Forums > Movies

Pirates of the Caribbean 3

Posts (959)

• darksideyoda

darksideyoda

#4966622 - 13 years ago

I wanted to make this thread for people who have seen the second
    movie and want to talk about what might be in the third.

I have no ideas except one, when Barbossa hears that the Black Pearl
    is destroyed he will be very angry...

Thanks,
    Austin (darksideyoda)

• film_geek

film_geek

#4966955 - 13 years ago

Way to spoiled it for everyone who has not seen the ending. I've seen it, but that was the biggest surprise in the whole movie, I feel sorry for everyone else who has not seen it yet.

• ARTaylor

ARTaylor

#4967148 - 13 years ago

IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN PIRATES 2 THEN DON'T LOOK HERE! THERE WILL BE SPOILERS ABOUND!

I had read that they are going to the "World's End" before I saw 2 tonight. I'm hoping that it'll answer some of the questions brought up in 2, they really left a lot open. There was a lot of stuff they didn't explain, or didn't explain very well.

• iron_monkey

iron_monkey

#4967162 - 13 years ago

i think that Jack will destroy the krakens insides

• Slade3k

Slade3k

#4967376 - 13 years ago

***SPOILER REALTED OBSERVATION***

First off how can Elizabeth justify dooming Jack essentially to his death? She is such a smelly pirate hooker!!! I just hope they bring him back in the first 5 minutes of the third movie. I dont want to sit through half the movie waiting for him to show up on screen. And I also wonder what kind of deal Barbosa made in order for him to come back from the dead. Should be some very interesting stuff.

• TheVileOne

TheVileOne

#4967423 - 13 years ago

It's no different than Jack dooming Will Turner.

Jack's a pirate, and Elizabeth played pirate back. That's why Jack wasn't upset about it.

Slade3K, Jack brought it on himself. He was the one who sold his soul to Davy Jones. It's his own fault.

• Whedabra

Whedabra

#4968143 - 13 years ago

In reply to TheVileOne, #6:

Yes I agree with you, and that's one of the resons I loved that part of the movie....It happend just like he said it would happen, and it resulted in what would appear to be his own demise.

I really hope that the final movie is a bit deeper though, like the first one. The second movie took for granted that you knew everything from the first film.....but since there are so many things not explained in the second one, I hope they really take their time with the 3rd one.

• weirdz

weirdz

#4968296 - 13 years ago

someone should delete this forum, those bastards at top really ruin the dead man's chest

• PsychoAngel

PsychoAngel

#4968454 - 13 years ago

And I also wonder what kind of deal Barbosa made in order for him to come back from the dead. Should be some very interesting stuff.

For some reason I don't think he died in the first one. He was probably bying and dragged himself to the Stone Chest and took one og the gold coins giving him his "life" back. That's probably how he's still alive. The only question with that is, Why the hell is the monkey still undead?!

• iron_monkey

iron_monkey

#4968493 - 13 years ago

But barbosa bit into the apple at the end
    which in the first movie that was his only wish
    to be able to taste the apple
    so he has to be alive now

and at the end of the first movie the monkey stole a coin after the curse was lifted

• PsychoAngel

PsychoAngel

#4968516 - 13 years ago

yeah, he probably took the coin so he could survive the bullet, then lifted the curse on himself. And i know the monkey took the coin again at the end. But if barbossa actualyl lifted the curse, he would've lifted the monkeys curse too, that's why I aks why it's still cursed.

Of course, this is all if what I sais before actually happened.

• iron_monkey

iron_monkey

#4968523 - 13 years ago

i think he made a deal or jacks bullet didnt actually kill him
    or he pulled a jesus

• princeofpork

princeofpork

#4968630 - 13 years ago

This is from my journal, a bit a bout Barbossa.

I don't think Tia Dalma (the witch doctor lady) brought him back. It was likely that, as an undead cap'n he sailed the seven seas, knew the oceans, then he died and went "beyond", skipping Mr. Jones and all that malarky, somewhere where great/afflicted pirates go. Knowing the rest of the seas so well, he got back from "Beyond", thus effectively bringing himself back from the dead. He went to Tia Dalma because he knew of her, and that she could help him. He was with Jack originally when the Pearl went there 13 years back.

Kinda out there, but I think it's quite a valid theory.

• iron_monkey

iron_monkey

#4968767 - 13 years ago

no, i doubt that its going to be that complex

• Slade3k

Slade3k

#4968815 - 13 years ago

It does give the rest of the crew some hope of bringing Jack back though. If Barbosa can come back then so can he no doubt.

• iron_monkey

iron_monkey

#4968836 - 13 years ago

but jack is savvy
    so he doesnt need to come back because he most likely never died
    he'll wash up on his own

• Vassili

Vassili

#4969088 - 13 years ago

Jack brought it on himself. He was the one who sold his soul to Davy Jones. It's his own fault.

I understood that he sold his soul and Jones wanted it, but why did he do it? To get the Pearl back? I must have not heard that part : /

• iron_monkey

iron_monkey

#4969108 - 13 years ago

yea i dont exactly remember what happened
    why did he have to get it pulled from the depths

• film_geek

film_geek

#4969120 - 13 years ago

In reply to weirdz, #8:

Then don't read a thread about a sequel to a movie you have not seen yet.

Dumb ass.

• PsychoAngel

PsychoAngel

#4969140 - 13 years ago

in reply to film_geek, #19

Maybe he's just watching out for the ones who haven't seen it...

• film_geek

film_geek

#4969211 - 13 years ago

In reply to PsychoAngel, #20:

But they should not read it either, if I did not want to know anything about Pirates 2 I would not read a thread about Pirates 3. It's common sence.

• iron_monkey

iron_monkey

#4969453 - 13 years ago

i agree with geek

• TheVileOne

TheVileOne

#4969660 - 13 years ago

There's a spoiler warning at the top. I'm not taking care to avoid spoilers in here.

This talk is for people that have seen Pirates 2!

• film_geek

film_geek

#4969746 - 13 years ago

Exactly, if you read a thread about Pirates 3 before you have seen Pirates two, then the best way to describe you would be

"the wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead"

So, who thinks Jack is alive in the belly of the beast, and maybe that's where he finds his father?

• TheVileOne

TheVileOne

#4969763 - 13 years ago

film_geek,

It's my understanding that at the beginning of Pirates 2 that Chow Yun Fat is in posession of Jack's body. Don't ask me how.

Maybe the Kraken is like a dimensional portal or something.

We haven't seen the last of Jack though, that's for sure.

Does anyone else think Elizabeth is going to end up with Jack? It seems Jack is the one she is truly in love with.