Forums > Movies

Netflix hidden gems

Posts (11)

• ceej15

ceej15

#15290881 - 7 years ago

Netflix has a very wide range of films to suite everybody. Sometimes, people look over a movie on there because it looks like it doesn't suite them. That or it looks so terrible that it's not worth a shot. But. Over the years of my membership, I have come across what I call "hidden gems". Which are the movies that most people will look over but are actually very good. What's some that comes to mind that you've seen on there and was blown away?

Two come to mind right away for me:
    Beneath the Dark and The Perfect Host.

• AlphaFenrir

AlphaFenrir

#15290936 - 7 years ago

The Perfect Host is the movie with the actor who was Frasier's brother, right? If so then I completely agree, that movie was great. I would recommend that movie to anyone. I have not heard of Beneath the Dark, I'll take a look into it.

I would recommend Red State, its a Kevin Smith film but more "horror/action" then it you might expect a Kevin Smith film.

• ChaosAD

ChaosAD

#15290972 - 7 years ago

I liked "The Wave" quite a bit. German film, and while a bit predictable, it was also enjoyable, for me at least.

• Kaoru27Umi

Kaoru27Umi Princess of Mars

#15291117 - 7 years ago

What the #$*! Do We Know!? is a documentary-ish about reality, which I found fascinating, but I just like the whole "what is real? what is fantasy?" concepts... you know like the Matrix! smiley1.gif

• ceej15

ceej15

#15291136 - 7 years ago

In reply to AlphaFenrir, #2:

That's the one! It was so freaking good. So unexpected.

And Red State has been in my Queue forever. Think you just gave me the push I needed to start watching it.

• Hounboy

Hounboy

#15291429 - 7 years ago

"exit through the giftshop" it's a documentary on street art. Fantastic.

• JohnnySaki

JohnnySaki

#15292453 - 7 years ago

In reply to Hounboy, #6:
    First off, nothing against you but fuck Banksy.

Secondly the TedTalks are easy place to kill some time.

• Hounboy

Hounboy

#15292591 - 7 years ago

In reply to JohnnySaki, #7:

Fuck banksy???

• JohnnySaki

JohnnySaki

#15293795 - 7 years ago

In reply to Hounboy, #8:

*Facepalm, yes fuck that guy.

• Hounboy

Hounboy

#15293909 - 7 years ago

In reply to JohnnySaki, #9:

Why?

• AlphaFenrir

AlphaFenrir

#15294121 - 7 years ago

lol, So anyway. :p

Anyone know anything about, "Far North" or "North Face"? If not I can watch them and tell everybody Whether it might be worth it.