Forums > Movies

Run, Fatboy, Run.

Posts (10)

• jimberoo

jimberoo

#7926524 - 11 years ago

Couldn't find anything in the Archive on this so I assume it hasn't been made already.

Trailer.

Run, Fatboy, Run is a forthcoming film directed by David Schwimmer [Ross from Friends], starring Simon Pegg, Dylan Moran, and Thandie Newton.

Plot [from wikipedia]:

"Overly lazy and commitment-phobic, Dennis (Simon Pegg) suffers a minor breakdown and ditches his pregnant girlfriend Libby (Thandie Newton) at the altar. Ten years later, Dennis realizes just how big a mistake he made. But just as Dennis sets out with his young son to woo her back, he learns that a flashy new suitor (Hank Azaria) has claimed her heart. So, in order to win her back, Dennis decides to prove himself by stop being lazy and begins training for his first marathon with his over-sexed best friend (Dylan Moran) as his coach. In way over his head, Dennis' pathetic attempt culminates in what may be the most spirited but hilarious race ever run."

Trailer looks a bit hilarious, I reckon this'll be another hit. Definitely going to go see this when it's out =].

• trickstar

trickstar

#7926668 - 11 years ago

yea I heard about this and I can't wait! my 2 favourite ppl simon pegg and dylan moran! and david schwimmer(Big Nothing) everyones connected lol

• Sly_Boots

Sly_Boots

#7931854 - 11 years ago

Excellent!!!! Looks like a success to me. Pegg and Moran are both brilliant, but together I think I might explode from comedy overload.

I'm really interested to see something that Schwimmer's directed. I've not seen anything that he's done before.

• GOUGH8

GOUGH8

#9194135 - 11 years ago

this movie is finally comming out next month!!! i can't wait to see it.

• DoNothing69

DoNothing69

#9195076 - 11 years ago

It came out in the UK at the end of last year. The DVD was out last Monday. Haven't seen it but a couple of friends said it was good, no Hot Fuzz but pretty funny.

• film_geek

film_geek

#9195605 - 11 years ago

I've seen this (In London on holiday)

It's not bad. not great, but I found it funny.

Well, come right up then!

you'll get that in a month.

• GOUGH8

GOUGH8

#9196092 - 11 years ago

It’s already out in UK!? That's bogus. Oh well, I can wait

• trickstar

trickstar

#9197999 - 11 years ago

watched it 6 months ago, not very gd, It was ok but not any where near the standard of shaun of the dead and hotfuzz. Big Nothing is much better starring simon pegg and david schwimmer

• jimberoo

jimberoo

#9198016 - 11 years ago

In reply to trickstar, #8:

Big Nothing is weird, but awesome. And I got it for only £3. =D.

• DoNothing69

DoNothing69

#9198037 - 11 years ago

I enjoyed it, although it didn't feel like a movie. It felt like an extended tv special, but I also got it cheap.