Forums > Movies

Spider-Man in the MCU

Posts (22)

• Taz94

Taz94

#17392906 - 4 years ago

Spider-Man is confirmed to appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, with Marvel also co-producing the next solo Spider-Man movie:

marvel.com/news/movies/24062/sony_pictur...

Thoughts? I'm personally excited to see the new direction the Spidey franchise will take.

Post edited 2/10/15 11:53AM

• Impossibear

Impossibear FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17392970 - 4 years ago

Can't believe it's finally happening!!!
    Also will Andrew Garfield still be Spider-man and if so how do they explain why he wasn't around when New York was under attack.

• markren_92

markren_92

#17393329 - 4 years ago

In reply to Impossibear, #2:

Doubt they'll use him. I think they'll say that he's been around for "x" years, but he's been stopping local and small crime, robberies, assaults, the kind of neighborhood spider. when the attack on NY happens he was getting people to safety, fighting aliens on the streets away from the epicenter of the attack. the attack was pretty quick to start in NY and also he seen Iron man, Thor and hulk kicking about. He thought they were better than him, he may have stopped a bank robbery but hulk destroyed part of the US army, and iron man is iron man. Maybe after ultron he's been doing it for longer and feels like he should be a part of the avengers and wants to help on a larger scale. Iron Man gives him the opportunity to be the face of the registration act and BOOM, spiderman in MCU.

• Taz94

Taz94

#17393524 - 4 years ago

In reply to Impossibear, #2:

I doubt Andrew will return, I believe it's going to be a full reboot. I'm not too disappointed though, especially considering that Kevin Feige and his team will have more input into creating the Spider-Man they believe would be best suited to the MCU. I personally hope they go for an already established Spider-Man and skip over any origin stuff, kind of like how Batman will be in Dawn of Justice.

• Spectre08

Spectre08 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17393541 - 4 years ago

I don't think they'll do a full reboot, and I don't think it would be necessary. The last 2 movies have focused on very low level crime compared to the kind of villains that the Avengers fight.

If they do reboot they'll have to cram yet ANOTHER origin story into one of the films, and it would be sloppy at best.

And like I said, there's no reason to do it. All they need to do is recast Garfield, which they're planning for movie 3 anyways, and drop in some quick reference to Amazing Spiderman 2 to link the films in.

There's nothing in either of the last 2 movies that would conflict with the MCU movies.

They could also go full Lucas and CGI Stark Tower into new releases of the last 2.

Post edited 2/10/15 12:09PM

• Taz94

Taz94

#17393583 - 4 years ago

In reply to Spectre08, #5:

It's true that there wouldn't be too much explanation needed in order to fit the last 2 movies into the MCU continuity. It depends on how far Marvel want to creatively differ from the previous films, although I agree with not wanting to see Spider-Man's origin again for the third time.

• vyctoriyang

vyctoriyang FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17395378 - 4 years ago

Come on Miles Morales

• NovaTags

NovaTags

#17400335 - 4 years ago

I'm just thrilled that they are introducing him in another MCU movie before his own. So tired of hearing Peter's origin story over and over. IGN had a good article today though about how Spidey in the MCU might mean Black Panther will take on a smaller role. But I'm thrilled about it no matter what

• Kumorastar

Kumorastar FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17402553 - 4 years ago

I am sad about Andrew Garfield not being Spider-Man anymore but I do like that we'll get to Spider-Man's interactions with other heros. And I know it won't happen but I would absolutely love to see a Miles Morales.

• Drunkmers

Drunkmers

#17403647 - 4 years ago

I like it, hope Garfield get recasted.

• carsoniii

carsoniii

#17403653 - 4 years ago

This is Donald Glover's time to shine!!!

• Taz94

Taz94

#17403659 - 4 years ago

In reply to Kumorastar, #10:

A Miles Morales Spider-Man in the MCU would definitely be interesting.

In reply to carsoniii, #12:

We can only hope!

• carsoniii

carsoniii

#17403661 - 4 years ago

In reply to Tazz94, #13:

Haha, I wish. It would be really interesting to see a different iteration of Spider-Man, but I feel like since Marvel finally has him back, they would want to do the traditional Peter Parker first. It would be cool if down the line, when the new wave of Avengers starts, Spidey sticks around and maybe Miles Morales can take over at that point. If there's a chance for a new Cap, I think we could see another Spidey eventually.

• Taz94

Taz94

#17403673 - 4 years ago

In reply to carsoniii, #14:

Yeah there's a lot of different directions Marvel can go with it, especially considering how deep Spider-Man's universe is. I agree with Marvel going down the traditional route, but it'd be interesting to see if they go for the Ultimate version of Peter Parker or the old school version like Sam Raimi's.

• JazzRoses

JazzRoses

#17407263 - 4 years ago

I mean we have to considered how Spiderman first started when he first got his powers in the comics. He didn't automatically start fighting big guns like the Green Goblin or Electro. He started with petty crimes and bank robberies. Mark_ren92 does make a good point in saying that they could have him getting civilians out the wayor they could say that after NY, new and young heroes began to appear at a gradual pace to the point that S.H.I.E.L.D didn't feel a need to bat an eye until major villains showed up.

• Spectre08

Spectre08 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17407289 - 4 years ago

In reply to JazzRoses, #16:

I mean we have to considered how Spiderman first started when he first got his powers in the comics. He didn't automatically start fighting big guns like the Green Goblin or Electro. He started with petty crimes and bank robberies. Mark_ren92 does make a good point in saying that they could have him getting civilians out the wayor they could say that after NY, new and young heroes began to appear at a gradual pace to the point that S.H.I.E.L.D didn't feel a need to bat an eye until major villains showed up.

Actually, if you watch the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon series, which sticks pretty close to the MCU, that's exactly what he was doing. IIRC they actually showed him helping bystanders during the attack, and then making some quips about it to the Avengers afterwards.

• JazzRoses

JazzRoses

#17407292 - 4 years ago

In reply to Spectre08, #17:

I've never seen EMH sadly ;-;

• Spectre08

#17407316 - 4 years ago

In reply to JazzRoses, #18:

In reply to Spectre08, #17:

I've never seen EMH sadly ;-;

it's on netflix, and it's awesome

• JazzRoses

JazzRoses

#17407324 - 4 years ago

In reply to Spectre08, #19:

I'll have to watch it then. EHM was on when I was little and the only person that had Comcast was my mom and I didn't live with her so I missed out.

• nate04

nate04

#17407327 - 4 years ago

Does this mean Spiderman will be apart of the Avengers? I've never read the comics...

• Taz94

Taz94

#17416977 - 4 years ago

In reply to nate04, #21:

Due to the fact that he's reportedly going to be in Avengers: Infinity War, he'll likely join them. He has teamed up with them several times in the comics, even though he isn't always considered a fully fledged member.

• varjotta

varjotta FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17424147 - 4 years ago

I really liked Garfield as Spider-man, but I'd absolutely love love LOVE to see Miles Morales as the new Spider-man in the MCU. Knowing Marvel's tendency to prefer white cis hetero male heroes though I doubt it'll happen, but maybe, like carsoniii said, if Peter sticks around as Spidey for a while Miles could take over at some point :).

I certainly hope that there won't be another full reboot of Peter Parker's Spider-man when he joins the MCU, but in all honesty I'm afraid that's exactly what's going to happen, but, well, one can always hope. I'm still very excited that Sony and Marvel Studios are collaborating and we finally get Spidey into the MCU as well, now if only we could get the X-Men join too the universe would be perfect, haha!