPYending, Paris Hilton is the most overexposed "actress" right now. Actress is in quotation marks because while she always seems to be shooting a movie of some sort, I've only ever seen her play herself on a few TV shows. And she is famous for being a rich, party-happy slut, not for actually doing anything - she's getting exposure for existing, basically. If that isn't overexposed, I don't know what is.

• Griezel

Griezel

#398957 - 14 years ago

No one has mentioned Johnny Depp yet?

• Grunthos

Grunthos

#398962 - 14 years ago

In reply to Griezel, #16:

Mr. Depp is a great actor though. Don't mind him at all.

• Griezel

Griezel

#398981 - 14 years ago

In reply to Grunthos, #17:

Very true. I never meant to imply that he wasn't.

• AceHBKRVD

AceHBKRVD

#399106 - 14 years ago

In reply to Griezel, #18:

Right. It's not about the person's talent, but the amount of work they are doing in a short amount of time. Depp has had several films come out and coming out soon, but obvisiously we aren't upset that he sucks, because he doesn't.

Will Ferrell definitely can be thought of as overexposed. He is very funny, and i think his saving grace that he won't be overexposed is that he just basically does cameos when he isn't the star, like in Starsky and Hutch. But yea, he's in a lot. Paris Hilton, yup. I think with Walken, he's been around for so long that we don't really think about him, ya know? There was a stretch where he did very little and now he is doing more because there is a bit of a demand for him.

• AceHBKRVD

AceHBKRVD

#402307 - 14 years ago

In reply to AceHBKRVD, #19:

Bump. Yea, that's right, I'm an attention whore

• Ed_Gruberman

Ed_Gruberman

#402314 - 14 years ago

do any of you think it's kinda redundant to have a thread on most overexposed actor?

• jbones4710

jbones4710

#402321 - 14 years ago

In reply to lugarou, #9:

but will ferrell is hilarious although he shoudl go back to SNL

• jbones4710

jbones4710

#402322 - 14 years ago

In reply to jbones4710, #22:

should*

• jbones4710

jbones4710

#402323 - 14 years ago

i think that if the actor is really good there is no over exposure for it is all good

• dperrin

dperrin

#402350 - 14 years ago

In reply to jbones4710, #22:

i think if will ferell goes back to SNL, it will be a step backwards. He is much funnier in movies, because he doesnt have to worry about being censored or on the same stage as unfunny SNL actors.